[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

If the hacker issue won't be addressed...

Comments

• ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited October 2018
    It's not that I don't believe you guys when you state that you're reporting hackers. It's just that reporting hackers on the forums won't do us much good since no one here can follow up on the report. The best we can do to support the cause from community's position is to forward threads like this to show how upset Maplers are over actions being taken against hackers. The contents of this thread was delivered, it's again, the best we can do from this end.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    @Arwoo - I won't speak for everyone but I get it. The henesys advertisers, the botting accounts are all on different igns. Chances are bots are being properly banned. The issue is that you remove one and it spawns another or two or ten.

Kms requires a proper SSN to play the game to limit the account creation.

I really don't know what you can do in gms. First of all there's regions that don't even have SSN. Not to mention, given nexonna's track record, I highly doubtful anyone would give out their SSN to Nexon. Perhaps a phone number authentication that can't be a VoIP number? As of right now, you just need a valid email and you can make as many accounts as you want.

Continuing on the topic of hackers though, my biggest concern is when you guys do release the black mage. The content contains alliance shops which have some pretty nifty stuff. However this only lasts until the black mage is defeated. If hard will was beaten within 24 hours (I'm making a huge assumption it was illigitimate, sorry if it was legit) in gms, I'm making a safe assumption that over 50% of the content that comes with the black mage release won't even be usable due to the fact that once hackers find the bypasses and proper values they need, bm will be dead. Unless nexonNA either has new plans for anticheat, the hackers ignore bm completely, you're planning on keeping the alliance shop open forever/future coin shops, I forsee black mage being a hyped up disappointment that won't last more than 4 hours. I really do hope that you guys do understand how the content for black mage operates and plan accordingly.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited October 2018
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    @Arwoo - I won't speak for everyone but I get it. The henesys advertisers, the botting accounts are all on different igns. Chances are bots are being properly banned. The issue is that you remove one and it spawns another or two or ten.

I really don't know what you can do in gms. First of all there's regions that don't even have SSN. Not to mention, given nexonna's track record, I highly doubtful anyone would give out their SSN to Nexon. Perhaps a phone number authentication that can't be a VoIP number? As of right now, you just need a valid email and you can make as many accounts as you want.

Continuing on the topic of hackers though, my biggest concern is when you guys do release the black mage. The content contains alliance shops which have some pretty nifty stuff. However this only lasts until the black mage is defeated. If hard will was beaten within 24 hours (I'm making a huge assumption it was illigitimate, sorry if it was legit) in gms, I'm making a safe assumption that over 50% of the content that comes with the black mage release won't even be usable due to the fact that once hackers find the bypasses and proper values they need, bm will be dead. Unless nexonNA either has new plans for anticheat, the hackers ignore bm completely, you're planning on keeping the alliance shop open forever/future coin shops, I forsee black mage being a hyped up disappointment that won't last more than 4 hours. I really do hope that you guys do understand how the content for black mage operates and plan accordingly.

ssn won't work because gms is used in quite a few counties. But I do feel like perhaps something like captcha that forces people to use it might be a solution. It would probably anger people who afk to earn guild points (which admittedly I do myself), it could be a possible measure. Hard for hackers to run programs if they can't solve captchas and are DC'd constantly.

Or at least run a captcha in order to log in, a different kind each time so hackers can't just try and beat whatever system there is. Something, anything.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited October 2018
    Another idea that may at least slow hackers down - either have a log-in code texted to a cell phone (and only 1 number can be registered and the same number can't register more than once) or have a code sent to email. Just a thought.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    L4d2jpn wrote: »

ssn won't work because gms is used in quite a few counties. But I do feel like perhaps something like captcha that forces people to use it might be a solution. It would probably anger people who afk to earn guild points (which admittedly I do myself), it could be a possible measure. Hard for hackers to run programs if they can't solve captchas and are DC'd constantly.

Or at least run a captcha in order to log in, a different kind each time so hackers can't just try and beat whatever system there is. Something, anything.

Captcha was tried temporarily for a few days when NexonNA "accidentally" ported it in from kms. The forums/reddit was flooded with rage. It inconvenienced legit players and it didn't bother botters at all. Considering Runes are auto completed by bots, I'm sure they'd find the trigger for captcha and have it never trigger.

Phone authentication may work since a majority of players in this game probably either have cellphones or are still the old players from pre-BB days.

Either way, in my ideal world, removing access to create new accounts so easily and removing every automated anti-cheat would be prime. Wishful thinking sure, but it would really be nice to actually want to login and play regularly versus going lotus/damien/dojo only after a patch/maintenance.
    Lyedencarmenpop22
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited October 2018
    Forums aren't direct channels of communication to the developers or GMs that investigate hackers, forums are the medium through which a message is channeled to the destination from us, the community, to specific destination, producer, developers etc by the Community Manager or the Moderators.

