[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

• BBQTimeBBQTime
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited July 2018
    cappykid wrote: »
    lets sign a petition lol

im so sick of ghost town servers, maplestory is literally a single player/co op game now

I couldn't agree with you more.
    You're absolutely right, we must do something about it and we must do it now not tomorrow, not next week and nor next 10 years.
  • anubis421anubis421
    Reactions: 710
    edited July 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »
    yeah, im not participating in this thread anymore, same arguments on both sides. you want a response? re read the thread.

"seems like you want players to give charity" yeah it seems like that to you, to fit your narrative. good job. After explaining the means of funding, you chose to see it that way.

Im confused as to what your'e saying. If your'e asking me to pay for a merge the way I would for a transfer, I would be willing or if you are asking if the portion of the money that people spend should go towards alliances/merges, I also agree with that.

Yes, merging worlds is a good idea, Bera is so desolate :(
    Bioooms wrote: »
    yeah, im not participating in this thread anymore, same arguments on both sides. you want a response? re read the thread.

"seems like you want players to give charity" yeah it seems like that to you, to fit your narrative. good job. After explaining the means of funding, you chose to see it that way.

How is me donating money to a cause not charity? should we set up a gofundme page for Nexon to merge servers and not ask for donations? There are a variety of ways to attain funding, one of them is through charitable donations. "how much are you willing to put in for the merge" -You. How does this not seem like charity to anybody else? please anybody chime in on this one. This is not me stretching the situation to fit my narrative this is exactly what you said man. I hope it doesn't come to the players having to directly "fund" Nexon for this to happen.

Kerqxon wrote: »
    There are way too many characters to even think about doing the merge you speak of and plus a game like isn't easy change as it takes alot programming skill to even contemplate this on average every should have around 20 to 30 character slots per world(for instance nobody is willing to support this since the servers already i have trouble with keeping people right now you know and don't forget this game has a lot of messed up code currently) Just stating my points the game doesn't need a MERGE right now it needs some serous bug fixes how do you think a merged server could handle such a thing look at bera for instance its bugging out kicking people off aka disconnecting them stuff like needs to be fixed before we do a merged its highly important to take care of this oh and i didn't put reboot into account. Also considering how many latency problems this game has i don't think i need to keep typing this or i'll be here all day I at least know this stuff works.

Then why we can't do alliance worlds?

• NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited July 2018
    PirateIzzy wrote: »
    it's not nexon's fault everyone flocked to Bera, it was a handful of players that went around forums and reddit telling everyone to go to Bera.

But it was glaringly obvious that everyone would go to Bera, especially once they announced that Windia would be blocked from entry, even without the people from Reddit/the forums telling everyone. Nexon lacks the foresight to see this kind of situation happening, but if Nexon actually remedied this situation by listening to our suggestions then I would be fine with that.

True.
    And it just proves that most of the people on GMS like and prefer a populated world.
    it's not nexon's fault everyone flocked to Bera, it was a handful of players that went around forums and reddit telling everyone to go to Bera.

It just shows you how almost everyone wants a populated world, unlike the exiguous.
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    Enokumo wrote: »
    Then on the other hand: How is it dramatic in the view as player we got so many (dead) servers? Does it significantely ruins your gaming experience? Except you ARE looking for players then you will ask around and see where you should go for that aspect.

Being in an isolated world makes it extremely difficult to buy items as there won't be enough players stocking up the Auction House. Systems such as Boss Queues would not function with no one queuing for a boss. If you just want an empty map to train at, having more channels or having maps similarly structured will make sure everyone has a good training map. In my opinion, having a crowded world will eventually since it will eventually fill up and become a regular server or the things I mentioned above will happen.

It always takes me 100 hours until I get a que with someone (Scania) so I quit bossing.
  • Kaiser4EverKaiser4Ever
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited August 2018
    Alantino wrote: »
    Bridesmaid wrote: »
    I am all for merging or anything of the like, but I guess it's far too complicated for Nexon which is understandable because of functions like Guilds having shared names for one. No one wants to be Guild(2). From the looks of Guild Ranking in Scania, first place is held by hackers and it is very clear they cheated to get there, why don't they delete that guild? WeBanSCA or something... They could do a competition for guilds to keep their name. At the end of the day someone is going to be unhappy with the merge, but a majority of us will be delighted.
    The whole deal with character slots is really the person's own fault and shouldn't need to be compensated, but if they were not then Customer Service would be flooded. If anything there could be an announcement allowing players to prepare for a character wipe for merge. Like the main characters in the first few pages will be moved if you have enough space, the rest will fall into deletion. Or you could select which characters to move while carrying over the character slot which is paid for or received. Whatever the case, character slots barely seems like a major issue rather than a monetary issue for Nexon.
    Anyways, I have never understood why people move world to world and create the same characters. It seems like such a waste. I have played in Scania my entire career, not to say I haven't explored new worlds, but those characters were never meaningful to me since starting fresh is hard when you're already funded.

If you think about it, nothing is complicated when you see the amazing results.
    And whatever will happen, guild names, etc, it's so worth it, everything is worth it.
    Look at Bera, it's so dead and full of botters.
    I'd bet on 1,000$ that more than 50% are botters.
    Just in Henesys you can find 15-17 botters spamming their mesos sale sites. and yet no one does anything about them.

Bera made be full of botters but it is certainly not dead. And what are we to do about the botters? Lemme just grab my dc hammer and ban hammer and get right to work boss.

