[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Rant] What's up with those events /rewards?

AudioFAudioF
Reactions: 1,435
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2018 in Rants and Raves
Hey there!

I'm quite confused, why Nexon decided to give us so many terrible events before the long-anticipated Black Mage update and why are we always seeing majority of the rewards so underwhelming.

Let's look at latest events:
- MapleStory X Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card Events
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/32919/updated-august-28-v-198-maplestory-x-cardcaptor-sakura-clear-card-patch-notes

Rewards:
Cardcaptor was equally terrible as Re:Zero crossover. Its wasted potential and I don't know if you guys care about feedback, but that's a massive waste of resources.
Notable rewards from Cardcaptor:
Kero-chan's Support: Buff. 7-day duration. Grants STR/DEX/INT/LUK +7 for 30 minutes.
Kero-chan's Friend: Title. Untradeable. Grants STR +10.

That's pure joke. Why not time-limited stats like 5% EXP or some ATT / Boss or IED? Why not +10 Arcane Force for a week or two? Complete waste of time. Nobody I know did them unless he was a collector of all sorts of titles / chairs.

Only positive thing about previous patch was Bug Brawl with temp Medal / Title and great EXP when looting bugs and Divine Intelligence with EXP Buffs but those were 'filler' events as whole patch was named after crossover. If any of those rewards would be moved to Cardcaptor, everybody would love it.

Another one:
- Darkness Looms Patch Notes:
Missing Dark Lord of Darkness - one of most anticipated events every year. Why it was removed? It makes channels full.
Ghoulbusters - massive scam. Massive. Scam. Where's the improved communication between players and Nexon? How stating that "Pumpkin Zombie: Gives varying amount of mesos: 100 million, 500 million, and 1 billion mesos." while in reality, rewards are usually under 1 million, even if you open 20 boxes? How's that not mocking the community and false advertising?

Just looking at this:
http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/27281/maple-memo-an-update-regarding-mesos-in-reboot-world
With these changes we hope to provide players more options to obtain mesos through normal gameplay and avoid players needing to focus on a few maps to be able to progress in the game.

As I player, quite dedicated one I feel like at this point you just want to mock me and waste my time with those events.

/rant
  1. Do you feel that Nexon intentionally lies in the patch notes?8 votes
    1. Yes they do.
       88% (7 votes)
    2. Yes.
       13% (1 vote)

Comments

• EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited October 2018
    To be fair, all crossover events were trash. Bug Brawl sounded like a cool idea but was pretty dull imo, and sort of annyoing and nonsense how it was working. Divine Intelligence is fairly cool, didn't feel too big and unsatisfying to do. Dark Totems were probably removed since we are going to get more similar to KMS having no totems, just a random guess. And I agree that the description for Ghoulbusters is pretty poor and hard to understand correctly but this isn't something new...

At this point I would prefer to have less events but being longer, the card captor sakura event held for three weeks iirc, which is imo a decent time. The event itself didn't offer much but at least it wasn't too grindy like the current Ghoulbusters - which I personally don't enjoy in all honesty.
    Laicalasse
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited October 2018
    The current halloween event is awful too. Not enough coins per day, a lot of work to get all the coins, plus they give you so few you can barely get anything at all in the store
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited October 2018
    Why don't we have any of the cool usual events that players have liked for years? They took away all the original content and gave us more freaking farm mobs near your level for an hour quests.
  • AudioFAudioF
    Reactions: 1,435
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Fawko wrote: »
    Why don't we have any of the cool usual events that players have liked for years? They took away all the original content and gave us more freaking farm mobs near your level for an hour quests.

I lost all hope that Santa boxes will return with cupons ;)