[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How??? Just HOW?????

PigabaPigaba
Reactions: 1,105
edited July 2018 in Rants and Raves
In KMS, about 5 months ago, 1+1 starforce event had a bug where glove's attack increase upon starforcing doesn't drop, when the starforce fails. They ended up creating monster gloves with +70 attack or above on the gloves with this bug. They shut the starforce, transfer hammer, and etc were disabled for some time to fix this issue.

5 months later, GMS had exact same 1+1 starforce event, and guess what.......

THEY ALSO HAD EXACTLY THE SAME BUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How???? Just HOW????????
You guys have 5......FIVE MONTHS to prep for this kind of thing. You guys really just ctrl c+ ctrl v the bugged event code from KMS into GMS?!!!
I'm just loss for words how this could possibly have happened. This was a huge bug in KMS, and GMS, which is about 6 months behind the all KMS events, ends up having the SAME PROBLEM!!!!! Wow.....just wow. I can be [redacted] harvard lawyer and I still wouldn't be able to shield this XD
DemianstdarikNyvor

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    I agree that this sort of thing would not happen with any decent development methodology.
    But it's not new to us that Nexon Korea, including the Overseas Content team, doesn't really have one. Our own version's bug fixes - or even simple text translations - come undone every now and then.
  • SkandellSkandell
    Reactions: 100
    So I put in heaps of time to get a character 200, that last push for 5th job. Now I am sitting with my d*** in my hand because I can not get my gear to the starforce needed. any chance you have a time frame on fixing this? or is it just, suck it and we will get there at some point.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Skandell wrote: »
    So I put in heaps of time to get a character 200, that last push for 5th job. Now I am sitting with my d*** in my hand because I can not get my gear to the starforce needed. any chance you have a time frame on fixing this? or is it just, suck it and we will get there at some point.

I mean if you're that desperate, you could always buy a 10 star weapon (lol, maybe as a small "celebration" for hitting 200, or w/e the sf requirements are).
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    What is there to investigate if it's the exact same issue as KMS then? Let's fix this and move on
    DarkPassenger
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Sorrow wrote: »
    What is there to investigate if it's the exact same issue as KMS then? Let's fix this and move on

That would require a competent development team, and well... we all know the answer to that.

Especially for people like Skandell, who are getting screwed over because of the new 5th job requirements, this is unacceptable that this bug has happened. Especially so since it was already the exact same issue as in kMS. I'd say the ones truly with their **** in their hands is Nexon. =/
    Skandell
  • BunnySakiBunnySaki
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited July 2018
    This is what you get when you copy and paste and don't hire people who know how to do their job.