I think nexon should make some people as GM and let them do the job (ban hackers/botters) because nexon had enough time,10+ years to ban them and yet, no results at all.
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited August 2018
    lets sign a petition lol

im so sick of ghost town servers, maplestory is literally a single player/co op game now

You should come to Scania and see what's a real ghost town, or more like a cemetery.
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 990
    edited August 2018
    Acgnolia wrote: »

Im confused as to what your'e saying. If your'e asking me to pay for a merge the way I would for a transfer, I would be willing or if you are asking if the portion of the money that people spend should go towards alliances/merges, I also agree with that.

Any news?
  • SwordStakerSwordStaker
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited August 2018
    NicholasB wrote: »
    lets sign a petition lol

You should come to Scania and see what's a real ghost town, or more like a cemetery.
    What part of Scania are you in? It's very populated in Arcane River
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited August 2018
    NicholasB wrote: »
    lets sign a petition lol

What part of Scania are you in? It's very populated in Arcane River

I'm also playing in Scania, and it's really dead in here, also even if it's populated in Arcane River, it's just 1 map... I mean, you can't really compare it and call Scania "active" just because a map or two has a lot of people in it... also all of them are afk 24/7, and maybe we should re name Scania to Arcane River.

A populated world suppose to have a LOT of people and when I say a lot, I mean it! not just a bunch of 20 afkers in 1 map...
    Scania is probably 1 of the most dead worlds in GMS.
    If my main didn't have a high range, I'd probably start a new char in Bera.
    Bioooms
  • PokePoke
    Reactions: 100
    Are they ever gonna address this issue? Didn't they say they would?
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited August 2018
    Yea people I see no point in discussing about fixes or changes it been well over a year and the staff done a horrible job. I even went out my way to create a petition thread to get some numbers to show nexon which was approved by arwoo. But akardian took down the thread and put his 2 cents into it. What this shows is they are not to serious about fixing issues in ms1. They can solve all issues in a month but choose not to. We know who the hackers are and we know how to trace them shoot I think they even have programs and people on the team who can pull it off. But like I said this thread means nothing because nothing is getting done. We are talking about nothing and getting nothing done. We have to face the facts nexon and crew don't care and leave it at that. I made myself at home in bera not the best server but better then nothing. I got the friends I need near me and we enjoying ourselves. So people lets leave it be as it's pointless to try to get people who don't have vision or care to fight for us. Cause they don't see the picture like we do, so let's rip the old player base and play the game til it dies out. Thank you nexon and crew you got what you wanted.
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited August 2018
    Poke wrote: »

Haha, Of course, they'd say that they already know about this problem, so no one will bother to talk about it again and I think they said those kind of things like a couple years ago XD

They will never ever make a merge, even though 95% of maplers wants it.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    Football5 wrote: »

Haha, Of course, they'd say that they already know about this problem, so no one will bother to talk about it again and I think they said those kind of things like a couple years ago XD

Arwoo addressed this specific thread when it was created. Until Arwoo gets more information, all you can do is really talk. If Arwoo doesnt have information to pass on to "95% of maplers" that want "this", then you "95%ers" will have to be patient.

And can made up percentages please stop being used. How did you come up with 95%, just say "the majority of this thread want it"

Example: Let's say there's a good round number of players; (made up number) 50,000.

You say 95% of maplers = 50,000 x .95 = 47,500 maplers want "it". How exactly can you know 47,500 people want it?

it'd be more factual to say, " 95% of people in this thread".

• DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018

Arwoo addressed this specific thread when it was created. Until Arwoo gets more information, all you can do is really talk. If Arwoo doesnt have information to pass on to "95% of maplers" that want "this", then you "95%ers" will have to be patient.

And can made up percentages please stop being used. How did you come up with 95%, just say "the majority of this thread want it"

Example: Let's say there's a good round number of players; (made up number) 50,000.

You say 95% of maplers = 50,000 x .95 = 47,500 maplers want "it". How exactly can you know 47,500 people want it?

You must be fun at parties.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2018

My rough guess is that Nexon may come up with a solution sometime between September (when school is in session) and December (when the holidays and New Years roll by and players are on break.) According to the Community News or Arwoo's expedition to Nexon Korea, our Black Mage update should be in Winter, and hopefully that will be when worlds will be reorganized whether it may be leap, merge or alliance (my fingers are crossed for mass alliance.)

In the meantime, Nexon is still processing our other requests and they might be tweaking their yearly events to be more appealing to players (if Halloween update comes with the same rewards and nothing that can be used on endgame equips, it would not be a fun update.) The best we can do as players is to hope Nexon doesn't screw up their next move and doom us all.
  • rizariza
    edited August 2018
    Like I said no one cares we r screwed
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2018
    riza wrote: »

goodbye voice of maple.
  • rizariza
    edited August 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    riza wrote: »

goodbye voice of maple.

Lol I'm always here but if I can't save maple no one can. That's how amazing I am.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Maple do world transfer. If you don't like the server you are at, just move server when it is available. Noone force you to stay?
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018
    Roni777 wrote: »
    Maple do world transfer. If you don't like the server you are at, just move server when it is available. Noone force you to stay?
    The last world transfer event is what caused this problem to begin with. Another one will only make it worse since even more people would transfer to Bera and the rest of the worlds would turn into even more of a wasteland.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »
    Roni777 wrote: »
    The last world transfer event is what caused this problem to begin with. Another one will only make it worse since even more people would transfer to Bera and the rest of the worlds would turn into even more of a wasteland.

that would be if they leave Bera open to transfer.
This discussion has been closed.