[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Announcement] Regarding Kanna's Haku's Blessing

Comments

• DodochDodoch
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited August 2018
    Still nothing...
  • Troll4UTroll4U
    Reactions: 460
    edited August 2018
    With the new Sakura crossover content coming soon, is there any sort of hope for Kannas to be readjusted and rebalanced or are they just going to remain untouched as a class which are just going to be continued to be used as "kishin mules" due to the terrible nerfs that they've received recently?
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited August 2018
    Today marks the not so happy 10-month anniversary of the Haku nerf.

During this time there has been no communication from anyone at Nexon about anything related to Kanna. Players have reached out time and again only to have been ignored at every turn. No data has ever been provided to support this "balancing" despite repeated calls for that information to be provided. This issue and others like how flames interact with certain gear make it appear that Nexon has contempt for non-KMS content. I can find no other explanation.

I'm not going to go through and list out our grievances, there are already 14 pages in this thread to see them, or on some other social media platform. I will say this however, the promise by Nexon
    Arwoo wrote: »
    We will be sure to monitor all points pertaining to Kanna's performance in-game in conjunction with the community's feedback for additional discussions regarding the class' balance in the future.
    has gone unfulfilled.

I'm disappointed. I'm disappointed in the balancing team, the QA team, the communications team, marketing team and more. They have completely and utterly failed.

Hertzian
  • PlutiaPlutia
    Reactions: 730
    edited August 2018
    it honestly feels like kanna is the weakest class right now, not fit at all for solo play. With 550k range I do as much damage as someone with 100k range or less even, really hope we get a kanna rebalance to make her stronger sometime :( takes me so long to go through vanishing journey, or take down bosses.
  • HertzianHertzian
    Reactions: 520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    I added 350 arcane force, 7x 17 star items, flamed my gear and i just got back to my range pre nerf :D

sad
  • Troll4UTroll4U
    edited August 2018
    Please fix this playing as a Kanna feels so hopeless for solo play, especially for new people who decide to play this class. Although it may be more useful as a support during bosses, unless one manages to make it so far as a Kanna, it's just way too much effort that needs to be put in compared to every other class. Of course, since Kanna can't manage solo, even at end game, having a team ultimately dying and leaving Kanna alone against a boss would be impossible to deal any significant damage.
  • DodochDodoch
    edited August 2018
    Please don't tell me we have to wait a literal year for them to say they won't do any changes cuz they don't care.
  • Troll4UTroll4U
    edited August 2018
    Feels like Nexon doesn't do a lot of what the community requests for. Kanna right now regardless of flames is struggling to a degree where it's truly not possible to advance on it's own. I've created other characters and many of them can roughly reach Kanna's overall DPM with half the stats. I am going to continue to bump this until something is done to rebalance this class.
    Hertzian
  • DodochDodoch
    edited September 2018
    Arwoo should stop doing combat rolls and get back to the forums, this thread has been going on for too long without any official response or acknowledgement.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited September 2018
    My kanna just got insta-killed while giving kishin to a guild member. I was nowhere near any mobs, and the mobs were 73 levels below my kanna. I think nexon is trying to just dump kanna overall and get people to stop playing it.
  • Troll4UTroll4U
    edited September 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    My kanna just got insta-killed while giving kishin to a guild member. I was nowhere near any mobs, and the mobs were 73 levels below my kanna. I think nexon is trying to just dump kanna overall and get people to stop playing it.

This used to happen to me, especially in certain maps like Commerci Ship runs. I don't know if Nexon has ever fixed the bug where the foxfires caused from Haku buff do not have a invincibility when being attacked by mobs with magic attacks, allowing the damage from them to be stacked together in an instant and causing instant deaths. As of today, I can also name a couple of other glitches that Kanna still faces. Regardless, I think the main issue here is the significant damage nerf from Haku's blessing makes this class insanely difficult to train on it's own at subpar levels, unless highly funded. To call this balance where it cannot even compare to every other magician class with the exception of Beast Tamer is far off "balanced" and needs a huge rework after some time playing on Kanna.
  • mechanicplayermechanicplayer
    Reactions: 410
    edited September 2018
    "You can't use it in the air" xd

also can you let us jump and cast sengoku summon please :)
  • DodochDodoch
    edited September 2018
    Still nothing here, guess they might actually just wait for the literal year to respond.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited September 2018
    Dodoch wrote: »
    Still nothing here, guess they might actually just wait for the literal year to respond.

Kanna changes have to be made from JMS/TMS before it reaches GMS
  • DodochDodoch
    edited September 2018

Kanna changes have to be made from JMS/TMS before it reaches GMS

And that's the excuse you are giving them to ignore the thread?
    ArgentYonax
  • Troll4UTroll4U
    edited September 2018
    So soon to come Black Mage updates where classes will get a rebalance and possibly another 5th job skill. Are Kanna's going to be revamped in this update or are they eventually going to become full time kish mules (i'm pretty sure they are already) once this update hits because surely I don't see any updates regarding Kannas here.
    Hyrabaro
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited October 2018
    Maybe we can hold out hope for JMS/TMS to have something done since there's apparently a big patch for TMS coming.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Comming week we get a new balancing patch, where most classes get made even stronger. Yet no news regarding non-kms classes balancing. If you have these classes in the game you responsible to balance them just as much with the other classes.
    Argent
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited October 2018
    Well, patch notes are out and Kanna and the other non-KMS classes, have been forgotten once again. Not sure if that's for better or worse all things considered.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Argent wrote: »
    Well, patch notes are out and Kanna and the other non-KMS classes, have been forgotten once again. Not sure if that's for better or worse all things considered.

By now they more forgotten then Shade, sad times.