[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Broa] Buying Perm Pendant Slot (sold FrenzyTotem)

ABCZZTABCZZT
Reactions: 1,495
edited November 2018 in Maple Marketplace
As a permabeginner, a Frenzy Totem would benefit a regular player more than me.
If I want to trade it for a Permanent Pendant Slot, would that be a fair exchange?
(If not, which is worth more, and by how much?)

My in-game name is CursedApple and I play on Broa.
If you are interested in this trade, reply to this or whisper to me.

EDIT: I sold the Frenzy Totem. I'm offering 30 billion mesos for a Permanent Pendant Slot.

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Frenzy Totem is worth at least 15 times more than a Permanent Pendant Slot. Not a fair trade for you, at all.
    ABCZZT
  • ABCZZTABCZZT
    edited October 2018
    SadVirgin wrote: »
    Frenzy Totem is worth at least 15 times more than a Permanent Pendant Slot. Not a fair trade for you, at all.

Thanks. It's a relief to know that the Totem isn't worth less than the Pendant Slot.

To anyone interested in the trade, my preferences for items to fill in the difference with
    are no-booms, chaos scrolls, and/or mu gong's honor guarantees.
    If you can't offer those, I'm not sure how many billions of mesos to ask for...
  • NihilisticNyxNihilisticNyx
    Reactions: 615
    edited October 2018
    [Removed]
    ABCZZT
  • ABCZZTABCZZT
    edited October 2018
    Okay, I think I'm settled on how I want to sell this thing.
    I even went and looked up pictures for everything.

I am trading a Frenzy Totem for 400 billion mesos and a Permanent Pendant Slot.
    Plus I'm throwing in some other items as incentive for you to complete the trade.

Step 1: We will trade. You will give me a Permanent Pendant Slot, penslot_bg.jpg
    and I will give 5 no-booms (Advanced Equip Enhancement Scroll). advanced-equip-enhancement-scroll.png?1279973251
    I will also give some hats: (perhaps not immediately, I'm still thinking about when)
    Revolution Hat 1002799.png anviled onto a Commerci Hat latest?cb=20140901061902 - Limited, given out during a specific update.
    Tempest Feather Hat latest?cb=20160217054757 anviled onto a Commerci Hat latest?cb=20140901061902 - Limited, given out during a specific update.
    Pinnacle Hat 1002648.png anviled onto a Commerci Hat latest?cb=20140901061902 - Limited, given out during a specific update.
    Time Traveler's Laurel time-travelers-laurel.png?1291794004 anviled onto a Sweetwater Hat latest?cb=20141001015449 - Limited, quest reward from Tera Forest, which has been closed for how many years now? andy.png?1267092628
    Raven Ninja Bandana latest?cb=20150925032615 - Not limited, just rare. Obtained from turning in crimson hearts. leftover317.png?1243950964
    Step 2: I will sell 16 Onyx Apples food097.gif?1245054980 in the Auction House for 25 billion mesos latest?cb=20100808002414 each. Switch characters as many times as you need. If you convince others to split the cost, it won't make a difference to me.
    Step 3: After selling all the apples, we will trade. You will give the 5 no-booms advanced-equip-enhancement-scroll.png?1279973251 back to me,
    and I will give the Frenzy Totem. latest?cb=20180729143053 You can keep the hats and apples.
  • LyedenLyeden
    Reactions: 1,510
    edited October 2018
    Frenzy totem worths about 1500-1800b mesos.
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited October 2018
    So you're asking someone to give you a permanent pendant slot for 5 no boom scrolls and a bunch of worthless anvils first, (extreme rip off), then they need to pay you 400billion, and then you'll give them the totem? How is that safe for the person buying the totem at all?
  • ABCZZTABCZZT
    edited October 2018
    Fawko wrote: »
    How is that safe for the person buying the totem at all?
    I made a non-trivial exchange with a player once. I made a video about it too. Will that convince people to trust me? https://youtube.com/watch?v=I2uZNWu7Bs8
    worthless anvils
    One man's trash is another's treasure. Some people out there like to collect hats, and these are ones that can't be obtained anymore except through anvils; Except for the Raven Ninja Bandana, which has about a 1% chance to obtain for every 2 crimson hearts.
    400billion
    I've been told Frenzy Totem is worth $1000, and Permanent Pendant Slot is worth $70. I refuse to break the TOS, so I'm only going to trade for in-game things. Based on the Meso Market prices I've seen, the worth of 1b mesos fluctuates between $2 and $3. So 400b would be $800 in the worst case for me and $1200 in the best.
    Lyeden wrote: »
    If it's actually worth this much, then 400b is a great deal for the buyer.
    permanent pendant slot for 5 no boom scrolls
    Applying that 1b per $2/$3 the other way around, the Slot should be worth 23.3b-35b. I don't recall seeing anyone sell no-booms in the Auction House for over 10b. Lately, I've seen them being sold for 3.5b, but if one were patient and waited for the cheap ones to sell, one could get that many mesos out of it; Potentially more.

In conclusion, based on my assumptions, ($1000, $70, and 1b per $2/$3) I think the price I'm asking is reasonable. Are my assumptions not sane? Bear in mind that I am playing on Broa. I considered lowering it to 300b, but the $600 worst case would be too far from $1000 for me.

If anyone wants to only buy the Totem or only sell the Slot, without exchanging for the other, I'm not going to refuse at this point.
    Skyly
  • AntalonAntalon
    Reactions: 210
    Lyeden wrote: »
    That's actually not true. On most servers the ratio is 1bil-2k nx. According to your logic Frenzy should be 3-3.6k USD, which isn't even relatively close to the price its supposed to be. Frenzy usually goes for around 1.5k USD, which means it is worth around 750bil. Frenzy is extremly expensive as is, there's no point in trying to increase the price even further.
    Skyly
  • SkylySkyly
    Reactions: 500
    edited November 2018
    Hey boss, I’d be willing to do a meso trade with you. I’m in your guild and I just added ya! Let me know if you still have it.