[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Questions Regarding to Lab Server Legion Block

Comments

• DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited July 2018
    Sorrow wrote: »
    Won't the Temple of Time quests needed to unlock 5th job kill you if you consume the potion? This needs to be clarified

It still kills you. The upside to this is you have to be level 140+ to do that quest and you have to die at 150+ to unlock the level 200 quest for the enhanced legion block. You can basically kill 2 for 1 if you do the quest at 150.
  • DodochDodoch
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited July 2018
    Won't the Temple of Time quests needed to unlock 5th job kill you if you consume the potion? This needs to be clarified

Since you need to kill yourself anyway after you get to lvl 150 the first time to unlock the other set of quests, just wait until then to do it, kill two birds with one pot.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I mean I guess it depends if you're actually going to try and get the 250 block. Otherwise, there's not much point in completing the ToT quests since they're not technically necessary ?
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    edited July 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    I mean I guess it depends if you're actually going to try and get the 250 block. Otherwise, there's not much point in completing the ToT quests since they're not technically necessary ?

If you don't want the enhanced Legion block you could do that. Mind you, you have to get to level 200 to unlock the "Enhanced Legion Block" after you die for the first time.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    The problem isn't so much that you die (as observed above, you need to die after 150 to get the second block, anyway) but that you get sent to Henesys as a level 10 beginner.
    By the time you get back to ToT to talk to the Sorcerer, he'll say you haven't drunk his potion, because he expects to see you there with minimal HP (as you would be if you just resurrected in his room).
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Dodoch wrote: »

Since you need to kill yourself anyway after you get to lvl 150 the first time to unlock the other set of quests, just wait until then to do it, kill two birds with one pot.

Thank you for clarifying this. I hope the community brings this to everyone's attention otherwise some players might get wrecked by this haha.
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    DarkZetta wrote: »
    Mira wrote: »

If you don't want the enhanced Legion block you could do that. Mind you, you have to get to level 200 to unlock the "Enhanced Legion Block" after you die for the first time.

I mean when you hit 150, just die so you can get the quests. It's not like the ToT quests are necessary/super important if you're not planning on completing 5th job. If all you need to do is just get to level 200 to get the enhanced block, then die once you hit 150, and move on with your life. And AKradian brings up a good point about the potion - the quest does require you to have basically no HP after drinking the potion - if you heal yourself after dying/reviving in that room, the Sorcerer won't let you advance. Seems like a sticky situation. =/
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited July 2018
    if you need to die once to get the legion block, why not wait until you do the temple of time quest to die, so you kill 2 birds with one stone. Im sure itll count for the legion block when you take the potion
  • MiraMira
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    if you need to die once to get the legion block, why not wait until you do the temple of time quest to die, so you kill 2 birds with one stone. Im sure itll count for the legion block when you take the potion

That's my whole point. If you're only getting to level 200 (unless there are people crazy enough to actually do 250, which good luck without proper Arcane Force and whatnot...), and 5th job is NOT a requirement to get the enhanced legion block, why bother doing the ToT quests...? It's not like ToT is the optimal place to train or anything. If you ARE going to complete 5th job, then by all means do the ToT quests and get the potion to get your 2 for 1 deal, but it just seems unnecessary to me.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I'm going for 250. It's not impossible given that the base EXP rate in LAB is much higher than Reboot and Reboot was able to achieve 250 in about 7-10 days according to the reddit threads, etc. You can probably use Heaven's Door to tank the one hit kill from the potion and then find a way to bring your HP down so that it's within the 5% or 10% HP threshold for the quest.

You have to remember that:
    - Monsters have 2x HP and 5x stats.
    - We will also be running a 2x EXP & Drop event on lab server for the entire duration! Power through your level-ups!

The base will be 4x or more. You can use 2x EXP coupons from CS as well, etc...
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    edited July 2018
    I'm going for 250. It's not impossible given that the base EXP rate in LAB is much higher than Reboot and Reboot was able to achieve 250 in about 7-10 days according to the reddit threads, etc. You can probably use Heaven's Door to tank the one hit kill from the potion and then find a way to bring your HP down so that it's within the 5% or 10% HP threshold for the quest.

- We will also be running a 2x EXP & Drop event on lab server for the entire duration! Power through your level-ups!

You're forgetting people only hit 250 in those short amount of days, because of Kishin, which Lab won't have access to.
    You say the base EXP rate is "much higher than Reboot", yet mobs give ~2.4x - 2.5x more base EXP than regular servers.
    The potion bypasses everything, people already tested it in TMS Lab. It's a literally .kill command.
    It's not impossible, but you're vastly over exaggerating how fast it'll be getting to 250.

Now, if we have the 3x base that TMS lab had IN ADDITION to the 2x event then yes, it'll be a lot faster and a lot easier to hit 250, but we don't know if we'll even have that until the day of.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018

You're forgetting people only hit 250 in those short amount of days, because of Kishin, which Lab won't have access to.
    You say the base EXP rate is "much higher than Reboot", yet mobs give ~2.4x - 2.5x more base EXP than regular servers.
    The potion bypasses everything, people already tested it in TMS Lab. It's a literally .kill command.
    It's not impossible, but you're vastly over exaggerating how fast it'll be getting to 250.

Now, if we have the 3x base that TMS lab had IN ADDITION to the 2x event then yes, it'll be a lot faster and a lot easier to hit 250, but we don't know if we'll even have that until the day of.

I'm not forgetting anything. I'm ranked 5 and frankly I don't care if you think I can't do it. I'll prove you wrong
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    edited July 2018
    I'm not forgetting anything. I'm ranked 5 and frankly I don't care if you think I can't do it. I'll prove you wrong

Prove me wrong on what? Prove me wrong on something I already stated wasn't impossible in the first place?
    I do expect people to hit 250 on Lab, a lot in fact due to hackers / botters being a thing.
    I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to get at here other than you flexing your own ego. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • SorrowSorrow
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018

Prove me wrong on what? Prove me wrong on something I already stated wasn't impossible in the first place?
    I do expect people to hit 250 on Lab, a lot in fact due to hackers / botters being a thing.
    I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to get at here other than you flexing your own ego. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I was just getting the impression that you're discrediting what I'm capable of doing. With a base rate of 6x with 2x EXP coupons, HS, etc. I believe 250 is possible and I'm going to try and achieve it.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    remember to divide your exp by about 3 for not having frenzy/kishin
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    i'm not about to let anyone forget about this, especially since there hasn't been an official response yet and the date is getting closer.
  • PeepPeep
    Reactions: 3,950
    edited August 2018
    Why is there still no word on the lvl250 legion block? Also from what I understand TMS didn't have this lvl250 requirement for this legion block so why do we have this crazy requirement?
  • YuasiYuasi
    Reactions: 200
    i can already tell this lab server is gonna be a waste of time lmfao.
  • YuasiYuasi
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2018
    Peep wrote: »
    Why is there still no word on the lvl250 legion block? Also from what I understand TMS didn't have this lvl250 requirement for this legion block so why do we have this crazy requirement?

so that you have to spend nx to get to 250 ofc.
  • CharniaCharnia
    Reactions: 605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    So when it says, "The level of the Legion Block is based off the maximum level your character reaches in Lab Server.", does it mean the highest you ever reached or the end level of your character?

I reached lv 200 and finished the lv 200 quest, but I decided to mess around with bosses and died back to 10. Would I not get any legion blocks if I don't get back up to lv 150 if I left the character at 10?