[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Flame Free Gear

YinYangXYinYangX
Reactions: 3,995
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2018 in General Chat
Might be an odd question, but is there any way to get rid of bonus stats/flame status on a gear once it's been flamed?
And is there still a chance that gear that you pick up can be bonus stats/flame free? Or will every drop (minus the non-KMS boss stuff) always have flamed status?
(Semi-related question, is there any way to remove potential also?)

Comments

• OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    Perfect Innocence Scrolls can remove Bonus Stats, since regular Innocence Scrolls say that Bonus Stats cannot be reset. In fact, now that Rebirth Flames are here, the word "Perfect" is very significant.
    YinYangX
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited June 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Might be an odd question, but is there any way to get rid of bonus stats/flame status on a gear once it's been flamed?
    And is there still a chance that gear that you pick up can be bonus stats/flame free? Or will every drop (minus the non-KMS boss stuff) always have flamed status?

Why?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    OdysseyTwo wrote: »
    Perfect Innocence Scrolls can remove Bonus Stats, since regular Innocence Scrolls say that Bonus Stats cannot be reset. In fact, now that Rebirth Flames are here, the word "Perfect" is very significant.

Any idea if Perf Inno reset potential status also? (Will probably Google myself right after this. xd)
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

Why?

I'm a semi-ocd hoarder, so if every gear will 100% have flame status, gear without flame status is semi-"unobtainable", aka RARE for a semi-ocd hoarder for me, meaning I'd end up saving a s*** ton of useless gear that didn't have flame status since they are "unobtainable" in that status anymore and hence "rare". xd

The semi-related question for potential is because I have a rare (tier) potential SW monocle and SW tattoo, and I know that when you buy them from the SW accessory guy, they default come with a epic tier potential, so I was wondering how they became like that (having a lower tier potential).
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    The semi-related question for potential is because I have a rare (tier) potential SW monocle and SW tattoo, and I know that when you buy them from the SW accessory guy, they default come with a epic tier potential, so I was wondering how they became like that (having a lower tier potential).

By Fusing (alchemy).
    Up until v195, fusing two Epic equips could give you a Rare one (or even one without potential, if you're exceptionally unlucky).
    Right now, though, Fusion is guaranteed to not reduce the potential rank below the lower of the two items being fused.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

By Fusing (alchemy).
    Up until v195, fusing two Epic equips could give you a Rare one (or even one without potential, if you're exceptionally unlucky).
    Right now, though, Fusion is guaranteed to not reduce the potential rank below the lower of the two items being fused.

That's what I thought but wasn't completely sure, soooo by technicality, rare tiered SW accessory are now unobtainable, right? =L
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2018
    Occasionally I get equipment that doesn't have flame but it pretty uncommon.
    YinYangX