[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

event feedback: Not enough coins per day

YoongiYoongi
Reactions: 1,735
edited October 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I did the math, and by the end of the event, you make 2,574 coins if you do it even single day for the 26 days.
Sounds like a lot...
Until you look at the prices of the items in the shop.

Hallowkitty’s Witch Hat: Costs 1,000 Ghost Coins
Special Halloween Costume Box: Costs 150 Ghost Coins - 12 items, 1,800 coins if you want them all - assuming you get no repeats
Black Cat Camper: Costs 500 Ghost Coins

Some of the chairs are around 300 coins as well.

The amount of counts you make per day is just not enough if you want some of these above items.
I wanted just the witch hat and dress, which is 1,250 coins. Leaving with 1,324.

Basically, to sum it up, there is no way to possibly collect all the chairs and get these two clothing items as well. The prices are too high for the amount of coins you get per day. Even bumping the 3 coins to 5 coins would make a difference.

It's just not enough. Whoever made this event must be laughing, because they know collecting all these items is literally impossible.

We need more coins, or you need to lower the prices. 1,000 for the hat. Seriously? Come on. That'll take nearly half the event to get. Even 800 would be more reasonable.
KingofFurries

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Coins also drop from monsters around your level.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/36727/updated-october-15-v-199-darkness-looms-patch-notes#ghoulcoin
    You can earn Ghost Coins through the Ghoulbusters event, or when hunting monsters within your level range (20 levels below and 20 levels above).
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    @Neospector - except coins don't drop from Mobs around your level.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/36844/it-s-ghoul-hunting-season

The mobs you have to kill for the event spawns while hunting in the level range. I'll keep the misinformation regarding the meso drops in my bug report thread.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited October 2018
    Nobody is getting coins dropped from monsters +/- 20 of their level though
  • UnemployedUnemployed
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited October 2018
    This event is a joke I trained for an hour and didn't get a single coin. Did anyone else manage to get coins..?
  • AndyyzAndyyz
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2018
    From the in-game event dialogue, "The Ghoulbusters event will run from 10/17/2018... to 10/31/2018"

This is like 2 weeks, not 26 days?

I can also attest that, normal mobs are not dropping coins. I really hope they fix this, otherwise, it is actually impossible to get anything.
  • LaicalasseLaicalasse
    Reactions: 700
    Monsters are not dropping any coin for me either. Also, I feel like the need for 20 "clears" per event mob is rather high. That would take more than 2 hours to clear and for someone like me, who works full-time and also need to study for professional school, that's just way to much time required daily for an event.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited October 2018
    Hmmm . . .we will discuss with the team if anything can be done in regards to the limited coins. For now though, we'll notify the team of the current sentiment.
    Invulgo
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited October 2018
    So apparently we have 15 days to collect coins, not 26, so it's a million times worse than I thought. I can get a hat and dress and that's it.

Are we not supposed to get event items or...?
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited October 2018
    Laicalasse wrote: »
    Monsters are not dropping any coin for me either. Also, I feel like the need for 20 "clears" per event mob is rather high. That would take more than 2 hours to clear and for someone like me, who works full-time and also need to study for professional school, that's just way to much time required daily for an event.

took me THREE HOURS last night
  • LaicalasseLaicalasse
    Reactions: 700
    edited October 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    Laicalasse wrote: »

took me THREE HOURS last night

I gave up by 10 "clears" for each event mob. Got so bored I was on auto-pilot lol
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited October 2018
    Well I've always just assumed these events are for people who have nothing else to do than play the game all day and I wasn't interested in any of the items, so I didn't even look at how long it would take to get any of them.
    But having to collect almost every possible coin from an event just to get a cosmetic hat? Wow, that is a major Oops.
  • DtxDtx
    Reactions: 770
    edited October 2018
    The items on the store are so nice, the amount of coins won't seem enough.
    The daily cap takes so long btw
  • NAVGGNAVGG
    Reactions: 310
    edited October 2018
    I don't have a huge amount of time to play each day, about an hour. After my dailies I usually have about a 30-40 minutes to grind. I'm getting to level 7 in about 30 minutes at rev3 without kish as a bucc. So basically I'd need to grind for an hour and a half to max out the event daily. So with only 2 weeks and 20+ coins a day, I'm pretty confident I'm only going to be getting one item.

Honestly, it seems whoever designed the event thinks every player has access to kish or something.

Prices in the shop need to be much more reasonable or the coins need to start dropping from each Halloween mob.
    Laicalasse
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited October 2018
    I had to beg like a fool for kishin so I could finish at a reasonable hour last night.

It takes way too long for an insanely low payout for items you don't have enough time to get. Nexon didn't think it through at all and clearly it shows. I talked to people on the discord a lot about this and there isn't anyone who finds 99 coins a day for only 15 days acceptable.
    ArgentUnemployedLaicalasseSlicedTimeFawkoxparasite9
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    With due diligence, you're currently looking at:
    99*15=the event
    50=Friday utc ms2 hotweek
    99*2=2 Sunny Sunday doubles

For a total of 1733 coins. Without kishin/frenzy and still one shotting level appropriate mobs at slurpy that's about 1.5hr commitment fully focused.

If people don't one shot, that's easily 2x or more time required to just finish getting the daily coins. No one in gms in their right mind would want to do this on multiple characters either. I thought doing VJ and chuchu was a time commitment, that's nothing compared to this.
    Andyyz
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited October 2018
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    99*15=the event

For a total of 1733 coins. Without kishin/frenzy and still one shotting level appropriate mobs at slurpy that's about 1.5hr commitment fully focused.

If people don't one shot, that's easily 2x or more time required to just finish getting the daily coins. No one in gms in their right mind would want to do this on multiple characters either. I thought doing VJ and chuchu was a time commitment, that's nothing compared to this.
    yeah 1733 coins is NOT ENOUGH, i really would like to see them drop from mobs at a reasonable rate. many people, including me, want the halokitty hat which is 1k coins. thats over half the total coins you get lmfao.the out fit is 250, so then you're left with 483.... thats like 2 hats lmao or a damage skin and chair. really we need more event coins.
    UnemployedBeef
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited October 2018
    I play on mercedes, a class with decent mobbing, and without kishin at fes2 (which is an area with decent spawn to begin with) it took me hours. It's not even fun, it's tedious. And the payout is so low. 57k mesos...3 coins per 10 pumpkins....99 max.

Nexon didn't think this through at all and I don't know a single person who is happy about this. It's like they don't care at all.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited October 2018
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    99*15=the event

yeah 1733 coins is NOT ENOUGH, i really would like to see them drop from mobs at a reasonable rate. many people, including me, want the halokitty hat which is 1k coins. thats over half the total coins you get lmfao.the out fit is 250, so then you're left with 483.... thats like 2 hats lmao or a damage skin and chair. really we need more event coins.

Not to mention, the one chair that's 500 coins. Can't get that if you want the hat and dress :/
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited October 2018
    They definitely should make mobs drop the coins. This year's events are a LOT less fun than previous years. No one wants to have another daily that takes 3 hours to complete.
  • YoongiYoongi
    edited October 2018
    Fawko wrote: »
    They definitely should make mobs drop the coins. This year's events are a LOT less fun than previous years. No one wants to have another daily that takes 3 hours to complete.

and when you finish it on one, you have no desire to do it on another char.
    Andyyz