[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

About 25* release

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2018
    Mohanad wrote: »
    @Ivangold

is there anything else u should complain/care about other than the health/money for ur life?!

benefiting the F2P gamers is something good and has nothing to do with what we discussing here
    the point that our eyes looking at and pointing to is don't waste the efforts of the ppl who spent that much to get there gear to be that shiny,
    and if they change meta of the game as u say, still should not affect the customers who really pay too much to run the business
    i think u don't know how much it cost to fund a single item of the gear to be at proper stat?

To be honest is you who doesnt know how a bussiness works, as ive explained in the last comment, games evolve and so does end game items, just play any other ``free to play game´´ like MS, lets talk about for example Clash Royale, they are constantly changing and creating new cards so that the meta changes constantly so theres not an end game deck for a long time, so that players dont get bored and quit, new meta, new challenges, new interest in the game.
  • weak0iiweak0ii
    Reactions: 110
    darik wrote: »
    Roy666 wrote: »
    i prefer to get 20* cuz we will be stronger than KMS players with 25* gollux, lv 3 link skills and attack speed 0.

No, you prefer to get 20 Stars, so that people wouldn't need to switch Tyrants/Transposed Sweetwater over to AbsoLab/Arcane.

at least tell the truth.

PS. it's already been confirmed and showcased on the ARK: Monad preview video, that we are in fact getting 25 and not 20 stars.

Don't become like the guy who said neb boxes dropped too frequently so nexon nerfed it because of him.

he allready mentioned that in the head thread that its better to keep 20* as its not going ot make the player who spent allready tons of $ on the tyrants and other gears to lose there efforts, its kinda going to be a real non safe environment to spend more $ cuz after u spend ur $$ WHOLE savings and a good portion of ur wealth to make ur gears perfected 5~6 lines 15* tyrants and dig around for best gear and best combinations (atk/stat)... then... TADA!!! all ur spending just has been from history and u need to spend again to get the best gear again... (cubing/priming/SFing) can u imagine? can u feel the waste of the $ spent?! and if u dont spend as much again.. then u will be like left behind and u r not as good any more....

i dont know if that decision was wise enough not to lose the players who are actually spending the good portion of $ in MS, or its been made to only make the F2P can play moderately

any one else feels that pain?

Games evolve and so should the community, if nexon doesnt change end game stuff every now and then, the game will end up boring, and the ppl up there who spend a lot of dollars would quit once they reach end game, and they cant afford that, it happens with every single game that follows this same type of management, u need to release stuff so that the players that are end game have new stuff to do, or new improvements to make.

I agree with this. You can't have the same meta forever. +1 to you
    PhantomMasterThief
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited July 2018
    @Ivangold

is there anything else u should complain/care about other than the health/money for ur life?!

benefiting the F2P gamers is something good and has nothing to do with what we discussing here
    the point that our eyes looking at and pointing to is don't waste the efforts of the ppl who spent that much to get there gear to be that shiny,
    and if they change meta of the game as u say, still should not affect the customers who really pay too much to run the business
    i think u don't know how much it cost to fund a single item of the gear to be at proper stat?

To be honest is you who doesnt know how a bussiness works, as ive explained in the last comment, games evolve and so does end game items, just play any other ``free to play game´´ like MS, lets talk about for example Clash Royale, they are constantly changing and creating new cards so that the meta changes constantly so theres not an end game deck for a long time, so that players dont get bored and quit, new meta, new challenges, new interest in the game.

I was a lot more specific in my post, the problem was that GMS didn't change much the meta aside from acessorys which was much easyer to adapt, equips and weapons are usually more important and have better stats compared to acessorys, and anything you just sayed more simply what i sayed.

