[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Clock overrun (was: Memory/DLL corruption)

Comments

• MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    I posted this in another thread, but I realized that it's much more relevant in this one.

Here's a vid of the Blaze Wizard glitch. Also experienced the mob glitch and the chat glitch.

• ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited November 2017
    I just had this happen to me for the first time. Well not me but my sister using the computer next to mine. According to task manager her computer had been on for a little over 31 days. She had a variety of symptoms including not having the yellow quest progress popup, couldn't harvest ore nodes, couldn't see monster names or health, and interestingly letting go of the jump key while gliding on a demon avenger wouldn't break the glide. Also I'm not sure if it was a symptom of maple or something else but her game kept minimizing every few minutes. A regular restart didn't fix it, and even cutting power to the box for 5 seconds wasn't enough. Using the full shutdown shortcut was the solution in the end. Windows really doesn't want to turn off huh?
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited January 2018
    I know this post is old, but here's a video i recorderd a while back.

Does this glich happen today?
  • Chino14Chino14
    Reactions: 500
    I have the same problem!
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2018
    Nexon seems to have started working on this issue.
    Unfortunately, it also seems that they are fixing each symptom by itself, instead of applying a general fix.

The following symptoms are confirmed fixed as of July 7th, 2018 (probably fixed in v196; there has been no mention in update or maintenance notes).
    • Harvesting/Mining does not work.
    • Monsters don't display their name and HP bar, even when set to do so.
    • Top-of-the-screen quest progress notices are not displayed (Quest Helper window works fine)
    • In Arcane River maps, the notice about the amount of Arcane Force required remains constantly on-screen.
    • Magnus (any difficulty) flies into an anti-hack rage, raining deadly meteors far denser than usual, OR No meteors appear at all.
    • Continuous damage is sustained even inside Magnus' barrier.
    • Blaze Wizard's Orbital Flames skill does no damage to enemies.
    • Kaiser's Wingbeat skill does no damage to enemies.
    • Jett's Core Aura link skill does not increase the stats of the character it's linked to.
    • The first few lines of chat after starting the game or being silent for a while, are not sent.

The following symptoms are confirmed not fixed as of July 7th, 2018:
    • Kaiser/AB's Vertical Grapple (and all-class V skill Rope Lift) only works once per map.
    • Kanna's Bellflower Barrier and Blossom Barrier appear on the map but don't affect the character.
    • Ice/Lightning Mage Frozen Orb skill does no damage to enemies.
    • Monsters in Monster Life bob in one place.

The following symptoms have not been retested as of July 7th, 2018:
    • Cutscenes get stuck.
    • Bowmaster's Arrow Platter arrows do no damage to enemies.
    • Demon Slayer/Avenger glide, and gliding mounts, keep going even after the key is released.
    • Blaster's Ammo always shows full, can't be used, and can't be reloaded.

• CozeyCozey
    Reactions: 200
    Anyone have the issue where you cant stay online for longer than 10 minutes then it crashes or dc. Usually what happens before the crash is a very bad glitch. The background of maps disappear, cant open NPC chat, opening any windows like inventory, world map doesnt appear as a whole. On top of that, it crashes on character/world selection.
  • PlutiaPlutia
    Reactions: 730
    edited August 2018
    Cozey wrote: »
    Anyone have the issue where you cant stay online for longer than 10 minutes then it crashes or dc. Usually what happens before the crash is a very bad glitch. The background of maps disappear, cant open NPC chat, opening any windows like inventory, world map doesnt appear as a whole. On top of that, it crashes on character/world selection.

not 10 mins but after 2-3 hours this happens to me.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Cozey wrote: »

That is a separate issue, described here: http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/14007/graphic-elements-missing-after-playing-for-a-while
  • shavitshavit
    Reactions: 1,460
    edited December 2018
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    shavit wrote: »

Thank you.
    I've forwarded it.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    Currently at 27 days of uptime, did not have issues yesterday (25-26 days uptime) but am experiencing them as of today. (26-27 days uptime)

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/24285/game-crash-locking-up-in-root-abyss
    List of initial errors before I realized my uptime here. These bugs were only tested with external chat in windowed mode.

Issues below were tested with both external and internal chat window modes. Fullscreen was not tested.
    See bold for my findings.
    AKradian wrote: »
    Nexon seems to have started working on this issue.
    Unfortunately, it also seems that they are fixing each symptom by itself, instead of applying a general fix.

The following symptoms are confirmed not fixed as of July 7th, 2018:
    • Kaiser/AB's Vertical Grapple (and all-class V skill Rope Lift) only works once per map. Appears fixed for all three versions of the skill.
    • Kanna's Bellflower Barrier and Blossom Barrier appear on the map but don't affect the character. Confirmed still broken.
    • Ice/Lightning Mage Frozen Orb skill does no damage to enemies. Confirmed still broken.
    • Monsters in Monster Life bob in one place. N/A, I play reboot.

The following symptoms have not been retested as of July 7th, 2018:
    • Cutscenes get stuck. Cutscenes appear to work. Was able to complete White Mage Story Book up to Aurora Temple before moving on.
    • Bowmaster's Arrow Platter arrows do no damage to enemies. This appears to be fixed. I could hit enemies tested against. With both the skill version and the set version.
    • Demon Slayer/Avenger glide, and gliding mounts, keep going even after the key is released. This appears to be fixed, I could not trigger it.
    • Blaster's Ammo always shows full, can't be used, and can't be reloaded. Blaster Ammo appears normally, can be used, can be reloaded.

• KannasOpKannasOp
    Reactions: 100
    My typhoon growth potion expired on 22:06 when it was suppose to expire 22:24 Aug 2 - reboot account "forthekish"
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited August 2019
    Might be a good idea to make a new thread with the correct name (and merge this thread into that) or rename the title for this thread since the true cause is revealed and is not related to memory (bugs that appear when computer uptime is > 24 days).

Recent reddit post on Blazing Extinction doing nothing https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/cn9vzc/are_blaze_wizards_currently_bugged/
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2022
    Tested with 29 days uptime, Blazing Extinction, Bellflower Barrier and Blossom Barrier all appear to be working.

Frozen Orb still doesn't work and Howling Gale (Wind Archer) works (The attack itself), but cannot gain charges. (So you can only use it once or twice.)
  • Lostman610Lostman610
    Reactions: 400
    edited January 8
    Good