[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[MAP/NPC] Event Hall Lag

HolzbellHolzbell
Reactions: 320
edited April 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Extreme lag.

Brief bug summary: Can't even enter anymore due to extreme lag.

Steps to reproduce: Enter event map on any channel.

Character name: Holzbell

Character level: 167

Character job: Kanna

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: Anytime
DarkGoulzKhoan

Comments

• chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    To many events going on at the same time thus the event hall is ridden with lag for me because of the npcs and portals. MapleStory has always had to many events going on at the same time for my liking .
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    I dunno, I'm finding myself having much better framerates pretty much everywhere but the event hall.
    BlazeDash
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    edited October 2016
    I never used to lag in the Event Hall, but now it's like moving through molasses for me -_-
    Its2Sharp4UNiightseeker
  • piercedfreakpiercedfreak
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited October 2016
    Once I enter the event map, my client gets all buggy, for instance, I press jump, hear the sound, but my character does not jump, if I move left, or right, it gets really choppy. This happens even after I restart my computer, and just enter the map, soon as the game starts.
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    lag only in cut scenes and event hall. stop complaining so much jesus. such a minor thing but dont degrade the entire optimization patch. can just say that event hall is laggy and only the laggy places instead of calling everything out.
    BlazeDash
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited October 2016
    PhoenixKumo

I never used to lag in the Event Hall, but now it's like moving through molasses for me -_-
    Yup, that seems like me right now. The Event Hall went garbage tier.
  • BigDaddyDavidBigDaddyDavid
    Reactions: 715
    edited October 2016
    Event hall has always been on and off with the hardcore lag for me
    BlazeDash
  • LaladeLalade
    Reactions: 200
    edited October 2016
    When I went to the event hall part of the game, it froze.
    Has anyone else been having this issue with the Event Hall in the game?
  • ange1DoIIange1DoII
    Reactions: 1,495
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    i've had a hell alot of lag while in there.
  • SparkzSparkz
    Reactions: 1,070
    edited October 2016
    Bumped for visibility. Event Hall is super laggy for whatever reason ever since the most recent update. Asides from that, Maplestory is running noticeably smoother than before.
    BlazeDash
  • Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 2,115
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016

In all srsness though, I can't even go to the event hall or I crash from all it's lag.
    BlazeDash
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    Keyan the Evan

In all srsness though, I can't even go to the event hall or I crash from all it's lag.
    Is event hall still laggy? And whats good at event hall rn? RLH?

• ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2016
    Event hall was fine for me when I went in yesterday. I'm using the steam launcher if that makes a difference.
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Man I thought I was the only one experiencing it.. I went to the event hall thinking that the ticket spinner would be there because the town I was in didn't have one, thought i'd make a pit-stop. This was a big mistake, no lag until I made the choice to go to Event Hall. I am sure now this is something Nexon notices and maybe another patch or server check will fix that. But yeah avoid Event Hall if you can for now.

I fixed it by mashing the up arrow after the re-log. Had to improvise getting out of a "Not-responding" map. >.<'
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited October 2016
    Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

When Nexon said "optimized" they apparently meant the OPPOSITE of that word, cause now if you go into the event hall the game just progressively lags until you're frozen and then it crashes... and then you're stuck in there.
    Hello

It's totally fine that you share your experiences, however don't present your own experiences as something that will affect everyone. We don't want players to be afraid to get stuck anywhere in the game. It's not a universal fact because it happened to you. Players are logging in from different regions, using different computers, operative systems and have different internet connections. Personally I don't lag at all in Event Hall, however the client crashes every time I relog (different topic).

If anyone else is having lag or other issues in the Event Hall don't hesitate to use this thread to discuss it.

gamechangerLilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Invulgo
    Invulgo said:

Deathmobs
    Deathmobs said:

When Nexon said "optimized" they apparently meant the OPPOSITE of that word, cause now if you go into the event hall the game just progressively lags until you're frozen and then it crashes... and then you're stuck in there.
    Hello

It's totally fine that you share your experiences, however don't present your own experiences as something that will affect everyone. We don't want players to be afraid to get stuck anywhere in the game. It's not a universal fact because it happened to you. Players are logging in from different regions, using different computers, operative systems and have different internet connections. Personally I don't lag at all in Event Hall, however the client crashes every time I relog (different topic).

If anyone else is having lag or other issues in the Event Hall don't hesitate to use this thread to discuss it.

On the one hand, yes, people shouldn't be afraid to do stuff in-game, and Deathmobs tends to use over-dramatic language.
    On the other hand, people should be warned that they might get stuck if they do [whatever]. We're here, among other things, to learn from each other's experiences.

Personally, I've observed that the lag in Event Hall is much worse than it was before the patch (if I had to guess, I'd say Cassandra/Gaga/MapleAdmin's scripts got many old events, that were cleaned out of them, back). My main "gaming" computer doesn't get stuck there, but my FPS drops a lot - from a steady 60 everywhere else down to 10-20 or even less. I don't dare go in on my "mule" computers, since they had a hard time there even before this patch.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited October 2016
    Akradian: On the one hand, yes, people shouldn't be afraid to do stuff in-game, and Deathmobs tends to use over-dramatic language.
    On the other hand, people should be warned that they might get stuck if they do [whatever]. We're here, among other things, to learn from each other's experiences.

Yeah that's fine, im sure he isn't the only one having this issue. The original title was "Whatever You Do STAY OUT OF THE EVENT HALL!".
    The topic is fine, it's more how it's presented.

Akradian: Personally, I've observed that the lag in Event Hall is much worse than it was before the patch (if I had to guess, I'd say Cassandra/Gaga/MapleAdmin's scripts got many old events, that were cleaned out of them, back). My main "gaming" computer doesn't get stuck there, but my FPS drops a lot - from a steady 60 everywhere else down to 10-20 or even less. I don't dare go in on my "mule" computers, since they had a hard time there even before this patch
    Hmm, I just checked it out. I lag somewhat on my self built desktop in the Event Hall compared to the Leafre Town Map, you can tell some difference. I will check it out on my laptop later.

Lilyflower
  • ArwenArwen
    Reactions: 2,030
    edited October 2016
    It freezes me everytime I went to Event Hall.... Fix this Nexon!
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Agreed.... I made a topic about this a little while ago.
  • BlazeDashBlazeDash
    Reactions: 765
    edited October 2016
    I normally avoid event hall since they move some npc there, do you remember Gaga and Cassandra gave you several lag before when they were on regular towns?, no, well they did it before.

Right now i didn't tryed go there, but i always check some laggy places looking for improves, right now i have a better experiencie with the game =D