[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Characters Not Saving

AlmostAWarriorAlmostAWarrior
Reactions: 440
edited September 2018 in Bug Reporting
okay so hear me out, i dont know if this applies as a bug but :P

so like 2 days ago, I started Maplestory. i created a character (Luminous) and played, was fun. I then exited, then went back in later. it doesnt show up. I shrug it off and think it might be a simple issue, and make a new character (Phantom). I play a bunch, was fun. I then do Alt + F4 (or something idk) and click exit game. I then come back today, Its not there! so, either this is a bug or i just need help with saving. so, how do you save? does it have something to do with the server you choose?

Thanks

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Yes, it has to do with the server you choose.
    Each character you make belongs to a specific server (the one you chose before you created the character) and will not be visible if you select another server.
    AlmostAWarrior
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2018
    Hi AlmostAWarrior,

When you get the chance could you answer the following questions:

Are you using the Nexon Launcher or the Steam launcher?

Are you logging into the same account?

Are you making sure to choose the same world that the character was created in? Do note that characters are world specific.

• AlmostAWarriorAlmostAWarrior
    Reactions: 440
    edited September 2018
    alright, forgot to add to this-

yes, it does depend on the server, i just really like how they all like rip

so, if you are new to Maplestory- stick to one server. Thanks, everyone!
    bumbertyr