[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.232 Blooming Forest Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

We all want a merge

Comments

  • BiooomsBioooms
    Reactions: 430
    Posts: 19
    Member
    edited August 2018
    Bioooms wrote: »
    yet you call me back out, and I appreciate the call out, but the last time I wrote something here was about 4 days ago. So, I appreciate the call out and opportunity to respond to you. But I decline to comment. Thank you, have a good day.

    Thank you Biooms for the feedback and for the opportunity to respond, but it would be best advised to not make this personal about me and my discipline or lack of, but rather feel free to contribute to the topic. If you feel that something hasn't been said regarding this request, feel free to bring it up.

    there's a difference between declining to add on to the subject matter and addressing a call out, or a trap that's been set to further spiral things out of topic. If I begin to address every thing you've tried to point out with added "constructive" criticism, I'd be falling into a trap. So, again, I thank you for the opportunity to respond.

    sry you said
    DarkPassenger wrote: »
    yeah, im not participating in this thread anymore, same arguments on both sides. you want a response? re read the thread.

    You were declining to add to the thread, not to the subject matter. at least that's what you said. So since you are participating again do you mind repeating your suggestion on this issue? Reminding you that this is a suggestion forum, so waiting for the think tank seems to negate the purpose of this forum. Either way though i'm sure you'll just generalize the opinions and suggestions of people you disagree with, like you did a few pages ago
    Most of you that want a merge are the same ones that do take long breaks or even quit "without the thought of coming back", why the hell would your voice have more value, what if there's a merge and you guys end up quitting. There would have been a merge to appease you, then you quit, which mathematically, may happen since it you just said you quit for a year. And others say they missed the transfer because they weren't playing.

    Seems you made it pretty personal here passenger. Please just state your suggestion lets keep this goin'.
    SuperJonic
  • YumeiirYumeiir
    Reactions: 300
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited August 2018
    I don't want the world alliances merged down into one world. Rather than that, make them show up as a collapsed option, where clicking it then expands to show the worlds within the server. This helps clean up the world selection menu.

    World alliances aren't a terrible option for condensing down populations. It does as intended- make a larger population out of existing worlds. By then condensing them down under a collapsable option it makes it obvious what worlds are in an alliance, while also providing a cleaner selection screen.
  • BiooomsBioooms
    Reactions: 430
    Posts: 19
    Member
    edited August 2018
    Yumeiir wrote: »
    I don't want the world alliances merged down into one world. Rather than that, make them show up as a collapsed option, where clicking it then expands to show the worlds within the server. This helps clean up the world selection menu.

    World alliances aren't a terrible option for condensing down populations. It does as intended- make a larger population out of existing worlds. By then condensing them down under a collapsable option it makes it obvious what worlds are in an alliance, while also providing a cleaner selection screen.

    Yea a bigger alliance is definitely easier than making one merged server. I think some people are just not distinguishing the two concepts (merge and alliance) because ultimately what they want is simply a less-dead game and they aren't interested in engaging in this debate. It is kinda a back burner topic to the more pressing issue of just fixing the population problem. Nexon can choose either route and deal with the drawbacks of both, objectively it seems it'd be easier to adjust for an alliance as one server likely couldn't hold the amount of characters some players have across all the servers.

    But yes, the design aspect of the server screen could look better.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    Posts: 69
    Member
    edited August 2018
    Yumeiir wrote: »
    I don't want the world alliances merged down into one world. Rather than that, make them show up as a collapsed option, where clicking it then expands to show the worlds within the server. This helps clean up the world selection menu.

    World alliances aren't a terrible option for condensing down populations. It does as intended- make a larger population out of existing worlds. By then condensing them down under a collapsable option it makes it obvious what worlds are in an alliance, while also providing a cleaner selection screen.

    Have you noticed that very very few people are the only ones that are against alliance world (make all the worlds to one big ally world, except reboot)? and of course, the last and only one that fighting for this idea is DarkPassenger... so hey, I got an idea, maybe we shouldn't make an ally world only because doesn't want to :)
    Give me a break -.-
    Bioooms wrote: »
    Yumeiir wrote: »
    I don't want the world alliances merged down into one world. Rather than that, make them show up as a collapsed option, where clicking it then expands to show the worlds within the server. This helps clean up the world selection menu.

    World alliances aren't a terrible option for condensing down populations. It does as intended- make a larger population out of existing worlds. By then condensing them down under a collapsable option it makes it obvious what worlds are in an alliance, while also providing a cleaner selection screen.