There's also how KMS usually make the patches more planed while GMS kind trowed things around, so for most players cra+tyrant was still the main goal(the same meta since i guess 2012/2013, basically 5 year, a long time.
  • MohanadMohanad
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited July 2018
    there is alot of other contents other than HITTING and KILLING the efforts made on the high end items... and still i grantee there are alot of high end users who are not satisfied about the change that going to make them work more to change there tyrants and other transposed SW items!!

specially when u are talking about gambling!! when u settle at a proper needed stat for the high end item u were working for, it feels real sad if ur work wasnt made on the item that u will not change, again cuz its a gambling on RNG it at lowest estimation would take more than 120$ (100 red cubes) for main stat at leg stat to get 3 lines, some times it would go for 1000$ depends on the RNG.. not mentioning the spending to tier up!!! and still scrolling again!! :O

and still new improvement to do is okie still and its needed by end users still, it depends on the contents not on the way u being pushed to spend money to get the high end items again (scrolled/cubed/SFed)

im only hoping that they allow that we can still make our tyrants as well to 20~25* so at least we reduce the cost wasted on tyrants and also the transposed SW items, thats going to be a real upgrade for high end users who really have spent too much...

i dont want to mention the ppl who was deciding to quite when absolab came out ,and properly did quite when the the umbra items came up, one of main reasons was that they went so sad about the money spent on fafnir and Cra items, all of sudden they found them self in need to change into umbra hat and an umbra weapon...

anyway, lets see whats and how the 25* implementation going to be...

Edit:...
    Please note that there will be no change to Superior equipment’s Star Force Cap
    THE END...
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    there is alot of other contents other than HITTING and KILLING the efforts made on the high end items... and still i grantee there are alot of high end users who are not satisfied about the change that going to make them work more to change there tyrants and other transposed SW items!!

specially when u are talking about gambling!! when u settle at a proper needed stat for the high end item u were working for, it feels real sad if ur work wasnt made on the item that u will not change, again cuz its a gambling on RNG it at lowest estimation would take more than 120$ (100 red cubes) for main stat at leg stat to get 3 lines, some times it would go for 1000$ depends on the RNG.. not mentioning the spending to tier up!!! and still scrolling again!! :O

and still new improvement to do is okie still and its needed by end users still, it depends on the contents not on the way u being pushed to spend money to get the high end items again (scrolled/cubed/SFed)

im only hoping that they allow that we can still make our tyrants as well to 20~25* so at least we reduce the cost wasted on tyrants and also the transposed SW items, thats going to be a real upgrade for high end users who really have spent too much...

i dont want to mention the ppl who was deciding to quite when absolab came out ,and properly did quite when the the umbra items came up, one of main reasons was that they went so sad about the money spent on fafnir and Cra items, all of sudden they found them self in need to change into umbra hat and an umbra weapon...

THE END...

I'll just give you a TL;DR:
    25 Star = to 15 Star Tyrants, it's meant to give non-superior equips, superior stats, to make non-tyrants viable.

tyrants (which are already superior equips) should not be allowed to gain additional superior stats on top of their existent superior stats.

So; Tyrants are 15 Stars (25 Regular Stars)
    While 22 Star Absolab/Arcane Umbra is 12 Star Tyrants with a Set Effect.

coolflamosdarikMohanad
  • darikdarik
    edited July 2018

THE END...

Well u cant please everyone, in the end the hardcore players will switch to new meta cuz they still wanna be strong.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited July 2018

THE END...

Well u cant please everyone, in the end the hardcore players will switch to new meta cuz they still wanna be strong.

Well guys you should really look at today's patch notes Sweetwater Shoes, Sweetwater Gloves, Sweetwater Cape, and Sweetwater Belt are getting hit. I feel sorry for the peps that have spent money on those gear.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2018
    Advice: Don't enhance your Gollux Earrings or Gollux Earrings until the shop restocks or you want to burn through rings. Also, Kanna's treasure should be repeatable since that is a good ring to use with the new star update.
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited July 2018
    So i'm guessing since the 25* is released, i'll have to hunt for absolab gear instead of sw gear....
    L> Lotus carry :(
  • darikdarik
    edited July 2018
    SuperJonic wrote: »
    So i'm guessing since the 25* is released, i'll have to hunt for absolab gear instead of sw gear....

