[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

ARK Event Arcane Symbol Selector Coupons

lodwyvernlodwyvern
Reactions: 1,960
edited June 2018 in General Chat
After giving the patch notes a few looks over, it has come to the attention of many Reboot players that sources of Event Arcane Symbol Selectors are being severely limited in the Reboot world.

The first source is from the ARK Event Coin shop. In previous event shops, since symbols in these shops were introduced, both Reboot and non-Reboot worlds were able to purchase 20 of a particular arcane symbol per week. We've also had 2 Rainbow Spectrum events, 1 Sunny Sunday, and a couple of the ARK pre-events where both types of worlds received Arcane Symbol Selectors. For whatever reason, this seems to have changed with the ARK event. Listed in the patch notes one can find:

Arcane Symbol Selector Coupon: Costs 50 Ark Coins. Available in non-Reboot worlds only.

Unless this is a typo or oversight, this is a rather inexplicable method of gating progression on the Reboot world.

The second source is from the Maple Relay event. This is a reskinned Play V/TakeOver/Super Nova event with for the most part the same tiered rewards as usual. However, for the Tier 2 cumulative achievement box there is a stark difference in rewards:

Open 40 Daily Maple Relay Rewards Boxes: Maple Relay Rewards Tier 2 Box. Open to receive:

Non-Reboot worlds: Lil Dark Angel Wings, Arcane Symbol Selector Coupon (x15)
Reboot world: Mysterious Meso Pouch (x30)

Reboot usually receives the 30 Mysterious Meso Pouches in place of 5 Golden Apples and the Lil Dark Angel Wings, however, Arcane Symbol Selectors aren't a class of item that is exclusive to non-Reboot worlds. There is no reason as to why the Reboot reward shouldn't either be replaced with or include the same amount of Arcane Symbol Selectors. This could be a matter of just copy-pasting older rewards and not recognizing the fact that Symbol Selectors are available in Reboot, however, if it is intentional there ought to be some sort of explanation given.

Don't take our Arcane Symbol Selectors away, please and thanks. (Losing 175 total symbols is a lot)
TamirkoElystStorMighTJuckingmjgj96SketchGanondorf69RennnSpiritZottenkereland 8 others.

Comments

• TamirkoTamirko
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2018
    Agreed. Please give Reboot the same reward and not meso pouches, I think anyone would agree and prefer symbol selectors as well.
  • StorMighTStorMighT
    Reactions: 100
    edited June 2018
    Agreed. Replacing these good rewards with just some meso pouches feels pretty bad to be honest.
  • sink123sink123
    Reactions: 865
    edited June 2018
    I agree with this. For all intents and purposes, symbol progression rates for Reboot and non-Reboot are identical. There is no reason Reboot should not receive access to these event symbols.
  • JuckingJucking
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited June 2018
    Agreed.
  • mjgj96mjgj96
    Reactions: 1,510
    edited June 2018
    Agreed. There is no advantage that Reboot has over other servers with regards to Arcane Symbols, if anything we have a disadvantage with the coming Arcane Catalyst item (which should be up for discussion to be made available in Reboot as well).
  • Ganondorf69Ganondorf69
    Reactions: 400
    edited June 2018
    Yes
  • ZelpexRebootZelpexReboot
    Reactions: 570
    edited June 2018
    Please let Reboot have the same rewards..
  • ZottenkerelZottenkerel
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2018
    I would like to add to this that this is happening on top of Reboot not having access to the Arcane Catalyst. If anything I would expect the Arcane Selector Coupons/Sunny Sunday reward Symbols to not be available on non-Reboot, since they have the Arcane Catalyst. This feels like a double slap in the face and I have absolutely no idea why. Must be a typo, right?
  • crazyCyborgcrazyCyborg
    Reactions: 415
    edited June 2018
    I agree. Can someone explanin why Reboot is gated from this item?
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited June 2018
    Please be a typo..
  • RennnRennn
    Reactions: 1,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Agreed. I'd also like to add that the method and difficulty of acquiring event coins to purchase these symbols is similar across Reboot and non-Reboot. If the devs are concerned about Reboot players farming out the symbol coupons from the shop across multiple characters and funneling it all to one character, they have the option to make the coupons from the shop in Reboot completely untradable if they aren't already. I don't have to say more about the Maple Relay Tier 2 box since those are once per world only.
  • SpiritSpirit
    Reactions: 1,365
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    There is absolutely no reason as to why we shouldn't be allowed these.
    KMS Reboot had the Arcane Symbol Selector, so GMS Reboot needs it too.

Image Proof: 9999999.png
    Video Link (at timeline 00:16):

Image Proof (at timeline 00:26): 90890.png
    Video Link:

Proof that the character in the video is in KMS Reboot: 777888888.png
    RennnZelpexRebootlodwyvern
  • RaiGenoRaiGeno
    edited June 2018
    If the post above isn't proof enough we should have it, I don't know what is.
  • TheMiddlemanTheMiddleman
    Reactions: 100
    Just posting here to show support!

Really weird that we suddenly are no longer able to get these symbols.
  • EggtartKingEggtartKing
    edited June 2018
    To be honest,
    I couldn't think of any reasons why the symbol selector cannot be purchase in Reboot world.

Lots of player, including me, are very hype to this symbol selector; I've planned how to spend my ark coin like half months ago, and now you told me that this is not going be released in Reboot World.

I know most of people is going to buy this selector and select Esfera Symbol when it comes out, but please remember that, lots of players in Reboot, they cannot fund, which means that they are not strong enough to clear some daily quests from Dream Defender or Spirit Savior. THIS SYMBOL SELECTOR WILL GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO CATCH UP WITH BIG PLAYERS IN REBOOT.

I meant if the Symbol Selector cannot select Esfera Symbol, that's fine to me, but please at least release it in Reboot..

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Thank you all for the feedback (and the info from KMS).
    We've passed it on to Nexon.
    Spirit
  • EggtartKingEggtartKing
    edited June 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Thank you all for the feedback (and the info from KMS).
    We've passed it on to Nexon.

OMG YOU ARE THE BEST
  • lodwyvernlodwyvern
    Reactions: 1,960
    edited June 2018
    Cheers.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Update from Nexon:
    The Arcane Symbol Selector is in the coin shop in Reboot.
    They are still looking into the Relay event.
    InvulgolodwyvernEggtartKingArgentRennn
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited June 2018
    Can we also have the dark angel wings? I see no reason reboot shouldn't have it
    Argent