[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Questions Regarding to Lab Server Legion Block

Comments

• PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    20 days of 4x exp with monsters that are in the middle of a perm steroid induced rage to reach level 250 w/o a single death? What could go wrong?

And don't forget if you are level 249 with 99.99% EXP and die, you go back to level 10 and being a beginner :D
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited July 2018
    I like how they jumped from 150 to 250 while rewarding us with a mere 5 or 7 attack.

Because we all know that nolifing to max level on a hard server for 20 days is worth the 7 attack increase.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I've asked Nexon for clarification on the lv. 250 requirement. No response yet.

That said, let's look at what the update notes are saying right now:
    Upon reaching the following levels, you'll receive a quest that will grant you a reward:
    • Reach Lv. 150: Legion Block, Celebration Chair, and Eternal Rebirth Flame (1 Day)
    Once the Lv. 150 quest is completed, two additional quests will become available after your character dies:
    • Complete '[Lab Server] Level 200 Survivalist!': Enhanced Legion Block and Eternal Rebirth Flame (1 Day)
    • Complete '[Lab Server] Defeat Lab Server Von Leon with the Strange PT Bottle': Lab Server Master Crown and Eternal Flame Rebirth (1 Day)

Legion Block Details:
    The level of the Legion Block is based off of the maximum level your character reaches in Lab Server.
    • At Lv. 150: Grants Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +20
    • At Lv. 250: Grants Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +25
    lv2de123.png

Enhanced Legion Block Details:
    The level of the Enhanced Legion Block is based off of the maximum level your character reaches in Lab Server.
    • At Lv. 150: Grants Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +28
    • At Lv. 250: Grants Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +35
    lev2de756.png

So:
    In order to obtain the first block, you need to reach level 150.
    In order to obtain the second block, you need to die after 150 and then reach level 200.
    The blocks' sizes depend on your maximum level. Since both blocks require reaching 150 to even obtain, they'll be 20 attack and 28 attack respectively, and 4 grid squares each, if you just stop playing LAB after reaching 200.

IF you want an extra 5 attack on the first block and 7 on the second, and one more grid square for each, then you must reach level 250.
    Personally, I find that effort much too excessive for the reward. But I suppose true min-maxers might go all-out trying for it.
    JulyIlluminye
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited July 2018
    I really do hope it is a typo and the requirement is level 200. That is at least doable. 250 and Nexon should probably be paying us to play since it seems like they want Maple to be a fulltime job.
    Nybble
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited July 2018
    Well it does not open up until the 8th anyway so we have time for them to iron out the kinks *fingers crossed*.
  • EggtartKingEggtartKing
    Reactions: 400
    edited July 2018
    @AKradian, Thanks for the update! Hopefully we can hear back from Nexon soon
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    *sigh*
  • coolflamoscoolflamos
    Reactions: 1,015
    edited July 2018
    @AKradian even at 4x (with cs 2x and use 2x) as a phantom paying for frenzy and fs service, it took me 10 hrs for lvl 234-235, considering so, from 230-240 would take atleast 100 hrs and at 240 it leaps to 2x the exp which would mean 240-250 would take 200 hrs, that would mean from that alone, it'd take 15 hrs a day for all 20 of those days to reach 250, it's basically worse than a full time job basically from the numbers crunched as it'll make you lose sleep, that's also assuming that 2x event is worth as much as frenzy, which imo, is definitely not cause last 2x event i couldnt get ahold of frenzy or kishin and i was making about 6% an hr even though i had it workin in conjunction with the way i got 4x, which would basically mean it's damn near impossible without playing 24/7 for those 20 days, excessive is an understatement to how much effort you'd have to put in, you'd have to spend nx for 20 days of 2x as well basically to even have the chance of getting to 250

not to mention that you're going to also have to work on gearing up so that's alot of time down the drain as well
  • ShadowFlareShadowFlare
    Reactions: 755
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I wouldn't say working on gear is too much of a time sink, the passive buffs however will be.
    Yeah you want to scroll your gear decently but the passive buffs affects your damage a lot, got a feeling without them you wouldn't be seeing people easily hitting the damage cap on lab. (That nice 100b damage cap.)
    It's probably not going to be as much as a time sink as you think gearing up.

Also, depending on how the buff monsters work, it might be easier to level up on lab; don't get me wrong I'm not defending the required level of 250, if they want to keep it at that then they should at-least raise the time lab is open until to early/mid september, 20 days if definitely too short.