Lol, well sw gear was much harder to get and transpose( gl getging to 10*+ tyrants) than absolab, so i welcome the change.
    If you need a carry idk if u deserver absolab, the set should be for people that are able to deal damage to the bosses, to contribute even if its a little bit but contribute to the run(binds, buffs, support, etc)
  • SuperJonicSuperJonic
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited July 2018

Lol, well sw gear was much harder to get and transpose( gl getging to 10*+ tyrants) than absolab, so i welcome the change.
    If you need a carry idk if u deserver absolab, the set should be for people that are able to deal damage to the bosses, to contribute even if its a little bit but contribute to the run(binds, buffs, support, etc)

That what i was thinking. Since i can't even pass the first stage of it, i'd just bought the whole other pieces. rip mesos.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited July 2018

I Welcome the change since I've spent next to nothing in the game thinking about doing the having meso conversion route i don't know how much its going to take though. Then again I have no problem using mesos as way to an end.
  • MohanadMohanad
    edited July 2018
    any one saw that?!
    strongest thief in whole maplestory quit!!!!! CONGRATULATION NEXON!!
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    any one saw that?!

Your'e one of the Very Few people that are complaining about this, overall this is a Really positive and a good change for the game's health and direction.
    darikMohanad
  • darikdarik
    edited July 2018
    any one saw that?!

Changes happen , all what people can do is either adapt or quit.
  • MohanadMohanad
    edited July 2018
    any one saw that?!

Your'e one of the Very Few people that are complaining about this, overall this is a Really positive and a good change for the game's health and direction.

u r right! the president in every country is only one person! WHO can control the country...
    also those Veryfew u r talking about... are the ppl who mostly gives carries...
    and control the wealth and prices of the (marvel/rare/ingame dropable/ etc etc...)
    and are the ones who have the Ego to Burn there money to get a proper shiny items
    and are the ones who paid 1000 tiems the regular ALOT paid to keep system running and make the soul of competition going ahead

im not complaining.. im just sharing my opinion unlike the other Very Few who just know it has no effect on the total decision of nexon as its already mentioned in the ToS that we don't owe anything on that virtual environment...

if u saw the items of Thief aka the strongest thief in maplestory u would imagine how hard that guy got hurt already to let his beloved game go...

and im 99% sure that this is also same as those other veryfew opinion and they just not willing to speak on here

ehhh... im still playing MS though, im not quitting still...
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    any one saw that?!

u r right! the president in every country is only one person! WHO can control the country...
    also those Veryfew u r talking about... are the ppl who mostly gives carries...
    and control the wealth and prices of the (marvel/rare/ingame dropable/ etc etc...)
    and are the ones who have the Ego to Burn there money to get a proper shiny items
    and are the ones who paid 1000 tiems the regular ALOT paid to keep system running and make the soul of competition going ahead

im not complaining.. im just sharing my opinion unlike the other Very Few who just know it has no effect on the total decision of nexon as its already mentioned in the ToS that we don't owe anything on that virtual environment...

if u saw the items of Thief aka the strongest thief in maplestory u would imagine how hard that guy got hurt already to let his beloved game go...

and im 99% sure that this is also same as those other veryfew opinion and they just not willing to speak on here

ehhh... im still playing MS though, im not quitting still...

The Salt from your response is excellent,

BUT

You U do you, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • MohanadMohanad
    edited July 2018
    im also hoping they add safer ways to SF or starr increas like thsoe no booms <3, that going to be another money making methods for nexon as well as a good way for ppl who like to go all way up safly without booming and restarting at 12*

and pardon i didnt understand that last sentence?

(
    BUT

You U do you, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    )

@PhantomMasterThief