[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bring back the Maple Trading System

FawkoFawko
Reactions: 2,360
edited October 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I will be copying everything I posted on Reddit here below. Please take your time to read this and leave your honest thoughts so we can have a discussion.

"I'm looking for the community's feedback on this one because its something that I think could benefit the game in a positive way. What would you guys think about the Maple Trading System making a come back to MapleStory? Back in the day we used to have this nifty system where we could sell items for NX in an auction-house like page. This showed the player's ign as well so people could actually contact people unlike the auction house. Anyways to get to the point, I think we should bring this back with a few changes. And I will point out before I go through why I think it should be brought back that the reason it was closed was because of players getting hacked in other Nexon games, then the hacker would steal their NX using MapleStory's MTS, these people didn't even play MapleStory and were still getting their NX stolen by hackers. I have a solution for that too. Here are the several thoughts I have on this:
1. There is no safe way to trade the expensive items in MapleStory. 30 billion mesos are only worth about 70k maple points and some items cost over $10,000 to obtain via lottery items.
2. Have the system use Maple Points instead of NX, so that players in other games cannot get their NX stolen.
3. This could drastically decrease the amount of RMT (Real money trades) that happen in MapleStory. Everyone knows that its almost impossible to buy anything these days without spending real money because mesos are worthless and its too hard to find someone who will trade what you want for what you have.
4. This will likely boost sales for Nexon because items will be readily available for what they can get with cash immediately.
5. The prices can be more regulated than the ever-changing market of mesos that botters provide. Put the ball back in the player's court instead of the botter's.
6. This would provide cross-world trade so that players in the dead worlds can have access to items that might not be available in their market because of their low population.

In conclusion, I think that this would seriously improve the situation going on with the MapleStory economy and also provide a SAFE alternative to players who would otherwise break the ToS (they really have no choice if they are selling an item that costs thousands of … maple points). If you have any thoughts on this I would LOVE to hear them and lets just have a discussion on this because I think it could really improve the game."
  1. Do you think the MTS should come back?5 votes
    1. Yes
       80% (4 votes)
    2. No
       20% (1 vote)

Comments

• NeuriorNeurior
    Reactions: 1,020
    edited October 2018
    Couldnt agree more, especially regarding maple points.