[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Its time to calm down.

SimzSimz
Reactions: 985
edited June 2018 in General Chat
Pretty much every large update has always had unforeseen bugs ->maintenance.
Sure, its not ideal that this happens, but maybe we should try not to go complete mad about it. The guys are fixing things, or at the very least compensating for it.
I think we all know this shouldn´t happen, but hey, i´ve seen worse games.
If anything, it makes my anticipation for the event that much higher knowing that the update has less of chance to mess things up.
Lets try and think positive guys (or girls).
TachikawaHiyokoscholar624MapleBishopFan85

Comments

• MarmilaidousMarmilaidous
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2018
    I don't know where you've seen or read other people being angry about this matter, but if you are speaking in generally, I can understand the anger of certain people.
    The downtime is legitimate, but it's quite long as compared to previous ones, which were much shorter.
    For me, this being one of the few weekdays that I have which are off and free to play games, I wanted to spend it training hard but found myself with this big downtime, and was kinda disappointed.
    But if there is going to be a good EXP based compensation after all this, I won't be, personally, angry at this.
    By the way, thinking positive is possible when things are fair and honest. Considering the frequent updates posted hourly, they're(nexon) being completely fair. At the same time, I think this could have been much shorter.
  • TachikawaHiyokoTachikawaHiyoko
    Reactions: 1,290
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, this happens all the time and it's logical. They change so many things that add to the ones that were already kinda strange from before, plus changing system things or "core things" that messes are bond to happen. Let's hope that they'll be able to do the fixes they need, so things can be a little bit more stable and we can actually play. :) I'd personally rather they take longer in bringing the game back online, but that they make things right so they don't have to keep going offline to continue to fix stuff. :P
  • MarmilaidousMarmilaidous
    Reactions: 510
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, this happens all the time and it's logical. They change so many things that add to the ones that were already kinda strange from before, plus changing system things or "core things" that messes are bond to happen. Let's hope that they'll be able to do the fixes they need, so things can be a little bit more stable and we can actually play. :) I'd personally rather they take longer in bringing the game back online, but that they make things right so they don't have to keep going offline to continue to fix stuff. :P
    I'm sure that's their intention, to come back on after taking the time to fix everything. But I doubt they can ensure no issues will arise altogether, otherwise we wouldn't see all these constant downtimes.
    Generally, coding and bug fixing are difficult tasks even for very experienced people who work in this industry, so they deserve some appreciation for the hard work, even if it is paid work and not volunteering work. It's still hard work, man.
  • KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited June 2018
    I don't know where you've seen or read other people being angry about this matter, but if you are speaking in generally, I can understand the anger of certain people.
    The downtime is legitimate, but it's quite long as compared to previous ones, which were much shorter.
    For me, this being one of the few weekdays that I have which are off and free to play games, I wanted to spend it training hard but found myself with this big downtime, and was kinda disappointed.
    But if there is going to be a good EXP based compensation after all this, I won't be, personally, angry at this.
    By the way, thinking positive is possible when things are fair and honest. Considering the frequent updates posted hourly, they're(nexon) being completely fair. At the same time, I think this could have been much shorter.

Check out reddit for mostly salty people XD
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited June 2018
    i'm very angery
  • SimzSimz
    edited June 2018

I happened to come across some rather rude comments about the issue in the forums which made me want to make this post :9

But yeah, at least theyre posting updates, which is nice, and i agree with your point for wanting a fair compensation. :)
  • SimzSimz
    edited June 2018

Its great to know im not alone in thinking like this!
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    I am rather angry because i wanted to see how well my angelic buster does with flamed gear and also wanted to level my burning character.
  • AimeeReneeAimeeRenee
    Reactions: 200
    edited June 2018
    I just came back to the game after quitting years ago. Started a new account on Monday as I couldn't find the details for my old account. Haven't been able to log in since Tuesday and seeing hourly updates saying "we are still working on it" isn't really useful information. I think I picked the worst time to come back to playing this game and it doesn't appear to have gotten any better with the updates and maintenance in the 6 or 7 years since I last played it. Don't get me wrong, they need to keep the game down to fix the issues, just every other game I have played in the last 15 years has never worked like this for updates and maintenance. It's usually all done on test servers and mostly fixed before it gets released and the actual servers are down for minimal time. It looks like they are going to be fixing it close to midnight in Europe. Hopefully it doesn't break again before we get to log in in the morning!
  • CurlyBraceCurlyBrace
    Reactions: 205
    edited June 2018
    I'm losing the events to get Ark coins and probably a nice bonus to get x2 Arks coins in the events and I can not participate to anything because the game is still not open! Of course I'm angry!