[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please don't leave your biggest fans from Russia!

Dance2ExciteUsDance2ExciteUs
Reactions: 610
I know it may sound miserably funny, but there are thousands of maplestory fans in Russia which could bring up more thousands of players to the game!
Dear Nexon,
I'm Korean. And I enjoyed playing korean maplestory since 2004 . Later, since 2009, I started playing european maplestory because I moved to Russia .
Then, at 2016, european maplestory merged with global maplestory.
And here I am: bought sooo many nx cash items, I spent hundred thousands of hours to build my character up. Now I'm loosing all of my passion and efforts??
Is there any way for me to continue playing maplestory?
I had like over 20 characters linked, 2 characters over lvl 200.
best sets, in the best guild, best items....
I'm very upset with the fact, that I can't play maplestory anymore in Russia(
Please let me ask you again, please don't be irrelevant: I played european maplestory since 2009. then later came out licensing policy and they blocked players from Russia.
But! users, who were already playing european maplestory before ban, they were allowed to continue playing the game even after block.
Maybe there is some way for users, who's already registered to maplestory, to continue playing the game regardless banned their region or not?
I'm begging you T-T
I can make maplestory one of the most popular games in Russia! Please, let me play.....

Comments

• Dance2ExciteUsDance2ExciteUs
    edited August 2018
    I know it may sound miserably funny, but there are thousands of maplestory fans in Russia which could bring up more thousands of players to the game!
    Dear Nexon,
    I'm Korean. And I enjoyed playing korean maplestory since 2004 . Later, since 2009, I started playing european maplestory because I moved to Russia .
    Then, at 2016, european maplestory merged with global maplestory.
    And here I am: bought sooo many nx cash items, I spent hundred thousands of hours to build my character up. Now I'm loosing all of my passion and efforts??
    Is there any way for me to continue playing maplestory?
    I had like over 20 characters linked, 2 characters over lvl 200.
    best sets, in the best guild, best items....
    I'm very upset with the fact, that I can't play maplestory anymore in Russia(
    Please let me ask you again, please don't be irrelevant: I played european maplestory since 2009. then later came out licensing policy and they blocked players from Russia.
    But! users, who were already playing european maplestory before ban, they were allowed to continue playing the game even after block.
    Maybe there is some way for users, who's already registered to maplestory, to continue playing the game regardless banned their region or not?
    I'm begging you T-T
    I can make maplestory one of the most popular games in Russia! Please, let me play.....
    edited August 2018
    I'm sorry, I accidentally posted 2 same posts.
  • ZerpZerp
    Reactions: 390
    edited August 2018
    I know that might sound cynical, but I am about 90% sure that Nexon only cares about you while you while you spend enough to maintain MVP (100s of dollars / month). It appears players have been asking for relatively simple stuff for years now and the only thing they got was... well nothing, really, we all just get brushed off on just about every issue imaginable.

On another note: you cannot make this game popular, because this game is impossible to get into without spending money (something most players avoid).
    Dance2ExciteUsSlicedTime
  • malumamaluma
    Reactions: 1,225
    edited August 2018
    Send a ticket, say you were hacked.
    Every time you log on MapleStory use a VPN.
    That's the only way I think. Good luck.
    Dance2ExciteUs
    edited August 2018
    hah) thnx, guys for nice tips!)
    Well, Nexon has to make money some way))
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2018
    maluma wrote: »
    Send a ticket, say you were hacked.
    Every time you log on MapleStory use a VPN.
    That's the only way I think. Good luck.

A VPN can be considered against the terms of service.

https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/115000958183-Can-I-use-VPN-to-play-Nexon-games-

Don't encourage other users to break the rules or exploit the ticket system.
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited August 2018
    Nvm, looks like according to ToS any sort of network setup meant for rerouting network traffic through another location is strictly forbidden.
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited August 2018
    Whoops quoted instead of edited, delete this pls.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018

I don't know why there are some countries that are not covered by any Maplestory service, including GMS that is supposed to serve every area that doesn't have its own dedicated service. I will forward the question of Russia to Nexon.
    SlicedTimeDance2ExciteUs
    edited August 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    I don't know why there are some countries that are not covered by any Maplestory service, including GMS that is supposed to serve every area that doesn't have its own dedicated service. I will forward the question of Russia to Nexon.

Thnx a lot, aKradian! I hope they listen to you!)
    edited September 2018
    Call me stupid, call me dumb, but does anyone knows Why exactly some regions are blocked from playing maplestory?
    I thought: more ppl play maplestory - more famous is the game - more ways to make money for nexon (advertising, all the benefits from being famous game company, more ppl buying nx cash etc.)?
    Maybe Russia has a complicated law system about implementation of the MMORPG?
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2018
    Call me stupid, call me dumb, but does anyone knows Why exactly some regions are blocked from playing maplestory?
    I thought: more ppl play maplestory - more famous is the game - more ways to make money for nexon (advertising, all the benefits from being famous game company, more ppl buying nx cash etc.)?

Yep, it has to do more with the laws in Russia.
    Dance2ExciteUs
  • DanielCheeseDanielCheese
    Reactions: 100

Yep, it has to do more with the laws in Russia.

Um. No? If that would be the case, we wouldn't be able to play great deal of paid MMOs or free ones on Asian servers and /some/ others. No, I call corporate greed. Any time I want to play a game, I'm offered to go play on a Russian server. The ones that spiked rise of bootleg servers of Lineage 2 and Aion in it's time because how bad Innova company sucked.

Nexon, for the love of bloody God, let others play the damned game. Not only Innova doesn't have Maple story, guess what? It ain't gonna have my friends either! EVER! Get your stuff straight.