[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Event feedback -- let's sum things up

BDanBDan
Reactions: 885
edited October 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I've been perusing a lot of criticism about recent MS events (including one that I posted a year ago) and I've come up with a reply to all of them:

The underlying problem is, frankly, that maplers have been spoiled by Nexon having created too many events. 10 years ago when I first started playing, we were lucky to get 1 or 2 events ALL YEAR (compared to the 3 simultaneous ones currently going on). There were no Hot Weeks, no Sunny Sundays; just a Christmas/New Year's event and a Maple Anniversary event.

Bottom line guys, be happy you have so many events as it is because we older guys didn't have them for the first few years.
Nexon, consider perhaps making fewer, more in depth and engaging events that last longer and allow player to reap better rewards rather than shorter events with trifling rewards.

I want to hear thoughts from players and Nexon on this one.

FuhreakLaicalasse

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    The events sadly keep players coming back.
    I think what Nexon really needs to do is push party play a lot harder.
    Make some of these events reward players more for being a little social. Even if only for a few minutes.
    If we got an event that lasted all season and had a higher quality than the current events, I'd be in favor of less events, however...
    As of right now, while I like the idea of events with more depth/engage, I don't think Nexon should do anything to risk hurting the already low player base.
  • tggt00tggt00
    Reactions: 400
    edited October 2018
    So **** true.
    That's it I don't have anything else to say.. you're just right.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2018
    Ok grandpa you can go to bed now
    Mikulover
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited October 2018
    the only question I have is, where are the totems?!?
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited October 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    The events sadly keep players coming back.
    I think what Nexon really needs to do is push party play a lot harder.
    Make some of these events reward players more for being a little social. Even if only for a few minutes.
    If we got an event that lasted all season and had a higher quality than the current events, I'd be in favor of less events, however...
    As of right now, while I like the idea of events with more depth/engage, I don't think Nexon should do anything to risk hurting the already low player base.

what ever happened to party play zones? zones like lion heart castle and stronghold were the main reasons that I played this game and now there gone. The only reason that I still play this game is because my brother plays.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    crimson24 wrote: »
    what ever happened to party play zones? zones like lion heart castle and stronghold were the main reasons that I played this game and now there gone. The only reason that I still play this game is because my brother plays.

They still claim to exist when you enter the maps, but I don't think the bonus actually applies anymore?
    I'm not entirely sure, as it's basically impossible to find a group of people who don't just solo-play.
    If we want party play back, we need to show Nexon that we want it back.
    Make grind parties, level up mules in parties, etc. It might be slower, (it doesn't have to be) but it's a lot more fun.
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited October 2018
    I keep looking at the events and my thoughts range from: "Annoying waste of time.", "Might be able to get something if I had no life because the duration is too short." and "Oh great, another Hot Week, I guess I should log in every day even though that means I'm associating the game with tedium."
    I'm really not sure that the current event behaviour is beneficial to the game. If you use Fear Of Missing Out as something to encourage people to play, you end up with people that Actually Are Missing Out. Those people are getting a second class game experience which is substandard. And if you are giving out gameplay affecting rewards from you events, then you now need to balance the game between players with two different stat levels. Good luck with that mess.
    Fuhreak
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    edited October 2018
    They just need to evaluate if players are going to actually going to care about the events. All the rewards lately have sucked besides cosmetic items, unless that's the direction they are trying to go in for event rewards.