    Yea a bigger alliance is definitely easier than making one merged server. I think some people are just not distinguishing the two concepts (merge and alliance) because ultimately what they want is simply a less-dead game and they aren't interested in engaging in this debate. It is kinda a back burner topic to the more pressing issue of just fixing the population problem. Nexon can choose either route and deal with the drawbacks of both, objectively it seems it'd be easier to adjust for an alliance as one server likely couldn't hold the amount of characters some players have across all the servers.

    But yes, the design aspect of the server screen could look better.

    Have not you noticed that the only one who truly fighting against ally/merge idea is DarkPassegner? let's face it, almost every single mapler want a super world with as MANY people as possible, nobody like to be alone, including me, and you, and almost every single mapler!!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited August 2018
    Woah woah woah, friend, do not put words in my mouth, I'm against a one world merge, I would support an alliance. But the alliance idea had been dismissed by a few of your own supporters and they go to the extreme of one server or nothing. Be tactful with what you claim I support or am against otherwise I'd challenge you to show where in the thread I have been against an alliance. You couldn't because my statements have only been against a merge.

    and don't lump alliance and merge together, because theyre different. I may oppose a merge, but that doesn't mean I oppose an alliance when I oppose an idea of a merge. It's insensible to conclude with that. A capital mistake in discourse. In the first few pages even, others brought alliance as another means to appease the outcry, yet they were ignored and the chant remained "let the merge begin!" So again, make sure youre correct before making these rather dumb claims.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    Posts: 500
    Member
    edited August 2018
    I am bumping this just cause it is the biggest forum post I have ever seen over 600 posts holy cow!
  • AcgnoliaAcgnolia
    Reactions: 1,280
    Posts: 153
    Member
    edited August 2018
    I am bumping this just cause it is the biggest forum post I have ever seen over 600 posts holy cow!

    The first post was May 19, been three month
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    Posts: 120
    Member
    edited August 2018
    Give us the merge!!!
  • WZrkWZrk
    Reactions: 990
    Posts: 41
    Member
    edited August 2018
    Yumeiir wrote: »
    I don't want the world alliances merged down into one world. Rather than that, make them show up as a collapsed option, where clicking it then expands to show the worlds within the server. This helps clean up the world selection menu.

    World alliances aren't a terrible option for condensing down populations. It does as intended- make a larger population out of existing worlds. By then condensing them down under a collapsable option it makes it obvious what worlds are in an alliance, while also providing a cleaner selection screen.

    Have you noticed that very very few people are the only ones that are against alliance world (make all the worlds to one big ally world, except reboot)? and of course, the last and only one that fighting for this idea is DarkPassenger... so hey, I got an idea, maybe we shouldn't make an ally world only because doesn't want to :)
    Give me a break -.-
    Bioooms wrote: »
    Yumeiir wrote: »
    I don't want the world alliances merged down into one world. Rather than that, make them show up as a collapsed option, where clicking it then expands to show the worlds within the server. This helps clean up the world selection menu.

    World alliances aren't a terrible option for condensing down populations. It does as intended- make a larger population out of existing worlds. By then condensing them down under a collapsable option it makes it obvious what worlds are in an alliance, while also providing a cleaner selection screen.

    Yea a bigger alliance is definitely easier than making one merged server. I think some people are just not distinguishing the two concepts (merge and alliance) because ultimately what they want is simply a less-dead game and they aren't interested in engaging in this debate. It is kinda a back burner topic to the more pressing issue of just fixing the population problem. Nexon can choose either route and deal with the drawbacks of both, objectively it seems it'd be easier to adjust for an alliance as one server likely couldn't hold the amount of characters some players have across all the servers.

    But yes, the design aspect of the server screen could look better.

    Have not you noticed that the only one who truly fighting against ally/merge idea is DarkPassegner? let's face it, almost every single mapler want a super world with as MANY people as possible, nobody like to be alone, including me, and you, and almost every single mapler!!

    If you actually cared to look in the thread, Passenger isn't the only one that is opposed to merging all worlds. I honestly think the majority of these people got frustrated arguing against it and left the thread to let it die out. The entire thread is just a circle with slight directional changes here and there: merge all worlds -> where's your evidence/reasoning -> accusations/merge all worlds -> where's your evidence/maybe a proposal -> ignorance of said proposal/omission of evidence; merge all worlds.

