[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How are these guys on lab not banned...

LyrissaLyrissa
Reactions: 620
edited August 2018 in General Chat
There's been dudes going around to streamers to purposefully try and kill them on lab server by vaccing mobs to their positions and they've been reported so many times, and the same people are still here days later??? I can get being slow, but not reacting to this for days in a row is just nuts. Please add so much more monitoring if you're going to do a hardcore server because this just ruins the game for everyone.
darik

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    In an ideal situation that would be the case, but we've seen the speed and efficiency at which Nexon operates. My guess is 6 months after the Lab Server is done they'll send 10 untradeable power elixirs to them as compensation. =/
    mrskannax
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Zerobydivide made a video about this.
    He is pretty frustated and angry that hackers target him in Lab
    He also apologized to everyone because they get affected by the hackers too.*COUGH*YETIS

Seriously something needs to be done. It only takes one GM
    darikChroniusNightmare
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    Yesterday when I got my 3rd job after getting to 150 and dying for the quest, got a night lord to 3rd job and as I exited the map with the crystal, a group of yetis where at the entrance, where they shouldn't be.

I think for lab server, there should be an active GM at all times.

As for streamers, maybe don't stream for Lab Server, just record and upload.
    foussiremix
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited August 2018
    I guess we can add this to the growing list of Nexon game control inefficiencies
    darik
  • JointJoint
    Reactions: 1,205
    edited August 2018
    [Removed]
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Joint wrote: »
    [Removed]

Don't accuse others of hacking on this forum.
  • DeedazeDeedaze
    Reactions: 200
    Yesterday when I got my 3rd job after getting to 150 and dying for the quest, got a night lord to 3rd job and as I exited the map with the crystal, a group of yetis where at the entrance, where they shouldn't be.

Wow that just happened to me too. I feel so discouraged right now, having to start all over again. :( Dont think I will continue on Lab server.
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited August 2018

No idea what you're talking about.
    I think you're wrong, Nexon is doing a great job and there is already a GM for Lab Server.
    I've been playing Lab since the first day and I haven't seen a single hacker so far.
  • foussiremixfoussiremix
    Reactions: 2,335
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Football5 wrote: »

I think you're wrong, Nexon is doing a great job and there is already a GM for Lab Server.
    I've been playing Lab since the first day and I haven't seen a single hacker so far.

Lol there are hackers

Try to do 3rd job and leave the map.
    You will get insta killed by yetis.
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited August 2018

Lol there are hackers

Sorry, it was just a joke, since DarkPassenger is always being as Nexon's shield and protecting them no matter what, so it was just seems really strange that, for once, he's actually putting the truth on the table and say the right things, which are against Nexon.
  • pandabunniespandabunnies
    Reactions: 1,955
    edited August 2018
    I feel sad (but not surprised) that people would do such a thing as to ruin other people's progress for no benefit to themselves.
    edited August 2018

Lol there are hackers

Sorry, it was just a joke, since DarkPassenger is always being as Nexon's shield and protecting them no matter what, so it was just seems really strange that, for once, he's actually putting the truth on the table and say the right things, which are against Nexon.

I appreciate the call out, and the opportunity to respond in the same manner, but I decline to comment on your remarks, so I ask that you focus on the topic at hand and not on me. If I respond like you do, I would just be the same as you. So again, thank you for the call out and the opportunity to respond. Have a good day.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited August 2018
    Well, I'm not gonna play on Lab anymore
    edited August 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    Well, I'm not gonna play on Lab anymore

Just make shadower, 50% dmg reduction and 110% def from shield mastery.
  • IlluminyeIlluminye
    Reactions: 830
    edited August 2018
    Does using a thief's Dark Sight work?
    edited August 2018
    Illuminye wrote: »
    Does using a thief's Dark Sight work?

yep, you dont take damage and you can use potion while in dark sight, bacon saver right there

• ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited August 2018
    Hey guys, thanks for bringing this to our attention. As someone who reached level 150 now going for the 200 goal, it's sickening to know that there are hackers out there with the sole purpose of ruining the experience and wasting another Mapler's efforts.

We'll be forwarding these concerns to see if we can take actions to prevent this.
    darikInvulgo
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited August 2018
    I know a better way around the Yeti problem. After completing your fight with the clone, you go back to the map that's before the map that has the Yeti-massacre waiting. Simply open up your guide for the Job Advance. It will insta-tele you to the Chief's building without having needing to step anywhere near that nasty trap.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited August 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    [Removed]

why shouldn't we i mean to solve a issue you must address it don't ya think? this is why nexon had yet to get rid of them maybe you know or don't know but to find out it has to been said. I don't see no wrong of saying someone is a hacker if you can present the proof. I think that being pc is what is ruining this game. We should have in game mandatory reporters so we can find out who's doing it. plus You can check from the programmer side how long it took them and you can easily see who's hacking and who isn't. I don't say this to get anyone mad just speaking from the real and the real is with you deleting the comments and not finding out what hes talking about your missing out on a good opportunity to solve the issue. what if the person he claim was hacking was indeed a hacker and he controlled all the bots? you could of gotten the name found out from the crew if he really was and ban him and his account easy like they used to do back in the day. But my comment might be deleted as well but I speak my peace and say that we should change that way of thinking to help solve issues as issues are never solve if there none to be presented or shown.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    riza wrote: »
    Neospector wrote: »
    [Removed]

why shouldn't we i mean to solve a issue you must address it don't ya think? this is why nexon had yet to get rid of them maybe you know or don't know but to find out it has to been said. I don't see no wrong of saying someone is a hacker if you can present the proof. I think that being pc is what is ruining this game. We should have in game mandatory reporters so we can find out who's doing it. plus You can check from the programmer side how long it took them and you can easily see who's hacking and who isn't. I don't say this to get anyone mad just speaking from the real and the real is with you deleting the comments and not finding out what hes talking about your missing out on a good opportunity to solve the issue. what if the person he claim was hacking was indeed a hacker and he controlled all the bots? you could of gotten the name found out from the crew if he really was and ban him and his account easy like they used to do back in the day. But my comment might be deleted as well but I speak my peace and say that we should change that way of thinking to help solve issues as issues are never solve if there none to be presented or shown.

Nobody on these forums can ban anyone from the game.
    If you have proof of someone hacking, you need to present it to Nexon's Customer Support (http://support-maplestory.nexon.net), and they will investigate and ban.

Accusing people of hacking on the forums will not get them banned, but can cause unnecessary drama. That is why it's not allowed.
    MisterPENGUIN