[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

No refund on my lab server cash shop purchases?

JerrySwitzerJerrySwitzer
Reactions: 410
edited August 2018 in Bug Reporting
I got on today to claim my lab rewards, then i went into cash shop to check if the amount of money i spent to help me out on lab was refunded into maplepoints. I realize that none of it got refunded so i'm not sure if anyone else is having the same problem or if i just happened to be unlucky.
Plutia

Comments

• TamireliaTamirelia
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited August 2018
    No refund here either

Character name: Tamirelia

Character level: 240

Character job: Cannoneer

World name: Galicia

• PlutiaPlutia
    Reactions: 730
    edited August 2018
    Same, no refund.

Character Name: Haukae
    Level: 208
    Job: Kanna
    World: Bera

I should have 5000 MP.
  • PhantomsitoPhantomsito
    Reactions: 960
    edited August 2018
    No refund here
    IGN: íPhantöm
    Level: 215
    Server: Bera
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited August 2018
    Same Here,

IGN: Asterîsk
    Level: 203
    Server: Reboot
    Server NX used in: LAB
    Amount Spent: 29880

I bought varies things from Dragon pet with Skills to Clothing on LAB, Knowing I'd get it back in MaplePoints.

I can provide a List of items bought if needed, as well as Video proof.
  • QkisspyQkisspy
    Reactions: 200
    edited August 2018
    Ditto … was very excited for my maple points, but none there :'(

IGN: LighTsM4
    Level: 250
    Job: Luminous
    Server: Bellocan

Perhaps someone can shed some light on this situation for everyone?
  • GuidingGuiding
    Character Name: Guiding
    Level: 165
    Job: Kanna
    World: Europe Reboot
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Arwoo commented on a similar thread on reddit, saying
    Arwoo wrote:
    We're currently working on the Maple Points for NX spent on the Lab server. Hopefully we get it to you all soon, but I don't have a final date to share yet.
    SoftFrostingInvulgo
  • st4rchst4rch
    edited August 2018
    Lol. Lab is done and there has been a maintenance. No reason it should be some later date. If that was the case I wouldn't have spent nx there. This is ridiculous.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    st4rch wrote: »
    Lol. Lab is done and there has been a maintenance. No reason it should be some later date. If that was the case I wouldn't have spent nx there. This is ridiculous.

The event notice said "All NX used in the Lab Cash Shop will be refunded to the player as Maple Points (MP) after the end of the event"
    Not "immediately after," not "in the first maintenance after," just "after".
    If having to wait a bit for your refund was such a deal-breaker for you, you should have confirmed the date of the refund before spending anything.
  • st4rchst4rch
    edited August 2018
    So you are saying if I had asked I would have been given a date for the refund? Cause that's what your statement sounds like. And this *Hopefully* stuff is exactly why so many people are pissed off all the time. Hopefully we get it to you soon is something I don't mind hearing when talking about content or 2x compensations..... Not when speaking about actual cash that was spent.

They knew when lab was ending and they knew people would want what was stated. Doesn't take much brainpower to figure that out and come up with a solution that can be implemented *after the event is over*. Which is where we are now.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I am saying that if you had asked, then even if Nexon didn't answer (which, as you imply, is the likely result), I probably would have told you that, based on past experience, I don't expect to see that refund earlier than a week after LAB closes. That is often the case with events that have rewards "distributed in a maintenance after the event ends", and especially so when things have to do with cash (for example, spendings on Marvel being counted towards MVP).
    Nexon likes to take their time going carefully over the data to make sure there are no mistakes and no exploits. And in this case, LAB was open right up until the maintenance started, so it is doubly important to make sure no last-minute spending is missed.
  • POdUserPOdUser
    If based on past "experience" then Nexon should have the same experience and prominently stated so in the lab description. The event made it sound like the refund would be immediate after the event ended.

I myself would have NOT spent any nx had I known they would pull this.

If they knew it would take a week or two they should have definitely made us aware, then you wouldn't have 3 Reddit posts and 2 forum posts with dozens of players pissed off.

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I'm not justifying it by any means but... you guys have played MapleStory for a long enough period to have known that Nexon would be incapable of delivering what they said they would in a timely fashion, right...? This is not surprising to me whatsoever that this has happened.
    Phantomsito
  • st4rchst4rch
    edited August 2018
    I understand everything thats been stated, and yes, noone forced me to use NX on LAB. But as Pod says we shouldnt have to "expect to wait because well, thats what usually happens". Everyone that Ive spoken to who spent money in LAB expected the MP to be added to your account when Lab closed. There should be no....Looking into anything.looking into a solution should have been taken care of before LAB even Opened is my point. But once again...its Nexon...and we should all just expect mediocre game service right?
  • AnnonTAnnonT
    Reactions: 800
    Let's be real, with all the new cash items out atm why would they refund it right now? They are waiting for the same people to spend more before they refund w/ MP.
  • st4rchst4rch
    edited August 2018
    Its not the fact that they are waiting. The way it has been explained is they are looking at the best way to do it. Or like hopefully its soon because they dont know what they are doing. Thats what it sounds like. We are just saying its sucks because this should have been stated from the get go.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited August 2018
    Looking forward to getting my Maple Pts.
  • SoftFrostingSoftFrosting
    Reactions: 840
    edited August 2018
    On your official site, in the description for Lab server, it was written that all NX purchases made on the Lab server would be refunded in Maple Points once the server closed.
    The server has closed, and the 45k+ NX i spent on the Lab server hasn't been refunded to me.

I'm just really distraught right now, why this is happening. i'massuming this was a mistake, and I'm hoping we can have this fixed immediately.

JerrySwitzer
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    It really depends on how maple points are generated into the game ( I assume it's not the same as the currency ( mesos) They have to account for how much people spent and how they spent (some methods or purchases weren't eligible for refunds via maple points).
  • SoftFrostingSoftFrosting
    Reactions: 840
    edited August 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    Arwoo commented on a similar thread on reddit, saying
    Arwoo wrote:
    We're currently working on the Maple Points for NX spent on the Lab server. Hopefully we get it to you all soon, but I don't have a final date to share yet.

Ah, thank you. Knowing that your aware and already underway with the process is good enough for me.