[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Singapore.

DtxDtx
Reactions: 770
edited October 2018 in General Chat
You just can't remove the main font of meso farming in Reboot worlds and act like nothing happens.
DFDFDKRATOS123

Comments

• MattyMatty
    Reactions: 2,120
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
  • Ganondorf69Ganondorf69
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2018
    Most dumb decision ever
  • KMSERKMSER
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2018
    So there has been announcement of singapore being removed.. does that mean the new players just make 0 money now. lol.
    Also do you guys think Malaysia will also be removed from this as well?
  • DarkZettaDarkZetta
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited October 2018
    KMSER wrote: »
    So there has been announcement of singapore being removed.. does that mean the new players just make 0 money now. lol.
    Also do you guys think Malaysia will also be removed from this as well?

Malaysia is staying for now, as confirmed by Arwoo, but for how long we don't know. It just means everyone's going to be funneled into Bye Bye Station and getting an open channel will now be nigh impossible.
  • Ganondorf69Ganondorf69
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2018
    Literally worst decision.
  • PuppyPowrPuppyPowr
    Reactions: 410
    edited October 2018
    So, if I goofed on the ghost ship quest for the ghost ship badge, am I screwed since singapore is getting removed after this patch? I beat the boss, but didnt get the badge, so I forfeited, did the white essence quest to get it back, and then went back and it tells me I can't reenter for another 24 hours because I entered twice apparently. I guess I'll just have to wait for Sengoku to come back now LMFAO.
    Traveler5577
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    I'm going to have the unpopular opinion here, but honestly I want all GMS-Exclusive content removed. Including characters.
    I would rather have a stable client and more co-operation with the KMS to get stable balanced content added to all versions of the game.
    Too much of our content renders the KMS content completely pointless.
    I think the only real issue with doing this is that because Nexon has allowed this content to be introduced into the game for such a long time,
    players now feel like they are owed buggy broken content.
    Please continue to remove the exclusive content or balance/rework it to be slightly weaker than KMS equivalent.

You may now being yelling at me for having unpopular opinions.
    Traveler5577
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I'm going to have the unpopular opinion here, but honestly I want all GMS-Exclusive content removed. Including characters.
    I would rather have a stable client and more co-operation with the KMS to get stable balanced content added to all versions of the game.
    I think the only real issue with doing this is that because Nexon has allowed this content to be introduced into the game for such a long time,
    Please continue to remove the exclusive content or balance/rework it to be slightly weaker than KMS equivalent.

I don't completely disagree with you - there is a ton of content that is gMS-specific that is just not used whatsoever - Alishan, Twisted Aqua Road, for example, are two things that could be easily removed and no one would care. The whole point of having gMS-exclusive stuff is to be, well, exclusive. It just sucks that Nexon has incompetent programmers that can't seem to sort out how to import a patch from kMS into our game without it having game-breaking bugs. Therefore, the removal of extraneous areas that are NOT popularly used by players would help alleviate that issue.
    YinYangX
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    snip
    Exclusive content for the sake of being exclusive isn't a very good plan programming wise.
    The GMS programming team has no clue what the KMS programming team will do a few years down the road.
    There is no way for them to know if the GMS content will end up causing more issues down the road for future patches.

ANY programmer would have a hard time with the current state of GMS, as it is basically a stitched together Frankenstein's Monster of other versions of MS.
    The longer Nexon goes on without doing anything about these differences, the worse it gets. The GMS Team seems to have finally said enough is enough.
    We don't have to completely do away with exclusive content if we work with the KMS team though.
    It is possible that we could introduce special content to our version of the game one patch season ahead of Korea.
    It would remain exclusive for around 6 months, after which it would be incorporated into the base game and no longer be exclusive.

YinYangX
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited October 2018
    That's where you're wrong, kiddo
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    that's absolutely it, I was absolutely right about not spending another dime on this game and i'm just outright **** quitting now. Rot in hell, nexon.
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    RIP MS1 , I was looking forward to the addition of fairy bros but another negative change i was not. How can you keep kicking us like this?
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    nexon doesn't find any trouble fixing or removing content that benefits anyone.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Not only this. So you're telling us we have to make and fund a new kanna. AND REPURCHASE PETS? How is that going to work. Most stupid decision nexon has ever made.

