[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.217 Sengoku Returns: Asura War Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Superior gollux ring in reboot server

Comments

  • SeaxnSeaxn
    Reactions: 250
    Posts: 2
    Member
    I'm just wondering why Gollux is the only boss in the entire game where you can only get the equips one time. Every other boss in the game has items you can obtain multiple times. It's not consistent at all and doesn't make any sense
    jujuko12main_db11Hvidedarik
  • jujuko12jujuko12
    Reactions: 530
    Posts: 18
    Member
    edited August 2018
    Seaxn wrote: »
    I'm just wondering why Gollux is the only boss in the entire game where you can only get the equips one time. Every other boss in the game has items you can obtain multiple times. It's not consistent at all and doesn't make any sense

    One possible reason may be that Nexon does not know how to make the shop restockable. I'm starting to think this is the real reason @Arwoo.
    darik
  • main_db11main_db11
    Reactions: 410
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited September 2018
    I just destroyed my superior ring during the last star force event. @Arwoo Should I quit the game or will you respond?
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,725
    Posts: 498
    Member
    edited September 2018
    I can safety say that the reason why the shop isn't restock-able yet is because this request will take a bit of time to develop.
    However, I've not been delivered a response that states this won't be done. Right now it's a matter of waiting patiently until we see the shop have a restock feature built into it.
    darik
  • AudioFAudioF
    Reactions: 1,075
    Posts: 18
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    I can safety say that the reason why the shop isn't restock-able yet is because this request will take a bit of time to develop.
    However, I've not been delivered a response that states this won't be done. Right now it's a matter of waiting patiently until we see the shop have a restock feature built into it.

    EDIT: below was written before Memo got updated

    Disclaimer: I really want them to restock the shop cos it doesn't make any sense for it to be such an 'exclusive' item. It should be at least restocked as an event thingy, cos there's barely any other BiS or important progression item locked behind stupid wall.

    Wait, you're confusing me, a lot now. Why? Why are you restocking it? I'm asking honestly, how does it even get discussed in the meetings in the light of what SavagAce wrote in Memo?

    "Maplers need Gollux shop so they can progress better!"

    Is that main argument?
    I'm looking for an answer cos, you know, let's say a dude uses:
    - Superior Gollux Ring
    - Reinforced Gollux Ring
    - Solid Gollux Ring
    - Superior Gollux Earring

    Naturally, he will keep them at 17 stars, cos it's safe. Once you re-release the shop, everybody can go past that, for even 22 stars with no transfer hammer wololo.

    My Superior Ring gets +11 ATT when going 17 to 18 stars. Reinforced as well +11 ATT. Exact values does not matter so let's say, its +10 ATT on avg, no matter what item (I know level matters etc). We are looking at +70 ATT PER GOLLUX ITEM when going 15 to 22.

    Now tell me, how the... I'll censor myself... how the hell GHOST SHIP EXORCIST BADGE and SENGYOKU HAKASE BADGE getting goddamn bit off ATT when one is not restockable and second is 2/year event only item will break balance and Gollux giving 4x more power won't.

    You people have no power over the game or idea about balance.
    AKradianDarkPassengerArgentHyrabaroPride
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,000
    Posts: 751
    Member
    edited September 2018
    People quit because they lost their end game items and can no longer compete in their damage measuring contest.
    Restock it and half of them will come right back (more profit).

    Changes to the star force system probably falls under KMS jurisdiction because if KMS officially release a lv 130+ badge with starforce and they don't get att from 15+ stars, the behavior will certainly be ported to all version (if GMS allowed 15+ star badge get attack, KMS will force them to get rid of it, which will make players angry for taking something away from them)
    darik
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 5,950
    Posts: 747
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    I wonder how kms players survive without gollux considering how rebooties react to booming theirs.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 6,785
    Posts: 979
    Member
    edited September 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    I wonder how kms players survive without gollux considering how rebooties react to booming theirs.

    KMS players still have some old MEEs they use on items that are <150. It seems MEEing a Meister in KMS stronger than 22 starring it. They do the same for Blazing Sun Pendants, Dominator Pendants, Silver Blossom, Murgoth and other rings. The highest level ring they have is Meister and Scarlet.
  • main_db11main_db11
    Reactions: 410
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited September 2018
    Wait... Hasn't this issue been brought up and discussed since reboot came out over 2 years ago? And this post was made almost half a year ago. Is this a reasonable amount of time to wait? If it takes 2 years just to begin discussing how to code gollux restocks, then I guess we can expect to get golllux restocks in 2035, when we are all middle-aged and have kids.

    Even though maplestory is enjoyable for me, I unfortunately am mortal, and cannot afford to spend a projected decade waiting on such an important change. Thanks anyways Arwoo for telling us to wait more. I'm going to be taking a break from the game. Please be patient while I spend my money elsewhere, I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.
    darik
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,935
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited September 2018
    main_db11 wrote: »
    Wait... Hasn't this issue been brought up and discussed since reboot came out over 2 years ago? And this post was made almost half a year ago. Is this a reasonable amount of time to wait? If it takes 2 years just to begin discussing how to code gollux restocks, then I guess we can expect to get golllux restocks in 2035, when we are all middle-aged and have kids.

    Even though maplestory is enjoyable for me, I unfortunately am mortal, and cannot afford to spend a projected decade waiting on such an important change. Thanks anyways Arwoo for telling us to wait more. I'm going to be taking a break from the game. Please be patient while I spend my money elsewhere, I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

    bye
  • HvideHvide
    Reactions: 100
    Post: 1
    Member
    Agreed make it so you can rebuy in reboot, I even put on the safety guard but didn't notice it went away after ''chance time'' and then it got destroyed.
  • diveKamidiveKami
    Reactions: 405
    Posts: 6
    Member
    edited November 2018
    Welp. Officially almost the end of the year. I guess gollux restocks is so diffult that it'll take 5 years to implement. But if there's a cash shop bug, please believe it will be fixed within 24 hours and emergency maintenance. I guess this shows what Nexon values.
    darik
  • Tk5bzTk5bz
    Reactions: 110
    Post: 1
    Member
    Bumping this post. I forgot to safeguard one time between 10 and 15 and accidentally blew up my superior ring. Yes it was my mistake, but one mistake shouldn't have such an enormous impact for the rest of the game. I hope this is something that Nexon is still looking into.
    darik
  • RebootmapleRebootmaple
    Post: 1
    Member
    It’s 2019 gollux shop is still not restockable. They said it’s not yet developed, but we know it’s not ever going to be developed. Nexon just needs to give the one thing people have been asking for the past 3 years. It’s a simple fix... if you can’t do it, I can be up for volunteer. I am taking a computer science course and I’ll probably get the code done in a few minutes that Nexon seems to not have.
  • InkstainInkstain
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 2
    Member
    edited November 2019
    boomed my ring on reboot and now im here weeping