Got the feeling though if it stays how it is most, if not every legit player will only be getting the one for reaching 200. Having said that I think nexon/staff should be keeping an eye on anyone who does hit 250 if it's not easier to level. It might not be impossible, but it certainly shouldn't be possible for most people, not in 20 days anyway.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited July 2018
    I wouldn't say working on gear is too much of a time sink, the passive buffs however will be.
    Yeah you want to scroll your gear decently but the passive buffs affects your damage a lot, got a feeling without them you wouldn't be seeing people easily hitting the damage cap on lab. (That nice 100b damage cap.)
    It's probably not going to be as much as a time sink as you think gearing up.

Also, depending on how the buff monsters work, it might be easier to level up on lab; don't get me wrong I'm not defending the required level of 250, if they want to keep it at that then they should at-least raise the time lab is open until to early/mid september, 20 days if definitely too short.

Got the feeling though if it stays how it is most, if not every legit player will only be getting the one for reaching 200. Having said that I think nexon/staff should be keeping an eye on anyone who does hit 250 if it's not easier to level. It might not be impossible, but it certainly shouldn't be possible for most people, not in 20 days anyway.

i AGREE with you I also think its too much to ask for getting to 250 within 20 days for a lame +7att I think i'll just go to level 200 and i call the lab server quits getting to 250 is far too difficult on such a low time limit we need at least 30 days not 20 we just wouldn't have the time...
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited July 2018
    I want it soo bad 250 for the max block but i work full time and have 2 daughters, i would have to play maple soo hard it could jeopardize my marriage and job since i am all out of vacation and sick days. This makes me sad i will forever be under the people that have the time to do it... Soo upsetting!
    Illuminye
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited July 2018
    How about 16x base exp tgat would be awsome!
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited July 2018
    Looks like only the no job/life people will be able to obtain the 250 level gift...
    Illuminye
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    im just doing 150 paladin, gonna need that high def
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    Looks like only the no job/life people will be able to obtain the 250 level gift...

From what people are saying, it sounds like nobody will actually be able to get that legit.
    Illuminye
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited July 2018
    To get 7 extra attacks, I don't think it worths the shot, especially if the grid bonus effect is not affected by potential. Just look at these regular grids giving your main stat. These are not affected by potential, but stat area is.
  • JulyJuly
    Reactions: 2,720
    edited July 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    I've asked Nexon for clarification on the lv. 250 requirement. No response yet.

That said, let's look at what the update notes are saying right now:
    Upon reaching the following levels, you'll receive a quest that will grant you a reward:
    • Reach Lv. 150: Legion Block, Celebration Chair, and Eternal Rebirth Flame (1 Day)
    Once the Lv. 150 quest is completed, two additional quests will become available after your character dies:
    • Complete '[Lab Server] Level 200 Survivalist!': Enhanced Legion Block and Eternal Rebirth Flame (1 Day)
    • Complete '[Lab Server] Defeat Lab Server Von Leon with the Strange PT Bottle': Lab Server Master Crown and Eternal Flame Rebirth (1 Day)

Legion Block Details:
    The level of the Legion Block is based off of the maximum level your character reaches in Lab Server.
    • At Lv. 150: Grants Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +20
    • At Lv. 250: Grants Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +25
    lv2de123.png

Enhanced Legion Block Details:
    The level of the Enhanced Legion Block is based off of the maximum level your character reaches in Lab Server.
    • At Lv. 150: Grants Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +28
    • At Lv. 250: Grants Weapon ATT/Magic ATT +35
    lev2de756.png

So:
    In order to obtain the first block, you need to reach level 150.
    In order to obtain the second block, you need to die after 150 and then reach level 200.
    The blocks' sizes depend on your maximum level. Since both blocks require reaching 150 to even obtain, they'll be 20 attack and 28 attack respectively, and 4 grid squares each, if you just stop playing LAB after reaching 200.

IF you want an extra 5 attack on the first block and 7 on the second, and one more grid square for each, then you must reach level 250.
    Personally, I find that effort much too excessive for the reward. But I suppose true min-maxers might go all-out trying for it.

do you know if those blocks are perm or time limit?
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited July 2018
    If they are not perm then there is no way I would even bother with an event like that.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Won't the Temple of Time quests needed to unlock 5th job kill you if you consume the potion? This needs to be clarified
    DarkPassengerIlluminye
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    @Akradian Any word on the 250 requirement yet? Only a few more days until Lab.