[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How beginner friendly are Blasters? (+ misc ?s)

SeimoreSeimore
Reactions: 440
edited October 2016 in General Chat
Greetings, I'm getting the urge to take what little free time I have and settle down in MS for while. Before I dump my time into a class though, what is everyone's opinion on Blaster? I plan to pick up where I left off in Reboot and have been interested in bringing up a Xenon, Dawn Warrior, Hero, Angelic Buster, or Blaster.

Would any of these be a particularly awful choice, considering Reboot's nature?

Some general opinions/tips for those classes are more than welcomed 'v'/ thanks

Comments

• KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited October 2016
    Blaster is hard to do max lines with. Almost all Blaster's skill you can't spam, SO yea it's pretty hard to control.(only 1 skill you can spam and it's insanely strong that does a massive amount of dps and lines[ 9 lines a skill and it's a 4th job skill])
  • AaronHuskyAaronHusky
    Reactions: 2,485
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Personally I LOVE Blaster, but they're far from beginner friendly. I've played BaM (205) and TB (180), and they don't hold a candle to Blaster. If you do take the time to learn them, they're incredibly fun and worth the effort because of the sheer amount of damage they can deal.

None of your choices are bad, but Blaster and Dawn Warrior may have some difficulty if you have a high ping (DW's Equinox becomes unstable in lag and Blaster might have trouble cancelling skills in lag)

For Dawn Warrior: Use either Luna Stance or, if your ping allows, Equinox! Both will out damage Sol Stance (in my experience at least), but you'll need to max Sol and Luna to obtain both Equinox, and the 4th job passive that enhances your stances.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2016
    contrary to whats been said above, after getting it to 200 i can easily say it's new player friendly, the skills and how they work are pretty self explanatory, good damage with great mobbing, all around a fairly decent class.
  • SeimoreSeimore
    Reactions: 440
    edited October 2016
    I see 'o' Thanks! I'll definitely give Blaster a spin then. What's the worse that can happen >3>
  • iSouvenirsiSouvenirs
    Reactions: 1,155
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016

doesn't look beginner friendly to me