[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Lack of Maplers in All Servers

EtherFlowerEtherFlower
Reactions: 1,215
edited October 2018 in General Chat
It’s been awhile since I stopped playing MapleStory. I logged into MapleStory the other day and I noticed a lack of players in a lot of servers except Scalia and a few other servers. Is it because of MapleStory 2? Or, a lot of players quit playing MapleStory?

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited October 2018
    they moved to bera or reboot
    EtherFlower
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2018
    It’s been awhile since I stopped playing MapleStory. I logged into MapleStory the other day and I noticed a lack of players in a lot of servers except Scalia and a few other servers. Is it because of MapleStory 2? Or, a lot of players quit playing MapleStory?

Bro the company did a random world merge which a lot of people "leaders" then made a market and moved to bera now they are botting and making a lot more profit also increased the hacker rate in ms1. So I mean if you want to still play it join bera and our alliance in federation we are anti hack and pretty good. if not ms1 join ms2 east server in na you be able to find those who will make the game great again :D

I see no point in it its not something that benefits me nor the Koreans. I say before they even add that in the game they should add a riza class the first black class in maplestory history. Once they add that we might consider it but yea I am not for it but if they add I wont be against it. Shout out to those who want it. I don't but gl and hope you find your thing.

RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the voiceless)
    Riza Saika (Greatest thing to hit maple since fangblade)
  • NicholasBNicholasB
    Reactions: 1,195
    edited October 2018

Currently, the most active worlds are Bera and Reboot. (active as of these days)

A lot of people has been screaming for a merge/ally, since even Bera is very empty today.
    Of course there's a very very small group of people who doesn't want it to happen, and they'd even fight so it won't happen.

But the majority of maplers (probably 95%) definitely wants a merge/ally, and I'm pretty sure you're 1 of them as well, because who want to play in an empty server alone...

Also keep in mind that this game is an MMPORG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game)

"Massively Multiplayer" means that we must, MUST! have as many people as possible, and it also means that, it'd make no sense at all if we'd have an empty servers...

Again, it makes no sense at all because the game itself is an Massively Multiplayer....
    But then again, there'd be always those very few people who would go against it by saying that they like to be alone when nobody bother them, etc, which is again, not our fault at all, because this game itself must be an Massively Multiplayer, so basically, if anyone like an empty server and don't want merge/ally so we'd finally have a big server with as many people as possible then this is absolutely his problem.
    HuskyDMEtherFlower
    edited October 2018
    NicholasB wrote: »

Currently, the most active worlds are Bera and Reboot. (active as of these days)

A lot of people has been screaming for a merge/ally, since even Bera is very empty today.
    Of course there's a very very small group of people who doesn't want it to happen, and they'd even fight so it won't happen.

But the majority of maplers (probably 95%) definitely wants a merge/ally, and I'm pretty sure you're 1 of them as well, because who want to play in an empty server alone...

Also keep in mind that this game is an MMPORG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game)

"Massively Multiplayer" means that we must, MUST! have as many people as possible, and it also means that, it'd make no sense at all if we'd have an empty servers...

Again, it makes no sense at all because the game itself is an Massively Multiplayer....
    But then again, there'd be always those very few people who would go against it by saying that they like to be alone when nobody bother them, etc, which is again, not our fault at all, because this game itself must be an Massively Multiplayer, so basically, if anyone like an empty server and don't want merge/ally so we'd finally have a big server with as many people as possible then this is absolutely his problem.

How can it be 95% when a larger majority is most likely already in Bera or Reboot. And another large portion are the bots that don't care about what world theyre in. Can we stop using %s to sell an idea.
    EtherFlower
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2018

How can it be 95% when a larger majority is most likely already in Bera or Reboot. And another large portion are the bots that don't care about what world theyre in. Can we stop using %s to sell an idea.

Well what ever number you prefer or want to put on it doesn't change the fact that people in general want something to be done. action is what we want and what isn't being provided. if you have issues with the numbers look at the big picture.
    EtherFlower
    edited October 2018
    Numbers should be important in arguing a point, it's disingenuous to say something like 95% of people, when clearly more than 80%, maybe more, are split between Reboot and Bera, and Rebooters/Berans aren't asking for a merge. Only the stragglers are.

It's an issue of perspective, those that were left behind are looking for a populated area, but this issue that seems pressing to them in contrast isn't important to people in populated worlds (which makes up the majority), so is it really an important issue when the majority of the population is already where they want to be?
    EtherFlower
  • Football5Football5
    Reactions: 920
    edited October 2018

Actually, even Bera is a ghost town now.
    It takes forever to queue whenever I'm trying to boss, after 1-2 hours I just give up.
    EtherFlower
  • LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited October 2018
    Well, it may seem like a ghost town, but there are some people who are willing to talk to yah. It took me a while, but I was able to have a good conversation with a few people. I know we are complete strangers, but maybe we could try to invite some friends. I am trying to get a buddy into it, but they are more interested in WWC or Fortnight. But, there is hope.
    EtherFlower
  • EtherFlowerEtherFlower
    edited March 2019
    riza wrote: »

Bro the company did a random world merge which a lot of people "leaders" then made a market and moved to bera now they are botting and making a lot more profit also increased the hacker rate in ms1. So I mean if you want to still play it join bera and our alliance in federation we are anti hack and pretty good. if not ms1 join ms2 east server in na you be able to find those who will make the game great again :D

I see no point in it its not something that benefits me nor the Koreans. I say before they even add that in the game they should add a riza class the first black class in maplestory history. Once they add that we might consider it but yea I am not for it but if they add I wont be against it. Shout out to those who want it. I don't but gl and hope you find your thing.

RizaSaika#8726

RizaSaika#8726

RizaSaika#8726

RizaSaika#8726

RizaSaika#8726

• EtherFlowerEtherFlower
    edited March 2019
    Oh, sorry for not replying back. Also, thanks, man. It’s be to see a Black only class character.
  • EtherFlowerEtherFlower
    edited March 2019

• EtherFlowerEtherFlower
    edited March 2019
    Honestly, if an MMORPG has so many servers in it, then I preferred the servers merge. But, if some players refer to play a MMORPG alone, then MMORPGs should include Offline mode, so that way when these type of players want to play this game alone don’t have to deal with players who accidentally ksing other players’ monsters be in the way.
  • EtherFlowerEtherFlower
    edited March 2019
    Numbers should be important in arguing a point, it's disingenuous to say something like 95% of people, when clearly more than 80%, maybe more, are split between Reboot and Bera, and Rebooters/Berans aren't asking for a merge. Only the stragglers are.

It's an issue of perspective, those that were left behind are looking for a populated area, but this issue that seems pressing to them in contrast isn't important to people in populated worlds (which makes up the majority), so is it really an important issue when the majority of the population is already where they want to be?

• EtherFlowerEtherFlower
    edited March 2019
    Well, it may seem like a ghost town, but there are some people who are willing to talk to yah. It took me a while, but I was able to have a good conversation with a few people. I know we are complete strangers, but maybe we could try to invite some friends. I am trying to get a buddy into it, but they are more interested in WWC or Fortnight. But, there is hope.

• EtherFlowerEtherFlower
    edited March 2019
    Maybe, Bera should merge with mostly other servers to make Bera feel less of a ghost town.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    Holy christ, not only did you necro this thread with nothing worthwhile to add but you also seem to have neglected the existence of the edit button.
    KuronekonovaEtherFlower
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Doing nothing is a lot easier than doing something.
    EtherFlower
This discussion has been closed.