[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Why is my Range so low?

CycloneGamingCycloneGaming
Reactions: 500
edited July 2018 in General Chat
So im relatively noobish with maplestory ive been playing a Kaiser lvl 156 and my range unbuffed is 33,000 - 42,000 My gear is 9star Pensalir Battle Mail, 8star Royal Black Metal Shoulder, 11star Briser Zweilander, 10star pensalir battle cape, 9star mystic ear rings, 8star veteran crusader pendent, 9star muspell Warrior hat, 5star veteran crusader belt. and ideas on how i could increase my range or is my range normal?

Comments

• CycloneGamingCycloneGaming
    edited July 2018
    forgot to mention ive got a max lvl aquatic eye accessory
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    might want to complete the set for one of those sets. if they have good potentials you can transfer hammer them to the next corresponding set. briser is the 120 set which can transfer to muspell and muspell to pensalir

and now with bonus stats you can hunt for equips that have good bonus stats like % stat on them
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited July 2018
    I'd suggest working on some link skills if you haven't already, they definitely help in terms of upping your damage range!
    foussiremixInvulgogvnalmanzapandabunnies
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Should aim for end game gear and then focus on the potentials.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited July 2018
    Growing your Legion can help quite a bit. The coins can help you epic pot and bonus pot your equips.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    Growing your Legion can help quite a bit. The coins can help you epic pot and bonus pot your equips.

Personally don't think e/bpot scrolls are what you should get from Legion shop, but to each his/her own.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Agree on Legion and links helping out a lot, but also start working on getting your gollux accessories, as well as the monster cards for Leafre crusader codex set. Also are you in reboot or regular server cause upgrading varies a bit.
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    This is more of a joke, but you haven't spend enough money on the game yet.

the more money you put = the more powerful you'll get.. maybe

unless you're in reboot. You haven't put in your time then.
    darik
  • LognaLogna
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited July 2018
    Hey, what server do you play in? If you play in Bera, I can give you the CRA set. It'll help increase your damage. Also, you should do what the other people suggested, but it will take a long time getting those link skills and getting your legion rank up.
    DarkPassenger
    edited July 2018
    HoneyWater wrote: »

im on reboot sorry forgot to mention
    edited July 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »

what gear should i aim for and how would i get it?
    edited July 2018
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Agree on Legion and links helping out a lot, but also start working on getting your gollux accessories, as well as the monster cards for Leafre crusader codex set. Also are you in reboot or regular server cause upgrading varies a bit.

reboot
    edited July 2018
    so i just got full pensalir gear with the sword my range is now around 45,000-50,000 any other items i could get?
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018

Google-senpai knows all.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited July 2018
    Go do the Von Leon quest line and Ifia's quests. You can create a Noble Ifia's Ring that is lvl 120 and can have 12 stars. There are also quests in NLC where you can earn a different ring by doing all the quests in that area it is also lvl 120 and 12 stars. Then there is the Princess No's Pre quests. At the end of that quest line you are given a lvl 140 ring that can have 15 stars. If your willing to spend the time you can work your way up to better and better equips.
    edited July 2018
    yeh ive done some of the
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    Go do the Von Leon quest line and Ifia's quests. You can create a Noble Ifia's Ring that is lvl 120 and can have 12 stars. There are also quests in NLC where you can earn a different ring by doing all the quests in that area it is also lvl 120 and 12 stars. Then there is the Princess No's Pre quests. At the end of that quest line you are given a lvl 140 ring that can have 15 stars. If your willing to spend the time you can work your way up to better and better equips.

ive done some of the von leon quests i continue with them
  • HoneyWaterHoneyWater
    Reactions: 2,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    HoneyWater wrote: »

im on reboot sorry forgot to mention

you haven't wasted your time enough then. Keep meso farming, become like 75% of the reboot players and make a kanna and meso farm with it. Meso = Cubes.
    darik
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2018
    So im relatively noobish with maplestory ive been playing a Kaiser lvl 156 and my range unbuffed is 33,000 - 42,000 My gear is 9star Pensalir Battle Mail, 8star Royal Black Metal Shoulder, 11star Briser Zweilander, 10star pensalir battle cape, 9star mystic ear rings, 8star veteran crusader pendent, 9star muspell Warrior hat, 5star veteran crusader belt. and ideas on how i could increase my range or is my range normal?

Hello, im a lv 224 kaiser , maybe i can help you out, kaisers have naturally very low range compared to other classes(less final dmg buffs) but higuer speed and lines, so dont worry much about it, if you like kaiser keep playing it.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »

There are plenty of videos on youtube about the gear that you need to be strong, just search for them.
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited July 2018
    Get 9 boss accessories with epic pot of 6-9% str. Get rootabyss set with epic pot of 6-9% str. Faf wep need at least 6% att pot. Farm Hila's necro shoes and gloves until u get really good bonus stats, then transfer epic pot to it with 6-9% str. Spell trace all with 70% during fever time. Star force them to at least 10. This should give u enough range to kill mid tier bosses (up to ez cyg). If u dont how to get some of the items, look it up on Google on how to get them or search auction house.