You don't need to repurchase pets, since all your Kannas share cash shop storage.
    Ganondorf69
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited October 2018
    conclusion and repercussions after the closure of singapore

the conclusion of the closure of singapore as mr airlee and capitan vaga was based more on an unfinished service in improving the stability of the server in different previous patches and other bugs, if we review the content of the game today we will find channels and maps where the game is stable and others where the delay or the lag is visible, heaven is an example, it is a chaos or total boredom to train in heaven or to collect the quest daily by the delay or constant lag in this map, errors and the worst of all hackers, in singapore and mr airlee was the same, it is clear that the instability is from before, a map wanted by many closes, by the old players and nostalgia, a legal game like maplestory can not have such huge errors and no solutions, but the solution for the staff of nexon it is for the good of the community, we close this and ready, but what will be the repercussion? and the closure of singapore for example, "hackers", hackers who use illegal programs go to the maps where everyone trains, it will be a chaos to report and that these continue using their programs and continue to hack with kannas, arks, dual blades, if people now have DB and Arks hackers, remembers w nexon fix the problem of the blaze wizards hackers, why no use this today whit kannas and others jobs, the solution exist ,, exist people ... Will there be any solution? after the close of singapore? I improve the game after closing mr airlee? capitan vaga was a nice event but after the transfer of worlds, it is impossible for events to prosper .... nexon should close the game for 3 days or 4 and implement a cleaning and maintenance of the game in its entirety, because singapore no solves nothing, I remember the first years of maple. the events were great and the maps wow, there are changes and sometimes it is hard to see these, it happened with star planet, yes if people did not enter this place lately and much more, but some thought, why? and some solution? Another example is world party quest? ... and ghost park? anyone enter? no, but nexon can implement solutions but good ... goodbye singapore beautiful music and place
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited October 2018
    I'm at loss of words at how disgusted how am for Nexon's treatment of their community.
    You remove Reboot's most important meso farming method without any prior notice whatsoever, and don't even have the balls to address it and its implications directly? Let's be honest though, you don't know the implications yourself. You don't play your game, or know how it works at all. Just another straw in the pile of crap decisions you've been making in the past months with the singular goal of saving YOURSELF some work, which either way you still do so badly. Please, sell the game to a company who cares so you don't have to worry about it to begin with.
    KRATOS123
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2018
    Mira wrote: »
    snip
    Exclusive content for the sake of being exclusive isn't a very good plan programming wise.
    The GMS programming team has no clue what the KMS programming team will do a few years down the road.
    There is no way for them to know if the GMS content will end up causing more issues down the road for future patches.

ANY programmer would have a hard time with the current state of GMS, as it is basically a stitched together Frankenstein's Monster of other versions of MS.
    The longer Nexon goes on without doing anything about these differences, the worse it gets. The GMS Team seems to have finally said enough is enough.
    We don't have to completely do away with exclusive content if we work with the KMS team though.
    It is possible that we could introduce special content to our version of the game one patch season ahead of Korea.
    It would remain exclusive for around 6 months, after which it would be incorporated into the base game and no longer be exclusive.

Bruh there are no GMS programmers anymore. The KMS programmers work on our dungheap, probably as a side project. They simply import the client to the LA HQ, where it gets localized and maintained server wise. This has been known to us for a few years by former GMs and partially confirmed by the people that went to LA HQ during the Q&A session.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited October 2018
    CBD has unique regular hair and face styles, does it not? How else will I be able to get the Overjoyed Smile and Shuteye face if I wanted it? At least add these to other "GMS-Exclusive" maps that have a cosmetic npc in them.
    chaoscauserUnemployedKRATOS123
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited October 2018
    oof accidentally quoted instead of edited
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited October 2018

Play KMS then. We don't want to play KMS. We want to enjoy our exclusive content and we also want from dear Nexon America to fix their broken things instead of removing them.
    KRATOS123
This discussion has been closed.