They say developers do read the forums from time to time, but that's something we cant verify for sure.
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited October 2018
    +1 for cell phone verification. This would fix the issue. What are you waiting for Nexon?
    Lyedencarmenpop22
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2018
    +1 for Cell phone verification would be nice and it's gonna fix the issue easily 100%.
    Lyedencarmenpop22
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    funny how the people who have all the power get to tell us what is "FUD" or when nexon is telling us the truth. You're a **** company, we're already forced to trust you. Get this north korean thought police bullshit out of here or **** off, because at the moment you're actively killing the game and you don't even **** care. STABILITY! STABILITY! Doesn't mean a **** thing if the game becomes unplayable and unfun. Nobody wants KMS. They want what they had.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2018
    gms is the one suffering... kms is surviving at least in kms *they listen to the players* gms on the other hand... it's like saying to players *Silent! We are the boss here! we can do whatever we want.* don't say I'm spreading "fud" I'm just saying the truth.
  • BrennieIsHivBrennieIsHiv
    Reactions: 230
    edited October 2018
    [Removed]
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2018
    [Removed]

This comment was nothing more than random accusations of players hacking and scamming.
    The forums are not the place to report players, do so either in-game or in a ticket.
    edited October 2018
    [Removed]
    edited October 2018
    it is not an accusation if it is known by everyone and the people actually do it admit to it
  • VinsaneVinsane
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited October 2018
    So in other words you're trying to condone "Kill stealing"?
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited October 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    criticism is allowed, FUD and lying about Nexon's intentions is not. They've been warned before and they continued doing it, and those are the consequences of continuing to do it.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6835/code-of-conduct#latest

Question for you Neospector?
    HOW CAN HE BE LYING about Nexon's intentions when you yourself don't even know what Nexon's intentions are?
    I mean who could of possibly foreseen the removal of our Singapore content, Nexon as a whole in my opinion is acting drunk and irrationally. How can anyone possibly know Nexon's intentions at this moment in time? I don't even think Nexon knows what they are gonna do next, it is like Nexon Korea is one personality and Nexon America is another but it is the same person, what is that called oh yeah schizophrenia BWHAHAHAHA ROFL!

Unfortunately for us GMS players it would seem that Nexon Korea is the stronger of the personalities, come on Nexon Global stand up to Nexon Korea and keep your player base happy!
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2018
    HOW CAN HE BE LYING about Nexon's intentions when you yourself don't even know what Nexon's intentions are?

Well, I could say I do know what their intentions are: it was stated in the memo that the removal of the area was due to hackers and game optimization. You're refusing to acknowledge this as a legitimate concept, so me pointing that out is irrelevant as it'll simply cause a fight or outright accusations that the memo is somehow, for some absurd reason, a "lie".

I could also claim I have "magical VFM insider knowledge", which is not only ridiculous but would also be a complete and total lie; I know exactly the same as you do, which is what the memo said. You don't believe the memo, so we're back to square one.

Instead, I'm going to give you, and anyone else who like you decides simply to flamebait instead of furthering the discussion, a verbal warning to review the code of conduct.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6835/code-of-conduct#latest
    • Baiting players to flame; derailing threads to incite an argument or negative behavior; and simply for the sake of causing trouble are not behavior accepted on the Nexon forums.
    • We will not allow derogatory comments, threats, intellect insults, "crusades" against Nexon or our users, and other comments encouraging other members to accept a certain ideology about Nexon.
    • Do not to spread fear, uncertainty and doubt (FUD) on the forums. This includes making claims on what Nexon’s actions intentions are.
    • The forums are not the channel for reporting players.

Follow these rules. That is all that needs to be said.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited October 2018
    Vinsane wrote: »
    So in other words you're trying to condone "Kill stealing"?

Where did I say that? Did you even read my post?

I said regular users shouldn't be punished for sharing maps with hackers because hackers are such a wide spread issue now that they are making questlines unable to be completed, taking over popular maps, etc.

Also why on earth would you care about KSing a hacker anyway? It...it's a hacker.
  • DavOpsDavOps
    Reactions: 560
    edited October 2018
    Nexon did not listen to his player base 12 years ago, less now, they have done nothing but ruin their own game, instead of dealing with the hackers, they took the easy route and removed an entire map and plan to remove another

Thanks Nexon, it will not be the Black Mage who will ruin the maple world, it will be you
  • UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    edited October 2018
    Complain is all everyone does. I get that you want this game to be rid of hackers, but when you have tens of thousands of bots running around and only a small force of about 20-30 GMs it's impossible to catch up. Even then they can't make a permanent solution since they'll just keep coming back on a new account.

It's a problem in other games. Runescape, WoW, any other MMORPG you can think of. So the best they can do is to restrict what the botters can do, even when it means restricting normal players.
    Vinsanecarmenpop22