[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bring other weapons from other games/movie to GMS

DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
Reactions: 7,195
edited August 2018 in General Chat
Maplestory has a large arsenal of weapons such as swords, bows, guns, wands, etc. If you can bring a weapon from another game or movie into Maplestory, which weapons would it be? What drastic effects can these mythical weapons bring to Maple World?
scholar624DuskRaven

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited August 2018
    Gun blade, Cus I'm a final fantasy nerd :^).
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited August 2018
    bumbertyr wrote: »

What does it do and does it have any OPness to it?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

Hmm, Rapid fire type long range, and some OP warrior skill for melee. It'd probably have Hero melee type skill. But realistically, if i remember correctly, gun blade was more of a shot gun blast than a continuous fire.
    edited August 2018
    weapons I'd bring would be, some weapons from an anime called strike the blood, one is a Blade that turns into a bow (hybrid class?) and another is a lance.

Bow/Blade: http://strike-the-blood.wikia.com/wiki/Lustrous_Scale
    Lance: http://strike-the-blood.wikia.com/wiki/Schneewalzer

Another weapon I would bring would be satellites and drones, where every job stage the satellite gets bigger and the drone gets upgrades like in Nier Automata, the little drone is by your side, and you can use chips to change the utility of the drone, from offense to defense. It would go well with the lance. since 2B uses 1 handed and 2 handed swords. - but the drones and satellites would go well with a thief resistance class; a resistance thief (to me) makes me think of the SPYRAL archetype from yugioh. and the lance could be a stand alone class. prob uses magic along with the lance.

SPYRAL- http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/SPYRAL
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    edited August 2018
    voldemort-shield.jpg

Wand: The Elder Wand in Harry Potter would be an OP wand. Imagine how far it would allow my magicians to travel by teleporting (Hyper Teleport Rock Perm.) I wonder how strong the killing curse will be.

savage-lynel-bow-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-image.jpg

Bow: The Savage Lynel Bow from BOTW is an absolute behemoth. Not only are its stats strong late ingame, but it is capable of shooting volleys of 3 or even 5 shots! Imagine giving a Bowmaster or Wind Archer a 5 line Hurricane!

c3e1f99ac848016d8281bf669f554af4956017e9_hq.jpg

Arrow: Also from BOTW, the Ancient Arrow delivers a deadly blow to a single target. It instantly kills anyone in the game (except for bosses.) Even through its effects are already OP, it can be loaded into a Lynel Bow and turn it into 3 or 5 allow barrage of insta-killing arrows. While it obliterates its targets whole, the explosion dealt from the arrow destroys all possible loot from it. I could use this on Lucid and bypass the match, and still get loot since its in a music box, but if I were to use it on Will, people will kill me because everyone comes empty-handed because I decided to solo Will and destroyed all the rewards.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited August 2018
    I would like to see Elizabeth's grimoire from the SMT Persona series.

2160534-chara_elizabeth.png

Caught in quite the pickle? Call upon powerful familiars from ancient mythology to your side using tarot cards stored within your codex. For the less threatening enemies, send a barrage of knife-like cards their way... or you can obliterate everything by dropping a megidolan spell nuke from above and calling it a day.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Daxterbeer wrote: »

Hmm, Rapid fire type long range, and some OP warrior skill for melee. It'd probably have Hero melee type skill. But realistically, if i remember correctly, gun blade was more of a shot gun blast than a continuous fire.

Considering the gunblade didn't actually shoot at all and the trigger served a different purpose.... no.
    edited August 2018
    well then, going by the physiology of the gun, it would shoot more like a shotgun. I didn't play 8 at all.
  • RokaniRokani
    Reactions: 1,220
    edited August 2018
    Well just from Terraria.
    Phantasm - fires 25+ arrows a second, different arrow types could allow up to 65 hits per second. Essentially RIP to everything you see.
    Aerial Bane - Not as deadly but if it hits a mob in the air it releases more arrows towards the ground, destroying everything below.
    Coin Gun - Say good bye to your wallet, and w/e is on the other end of this gun.
    Daedalus Stormbow - Not all that strong but summons multiple arrows where ever you want, with the right arrows you could have a waterfall of non stop arrows summoned where ever you wish.

Last Prism - As its tooltip says "Fire a lifeform disintegration rainbow" enough said.

Game needs more bowmen skills and better magic =p

But best of all? A portal gun obviously. Unless you want raw power... then maybe a Molecular Disruption Device from Ender's Game, or something similar.
    MisterPENGUIN