[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bonus stats/flame on zero weapon question

gintoki9175gintoki9175
Reactions: 630
in General Chat
Just tried to use add bonus stats on the zero weapon but I constantly got relatively low stats for it. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue. The weapon is currently a type 7.
PeteRetr0_ZNinjaBagZ

Comments

• PetePete
    Reactions: 560
    edited June 2018
    yes, it is the case for all Zero unfortunately.

I don't know if it is intended.

Does anyone know if the flames are applied twice to character? (once from lapis, one from lazuli)

• iSilenT007iSilenT007
    Reactions: 410
    edited June 2018
    i should've kept the preapplied stats that it gave. I shouldn't have tried using the eternal flame T_T.
  • PetePete
    Reactions: 560
    edited June 2018
    iSilenT007 wrote: »
    i should've kept the preapplied stats that it gave. I shouldn't have tried using the eternal flame T_T.

Did they ever give you boss damage? What are some of the lines that you got from eternal flames?
    Someone on reddit is claiming that the flames are applied twice for zero but I'm not convinced.
  • iSilenT007iSilenT007
    edited June 2018
    Pete wrote: »

Did they ever give you boss damage? What are some of the lines that you got from eternal flames?
    Someone on reddit is claiming that the flames are applied twice for zero but I'm not convinced.

56 ATT/MATT, 12% Boss dmg, and damage 6%.
  • tnyzngtnyzng
    Reactions: 800
    edited June 2018
    ye i kept my ao from keeping a 25% boss neb on it, good enough imo
  • RasklerRaskler
    Reactions: 420
    edited June 2018
    There are multiple categories: 1) Dropped boss items and 2) Boss items bought from shop. Zero falls under neither of these categories. They will have to be included, if nexon so wishes it. it would be useful to know how this rolls in KMS and SEA also, we could then conclude if this is a bug or intended.
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited June 2018
    The best i got was 23 att...with Eternal Flames. After well over 30 flames i got stuck with a 20 DEX FLAME AND 2 MAGIC ATT ON IT on absolab. Over 30b down the drain.
    I sincerely hope they will have some SERIOUS compensation for us.
    It's their fault i wasted every single flame.
  • QcSandOfTimeQcSandOfTime
    Reactions: 870
    edited June 2018
    i got 56 atk and 6% boss on mine
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited June 2018
    Several bug reports in our forum section have been compiled together regarding this problem with Lapis & Lazuli receiving lower than usual flame stats even with absolab / umbra gear set conversions.

These have all been forwarded along and we are still awaiting official word as to whether this is intentional or a bug.
  • coolflamoscoolflamos
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited June 2018
    the % boss and %dmg do get applied twice for zero's, the innate %boss on wep gets applied twice already, so why wouldn't it for the flames? don't quote me on that it does, but the fact that it applies twice from base anyways suggests it would on flames, as for the att and stats, pretty sure it doesn't, for the %all stat, maybe
    xxHorntailxx
  • philly321philly321
    Reactions: 200
    Just tried to use add bonus stats on the zero weapon but I constantly got relatively low stats for it. Was wondering if anyone else had this issue. The weapon is currently a type 7.

omg i tought i was going crazy
  • iSilenT007iSilenT007
    edited June 2018
    RIP my 40 eternal flames that i probably won't be getting back and rip the preapplied stats on my weapon!!! T_T
  • iSilenT007iSilenT007
    edited July 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Several bug reports in our forum section have been compiled together regarding this problem with Lapis & Lazuli receiving lower than usual flame stats even with absolab / umbra gear set conversions.

These have all been forwarded along and we are still awaiting official word as to whether this is intentional or a bug.

any news yet? i feel like they forgot about this matter.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018

The low bonus stats aka flame is intended and it works like that in kms as well; because the flame stats are being applied twice,
    and yes zero weapons don't receive 4 guaranteed bonus stat lines in kms as well, it's up to 4 lines, and 1~5 Tiers.

The only possible bug in gms is that some people claim that zero weapon flames, the attack flames stats aren't being applied twice but just once.

• gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited July 2018

The low bonus stats aka flame is intended and it works like that in kms as well; because the flame stats are being applied twice,
    and yes zero weapons don't receive 4 guaranteed bonus stat lines in kms as well, it's up to 4 lines, and 1~5 Tiers.

The only possible bug in gms is that some people claim that zero weapon flames, the attack flames stats aren't being applied twice but just once.

So currently the tier 4 att applied by the 25% boss neb is relatively better than most eternal flames bonus stats at this point? I would like to know because I don't want to waste my eternal flames on this zero weapon if all i'm going to get is crappy low level lines.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    gvnalmanza wrote: »

So currently the tier 4 att applied by the 25% boss neb is relatively better than most eternal flames bonus stats at this point? I would like to know because I don't want to waste my eternal flames on this zero weapon if all i'm going to get is crappy low level lines.

Well... you can get up to tier 5 with eternal flames (on non-boss equips), but it's only going to guarantee you get a min of tier 2 and Up to 4 lines. (so it's harder to roll since you can get 1 line at tier 2)

So i'd say your tier 4 is an equivalent to a tier 6 on a boss weapon, keep it unless you want to risk getting worse stats (though it's rng, so up to you), and your'e not even guaranteed to get 4 lines, no matter if it's the non-boss type 7, or the type 8/9 absolab/arcane.

Overall it's your call if you want to risk for a higher gain; but tier 5 on non-boss equips is = to tier 7 on boss equips aka; it's rare, so it's best to keep until you get enough flames or if your'e feeling lucky.