    I've said it several times before in this thread, but I'll say it again, even though I'd be insane to think I'll get a different response. You (not specifically you; I'm talking about everyone who's arguing for a complete merge) cannot assume everyone wants to merge everything, because you cannot accurately tell who wants what. You can go to discord channels and other mediums and find people that agree with the merge, but your numbers will never reach the majority of daily/weekly/monthly players or players on a hiatus. You must also take into account bots and server lag; sure, you can create more channels, but Nexon has shown that they're incompetent in the handling of Bera's server lag, and they have never shown that they were able to effectively combat bots without affecting regular users. So more than likely, the servers will be laggy to the point of crashing and bots (which are a major part of this server latency) will run rampant. Yet people still continue to think that this is the only option.

    I'd like to know why you guys are so against doing things like creating larger alliances and why you guys are so hellbent on getting Nexon to merge everything, but I expect the same responses that caused me to leave the thread in the first place.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited August 2018
    The majority here in the thread are for the merge, some even to the extent of dismissing an alliance.

    Some are for the merge but recognize alliances as an alternative.

    Some are not for the merge but recognize alliances as an alternative.
  • WZrkWZrk
    Reactions: 990
    Posts: 41
    Member
    edited August 2018
    The majority here in the thread are for the merge, some even to the extent of dismissing an alliance.

    Some are for the merge but recognize alliances as an alternative.

    Some are not for the merge but recognize alliances as an alternative.

    I'm fine with people having their own opinions, but this
    Alantino wrote: »
    No, the only solution is to merge everything into one world

    point of view is why there has been very little discussion. I'd like to think up some suggestions, but if I'm met with this whenever I try, then it's moot.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,765
    Posts: 6,224
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Just to make it clear: in terms of server lag and botting issues, an alliance is identical to a merge.
    In both cases, everybody is playing on the same physical machines. The only difference is that with a merge, everyone logs in through the same button, whereas in an alliance, there are several entryways.

    Some of us don't want all worlds united, either in a merge or an alliance. We want at least one world to remain separate, quiet and peaceful.

    I've stopped arguing in this thread not because I changed my mind, but because it's just repetitive and circular.
    I can't speak for the others who expressed sentiments similar to mine early in the thread, but I suspect most of them stopped posting in here for the same reason.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited August 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Just to make it clear: in terms of server lag and botting issues, an alliance is identical to a merge.
    In both cases, everybody is playing on the same physical machines. The only difference is that with a merge, everyone logs in through the same button, whereas in an alliance, there are several entryways.

    Some of us don't want all worlds united, either in a merge or an alliance. We want at least one world to remain separate, quiet and peaceful.

    I've stopped arguing in this thread not because I changed my mind, but because it's just repetitive and circular.
    I can't speak for the others who expressed sentiments similar to mine early in the thread, but I suspect most of them stopped posting in here for the same reason.

    I agree.
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited August 2018
    Nexon should learn from Bless online. 2 months after the launch they merged their servers already Kappa
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited August 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    Nexon should learn from Bless online. 2 months after the launch they merged their servers already Kappa

    you mean this one https://store.steampowered.com/app/681660/Bless_Online/, with mostly negative reviews? and isn't free to even download? Yeah, I'm sure Nexon America can learn a lot from this game.
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited August 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    Nexon should learn from Bless online. 2 months after the launch they merged their servers already Kappa

    you mean this one https://store.steampowered.com/app/681660/Bless_Online/, with mostly negative reviews? and isn't free to even download? Yeah, I'm sure Nexon America can learn a lot from this game.

    0 sense of humor confirmed.
    SuperJonic
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited August 2018
    Dtx wrote: »
    Dtx wrote: »
    Nexon should learn from Bless online. 2 months after the launch they merged their servers already Kappa

    you mean this one https://store.steampowered.com/app/681660/Bless_Online/, with mostly negative reviews? and isn't free to even download? Yeah, I'm sure Nexon America can learn a lot from this game.

    0 sense of humor confirmed.

    thought you were being serious but then I saw the "kappa" my mistake
    Dtx
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    Posts: 69
    Member
    edited August 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Just to make it clear: in terms of server lag and botting issues, an alliance is identical to a merge.
    In both cases, everybody is playing on the same physical machines. The only difference is that with a merge, everyone logs in through the same button, whereas in an alliance, there are several entryways.

    Some of us don't want all worlds united, either in a merge or an alliance. We want at least one world to remain separate, quiet and peaceful.

    I've stopped arguing in this thread not because I changed my mind, but because it's just repetitive and circular.
    I can't speak for the others who expressed sentiments similar to mine early in the thread, but I suspect most of them stopped posting in here for the same reason.

    What? "one quiet and peaceful world"? do you hear yourself? this is against what GMS stand for... this is an MMOP (or whatever it called) game, multi player game... you can't just make a "quiet, peaceful world" or in other words, a dead server... I'll never understand people like you who want a dead server, I mean I understand that this is what you like and I don't blame you nor disagree with you about it but I do disagree with the fact that this game MUST be an MMORPG.

