[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How am I supposed to beat Kupo's Ride?

YoongiYoongi
Reactions: 1,735
edited July 2018 in General Chat
I'm about to rip my hair out here so I really need some help.

I've tried this stupid Kupo's Ride "game" over and over and over again and I want to scream. Not only is it so laggy that you can't hit most of the hornets, cut the flora, or jump rocks, but the timer goes down THEN BACK UP AGAIN

I got to 1 min 2 seconds with about 40%-ish health left and I was determined, then suddenly the timer jumped up to 2.14. kklhsfgjkdhgf
Naturally I ended up dying because it's so laggy and slow.

Can someone give advice or something?

Comments

• choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I guess you'll just have to wait til the servers stop being garbage, as they have been since the beginning of the current major update
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited July 2018
    chooz wrote: »
    I guess you'll just have to wait til the servers stop being garbage, as they have been since the beginning of the current major update

I'm not so sure it's a server-related lag though, as when I googled it, the reports of the 'game' lagging have gone back to like, 2013. It's not the same as server lag where it kind of freezes up, but the lag where you do an attack but the game doesn't register it until after and you end up taking the damage even though you technically hit the monster.
    For example, I hit three hornets in a row with flamethrower, but it didn't register the last one and it damaged me.
    For another example, It was hornet, flora, rock. I hit the hornet, went to attack the flora, but because it takes too long to register that I switched the attack, I didn't hit the flora despite hitting the correct key on time and took damage again.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Yeah, but I'm making the assumption that the minigame uses server timing and not client timing, like multiple things that aren't just normal gameplay tend to do. People can't play discovery sky easily either because of that. It's on and off lag that delays everything that requires server confirmation.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited July 2018
    The time increasing is just a visual bug, it will end on time.
    Try again when the server is less laggy.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I did it once when it was reallllly laggy, and you just have to take into account the lag for when you need to use the objects - I totally agree it's frustrating though, as you can die with 10 seconds left and have to redo the entire 2 minute thing again... =(
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited July 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    I did it once when it was reallllly laggy, and you just have to take into account the lag for when you need to use the objects - I totally agree it's frustrating though, as you can die with 10 seconds left and have to redo the entire 2 minute thing again... =(

I tried to take the lag into account, however, the three obstacles are often so close together you just can't switch between attacks fast enough. (like when it's hornet, flora, rock). They're too close together. It just seems impossible and I really want to do colossus but it's standing in my way
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited July 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »

I tried to take the lag into account, however, the three obstacles are often so close together you just can't switch between attacks fast enough. (like when it's hornet, flora, rock). They're too close together. It just seems impossible and I really want to do colossus but it's standing in my way

Umm are you sure its not on your side Yoongi? The type of internet can really change the amount of latincey you see in the game. I've only beaten that once and i didn't enjoy doing it mainly because of the latincey I've gotten(I've got a far Superior PC sense then but i'm still afraid of doing it ever again. I hope this helps out even if it just helps a small bit.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited July 2018
    Kerqxon wrote: »
    Yoongi wrote: »

Umm are you sure its not on your side Yoongi? The type of internet can really change the amount of latincey you see in the game. I've only beaten that once and i didn't enjoy doing it mainly because of the latincey I've gotten(I've got a far Superior PC sense then but i'm still afraid of doing it ever again. I hope this helps out even if it just helps a small bit.

Yep, it's not me. My computer is pretty new and my wifi has a strong connection.
    Like I mentioned above, this game has a lag issue that I've found from googling it dating back to like, 2013.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Lol I just recently did this and the time bugged, ending with a minute left. I was like thank god, tbh they should make the minute reduction a real thing and not just a bug, it's less unbearable then at least.
  • MagicFoxhairMagicFoxhair
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited July 2018
    I did this about 2 months ago and it was okay. The timer would go down to 0 and then go back up to 2 minutes but it didn't actually have me clear the last 2 minutes. The game cleared itself half way through the bugged time.