[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

In regards to the new flame/Bonus Stat Memo

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited July 2018 in General Chat
So, what Savage Ace is saying, instead of allowing non-kms items to be properly flamed ( due to disruption in equipment and power), theyre just going to expand the starforce limit? Would that mean those of us that use Sweet water weapons ( I use SW Knife) either have to pour mesos into starforcing or switch to Fafnir?
Mambic

Comments

• NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited July 2018
    I still wonder about Beast tamer and Zero weapons, that are not listed on memo. Are they "just working well"?
    I wasted many eternal flames on my Lapis/Lazuli and got low tier in comparison to other job's weapons.

Also
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited July 2018
    What we have is the same as kms, so it is perfect i am never rerolling my tier 5 hp off my gollux gear lol soooo glad i grabbed tgat 30% hp sup belt that has tier 5 hp when everyone viewed it as worthles, best 18b i ever spent soooo happy
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited July 2018
    Oh.. So my Zero's weapon having +5 luk and +5 dex after 30+ eternal flames is completely normal :thonk:............
  • xxHorntailxxxxHorntailxx
    Reactions: 1,860
    edited July 2018
    25 stars ughhh, thats so much work gathering the items
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2018
    We aren't getting 25 stars instead of proper flames, we were already going to get 25 stars, it sounds like they just moved up the delivery date. We don't even know at this time if non-KMS gear will get 25 stars, and since "balance and power" were noted as reasons for them not to get flames, I don't see much hope for and increase in their starforce cap.

So yeah, it is probably in your best interest to stop investing in non-KMS gear going forward. Stick to Absolab and Arcane if you can.

The gear meta just got hit with the ugly bad and I'm not looking forward to seeing how things turn out.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    edited July 2018
    Ah, yeah, in the first paragraph it says the items are functioning normally, as they should be. He's basically saying because these items are "over powered"; they will be on par with "superior" type items.

Essentially, no matter what flame you use, the bonus stats wont be as good as they could be to keep balance.
  • Troll4UTroll4U
    Reactions: 460
    edited July 2018
    No compensation for the flames used on SW/Gollux? We should at least be able to receive the compensation instead of simply telling us at that moment that it's "working as intended" when it wasn't.
    edited July 2018
    Their basis for not compensating would probably be that they are in fact working as intended.

As much as we don't like it, they gave the answer that non-kms items are too over powered to be able to flame with tier 4-7 bonus stats.
  • Michaelxv212Michaelxv212
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited July 2018
    sooo non kms gear gets screwed out of the meta because they can't make it so 4-7 bonus stats work on it....Because of bad coders or cuz we just copy paste everything from kms? YOU DECIDE! Awesome hit to our current meta of items! Literally genius! Spend more $ to replace the gear we worked on. Business model of tencent
    ManiOh
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2018
    I'd be fine with Gollux, SW, etc. no longer being best in slot if it didn't come across as the KMS not liking and not supporting this gear and moving player backward to previously discarded equips.

We will apparently need to wait for KMS to introduce new pendants, rings, belts, earrings and whatever else into the Black Boss set. True Hilla should add something but I don't like the fact that we have to beat the Hard Versions of these super endgame bosses to even have a chance at the gear. At that point, it is basically a one-of-a-kind equip and the chances that you will get another is low. Destroying the items, especially on Reboot where we don't have any sort of protection scrolls, is going to be devastating to players looking to reach end game. I feel like normal servers are also going to see more duped items and meso bots than before since these items are going to be super scarce otherwise. Hackers will have an easy time beating the bosses and can use their meso farms to star the gear.

And while I'm happy to have 25 stars, I'm not looking forward to the process. Actually doing starforce enhancements takes way to much time. There is nothing fun about spending 5 hours trying to starforce a single piece of gear. And, as I mentioned before, item destruction is going to be a big problem. Nothing is going to tick players off more than spending months hunting down a Magic Eyepatch or Arcane weapon for it to boom after spending hours trying to star it. It's bad enough the way things are now!

• choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    The entire memo is nothing but lies and they're using the excuse that some of the non-kms equipment is good to leave it all broken. They want to pretend they're giving us the 25 stars right away to help us but it's just a goddamn distraction. They do this every time, don't fall for it again.
    Their basis for not compensating would probably be that they are in fact working as intended.

As much as we don't like it, they gave the answer that non-kms items are too over powered to be able to flame with tier 4-7 bonus stats.