    Although I don't mind to have Reboot, Bera (for population server) and Scania (for the ones like you who want an empty world).
  • TrystarrTrystarr
    Reactions: 1,340
    Posts: 64
    Member
    edited August 2018
    WZrk wrote: »
    The majority here in the thread are for the merge, some even to the extent of dismissing an alliance.

    Some are for the merge but recognize alliances as an alternative.

    Some are not for the merge but recognize alliances as an alternative.

    I'm fine with people having their own opinions, but this
    Alantino wrote: »
    No, the only solution is to merge everything into one world

    point of view is why there has been very little discussion. I'd like to think up some suggestions, but if I'm met with this whenever I try, then it's moot.

    Its been stated a few times already but let me reiterate. A lot of the people in this thread have been using the terms alliance and merge interchangeably, probably because they didn't initially come here to argue over specifics, AND don't see a meaningful difference in the two. The difference between a merge and an alliance (like the amount of characters available etc) would only impact a small margin of players. An increased population would impact significantly more people, so I am not surprised we are getting people posting who 1)Want a bigger population and 2) don't really care whether its a merge or an alliance. And I don't expect some of them to read through all these pages to figure out there has been a discussion to distinguish the two concepts, because ultimately this is just a thread for people to state their opinions, and move on.

    Lets face it, whether its a merge or an alliance is a backburner issue to the pressing issue of the dead population.

    I'm also almost guaranteed it would be an alliance over a merge. They've done plenty of alliances already and never any merges to gms. the don't have to do deal with the headache of characters in certain worlds, etc. Lets all just hope they fix this issue sooner rather than later.

  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 6,920
    Posts: 995
    Member
    edited August 2018
    Its been stated a few times already but let me reiterate. A lot of the people in this thread have been using the terms alliance and merge interchangeably, probably because they didn't initially come here to argue over specifics, AND don't see a meaningful difference in the two. The difference between a merge and an alliance (like the amount of characters available etc) would only impact a small margin of players. An increased population would impact significantly more people, so I am not surprised we are getting people posting who 1)Want a bigger population and 2) don't really care whether its a merge or an alliance. And I don't expect some of them to read through all these pages to figure out there has been a discussion to distinguish the two concepts, because ultimately this is just a thread for people to state their opinions, and move on.

    Lets face it, whether its a merge or an alliance is a backburner issue to the pressing issue of the dead population.

    I'm also almost guaranteed it would be an alliance over a merge. They've done plenty of alliances already and never any merges to gms. the don't have to do deal with the headache of characters in certain worlds, etc. Lets all just hope they fix this issue sooner rather than later.

    Being in an alliance not only brings populations closer, but also allows characters to participate in the same physical server without sharing the 46 character slots. Worlds in the same alliance not only have separate character rosters, but separate Reward Point shops that each have their own 5 cube/ 2 scroll limits. Even Blessing of the Fairy and Empress's Blessing is shared across the whole alliance as well as Monster Collection. The only things not shared are link skills, storage, cash storage and Legion.

    I am curious what Nexon will resort to next. Another world leap would not guarantee an equal balance of players since they could continue fleeing to Bera or another nut will shout on Reddit to come to MYBCKN or GRAZED. How many alliances we will end up and how they were grouped with is up to Nexon. They can add the small non-allianced worlds to existing main alliances (like adding Scania to GRAZED or Winda to MYBCKN) and have 2 medium alliances, 1 full Bera, and a sad Kroa and of course, Reboot. There are also other world combinations I can think of, but I bet everyone gets the idea.

    Some all the non-Reboot worlds in NA to be allianced into a single massive alliance with additional channels to handle the population. I've been a supporter for this crazy idea since it technically allows players to interact with anyone as long they are not in EU or Reboot. Servers with higher populations have Auction Houses that have items in stock (I cannot find anything in GRAZED.)

    I never liked the idea of having a huge server and a separate quiet server because low populations can stunt a player's progress in a bad way. Once again, buying an item you need will be many times harder than in a healthy server. Preparing a boss squad will be difficult due to the lack of participants. Other player dependent activities such as Kritias, event minigames would not have enough players. Also, a quiet server will eventually turn into a regular or even a congested server if enough people prefer peace and quiet and eventually fill up the remote area. Why not just move to the big server and find a quiet channel? You can still avoid weirdos and buy the goods you need, do Kritias Invasion and can change your mind if you decide to socialize with the people you considered weirdos earlier.



    DuskRaven
This discussion has been closed.