Many of them AREN'T. Others still are difficult to obtain event items. When KMS does the same thing, why do they get a free pass? Why do they get to make stronger items easily obsolete by weaker items? Where's the logic?
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited July 2018
    I'm genuinely disgusted by how little respect they have for their community.
    Their attempt to rationalize this makes absolutely no sense, this is essentially a death sentence to all non-kms items.
    And then lying to our faces saying we're getting 25 starforcing as compensation when we all know well it was coming regardless of this issue.
    gvnalmanza
  • gvnalmanzagvnalmanza
    Reactions: 1,075
    edited July 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »
    I'm genuinely disgusted by how little respect they have for their community.
    Their attempt to rationalize this makes absolutely no sense, this is essentially a death sentence to all non-kms items.
    And then lying to our faces saying we're getting 25 starforcing as compensation when we all know well it was coming regardless of this issue.

lol for reals
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2018
    Are we the only version of maple with broken flames on non KMS items? Because if so, then it seems like a lame excuse to 'swap' proper flame tiers with 25 stars, of which the latter was destined to arrive regardless of broken tiers.
  • zz2020zz2020
    Reactions: 920
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    nexon loves to dump on the whales who literally keep gms from shutting down with changes like this. Why make this kind of change when they know they will either (1) drive dedicated players with transposed sw, etc away from the game or (2) force them to regear and spend way more nx? It's disgusting and transparent.

p.s ranmaru gear is super overpowered, that's why they won't get boss set flames
    darik
  • DeathStarDeathStar
    Reactions: 1,330
    edited July 2018
    they are either claiming non KMS are OP because they actually have no clue how to fix the bug, or they are just plain stupid and disrespectful to paying players. Either way they are just incompetent as usual
  • ValhallenValhallen
    Reactions: 660
    edited July 2018
    For some reason, the Chaos Horntail necklace also doesn't count as a "boss item", in terms of flame bonus stats, even though the normal horntail necklace does count as a boss item. You're lucky to get more than +8 to two stats, or 28 defense as bonus stats on a chaos horntail necklace, at the moment. Glad to see the system has been "triple checked" though.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2018
    They should not have nerfed the flame bonus of items such as Terminus, Ranmaru and other non-KMS items. Ranarmu's items are already inferior to Root Abyss so following the Bonus Stat formula isn't insane especially when Absolab already exists. The same should had applied to Gollux items since the gap between KMS's highest level pendant and our 150 Superior Pendant isn't so huge.

The only possible broken thing Nexon really has to worry about is 25 stars tranposed Tyrants. Allowing these items to access 25 stars will make these items extremely broken.

46mj86seo6ox.png

Sweetwater Tyrants like the ones above will gain 100 stat and roughly 90 ATT at 22 stars assuming they follow the same path as how Absolab accumulate stats at 22 stars. Items past 15 stars start behaving like Tyrants with 5+ stars, and transposed Tyrant begin as high starred Tyrant equips before transferring its stats to Sweetwater. It would be scary for an item to have 2 growth spurts.

With the upcoming star increase, I find players who already invested in GMS's current optimal combo of tranposed Tyrants to be complaining over nothing. With the Nebulite conversion, players items with Nebulites on things that aren't flammable or add Nebulites that had no Bonus Stat counterpart or were given a poor equivalent stat may had suffered a loss of damage output. If you already hitting high numbers with the current setup, this update is not going to sap your range, but rather open more possibilities to each that power and expand your current damage. It is really disgusting to hear a whale is upset because he/she spent a lot of NX on Tyrants and transposing and this update allows the same possible results but with mesos, luck and time. A previously well-established player who sticks with transposed Tyrants while others try the new combo isn't missing out on too much. I cannot do much to comfort those who invested and gambled on Forest Guardians and Rage Rings and Tinkerers.

The only thing I am nervous about is GOLLUX. Savageace didn't mention whether they will restock the shop to allow us to replace destroyed Gollux gear. If they allowed the shop to restock, enhancing and destroying your item won't be the end of the world (especially in Reboot.) If you are planning on upgrading and going with the new BiS, keep your pre-BiS items so you will still be able to function while you search for a clean item so you move the item trace to. Like flames, you need time, dedication and luck and having a plan B in this case is crucial due to this system being more rewarding and risky compared to other systems.

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    So, what Savage Ace is saying, instead of allowing non-kms items to be properly flamed ( due to disruption in equipment and power), theyre just going to expand the starforce limit? Would that mean those of us that use Sweet water weapons ( I use SW Knife) either have to pour mesos into starforcing or switch to Fafnir?

Apparently, you need to do both.
    I mean, there's no point pouring mesos into star-forcing your sweetwater weapon, which will still be less good than an equally star-forced Fafnir (with good bonus stats).
    Assuming they even let us starforce the "overpowered like superiors" Sweetwater gear beyond 15 stars, in the first place.
    edited July 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

Apparently, you need to do both.
    I mean, there's no point pouring mesos into star-forcing your sweetwater weapon, which will still be less good than an equally star-forced Fafnir (with good bonus stats).
    Assuming they even let us starforce the "overpowered like superiors" Sweetwater gear beyond 15 stars, in the first place.

Oh, for real, I overlooked that. I guess for now, It's best I switch over to Damascus and work on the potential.