[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.232 Blooming Forest Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fix Dark Knight and Paladin hyper skill upgrades

crimson24crimson24
Reactions: 815
Posts: 102
Member
edited October 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
for some reason paladin and dark knight are two of the only classes that do not have their main mobbing skill on their hyper skill upgrades. Even hero has raging blow as an upgrade, why isn't dark impale or charge on the hyper skill upgrades for these classes. I suggest a simple fix.

for paladin remove heaven's hammer from hyper skill upgrades and add charge skill buffs.
for dark knight remove final pact from hyper skill upgrades and add dark impale buffs.

Comments

  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 1,860
    Posts: 199
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Hahahahaha
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    Posts: 104
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Absolutely not. Final pact buffs are fine as they are. There is no need to remove the buffs for Dark Knight's primary bossing skill + fallback (as final pact and gungnir are linked) in place of Dark Impale. That's buffed by V nodes anyway.
    DarkPassenger
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Absolutely not. Final pact buffs are fine as they are. There is no need to remove the buffs for Dark Knight's primary bossing skill + fallback (as final pact and gungnir are linked) in place of Dark Impale. That's buffed by V nodes anyway.

    the final pact buffs are not fine the way they are. the final pact buffs are weak in comparison to the dark impale buffs that should be there. classes that have their mobbing skill on hyper upgrades have big advantage over dark knight/paladin currently. even hero has raging blow on its upgrades. the devs need to be consistent, almost every other class has their mobbing skill on hyper skill upgrades besides paladin and dark knight.

    I have no idea why any dark knight player would want to keep final damage buffs that only work when you prevent yourself from dying and does nothing the rest of the time.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited October 2018
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    Hahahahaha
    you are a troll. you need to learn about the game before posting. try actually making these classes at a decent level before posting your nonsense.

    it seems like several regulars in the forums are opposed to any new ideas or anything that changes the current state of the game. seems like some of you need to get a life instead of trying to prevent people from giving the devs ideas on how to make the game better.

    I have been playing this game since at least 2006 and have about 40-50 characters around lv 150+ and several 200s.(including my old account)
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited October 2018
    idk friend, first marksman, now you have a problem with dark knight and paladin. Maybe you don't know how to play the classes or understand the toolbox each has.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited October 2018
    idk friend, first marksman, now you have a problem with dark knight and paladin. Maybe you don't know how to play the classes or understand the toolbox each has.

    I have a problem with many of the classes in this game, there are a lot of classes and a lot of issues with balance in this game.(even though the balance now is probably better than it was in the past) battlemage is another class that should have its mobbing/bossing ability on its hyper skill upgrades.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Just one person's opinion; the people that main those classes very well adapted to that fact. If youre starting off the class, naturally classes youre not used to seem weak to you.

    Why change the game to appease you, when you can adapt to it and thrive.

    When V Matrix cores allow up to level 60 for boost nodes; which gives final damage, hyper passives seem very insignificant.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Just one person's opinion; the people that main those classes very well adapted to that fact. If youre starting off the class, naturally classes youre not used to seem weak to you.

    Why change the game to appease you, when you can adapt to it and thrive.
    I am recommending changes that I think would make the game better. you shouldn't have to adapt to a major issue that a class has. The issue should be fixed and the game should be as close to balanced as possible. that's why I am making these threads.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 1,860
    Posts: 199
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    crimson24 wrote: »
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    Hahahahaha
    you are a troll. you need to learn about the game before posting. try actually making these classes at a decent level before posting your nonsense.

    it seems like several regulars in the forums are opposed to any new ideas or anything that changes the current state of the game. seems like some of you need to get a life instead of trying to prevent people from giving the devs ideas on how to make the game better.

    I have been playing this game since at least 2006 and have about 40-50 characters around lv 150+ and several 200s.(including my old account)

    The problem with your balancing is that you don't use any proof at all. Your balancing is based off of your feelings lol. If there's any form of trolling when it comes to game balance it's how you think a game should be balanced.

    I'm willing to bet you'd see a different class do more damage than you and think your class is to weak. Oh wait, you already did that. But go ahead, keep ignoring the people who have multiples of 150+ characters.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited October 2018
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    crimson24 wrote: »
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    Hahahahaha
    you are a troll. you need to learn about the game before posting. try actually making these classes at a decent level before posting your nonsense.

    it seems like several regulars in the forums are opposed to any new ideas or anything that changes the current state of the game. seems like some of you need to get a life instead of trying to prevent people from giving the devs ideas on how to make the game better.

    I have been playing this game since at least 2006 and have about 40-50 characters around lv 150+ and several 200s.(including my old account)

    The problem with your balancing is that you don't use any proof at all. Your balancing is based off of your feelings lol. If there's any form of trolling when it comes to game balance it's how you think a game should be balanced.

    I'm willing to bet you'd see a different class do more damage than you and think your class is to weak. Oh wait, you already did that. But go ahead, keep ignoring the people who have multiples of 150+ characters.

    you still don't know what your talking about. my main is not even a hero or marksman its a night lord. do I really need to list all of the classes with their main mobbing skill on their hyper skill upgrades? What I'm discussing is just common sense, it is well known that most of the classes in the game have their mobbing skill on hyper skill upgrades. my "feelings" are generally right because I have been playing many different jobs at a decently high level for a long time.(10 years+)
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited October 2018
    None of the changes youre requesting are "major issues", theyre issues to you alone.
    Fuhreak
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 1,860
    Posts: 199
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    crimson24 wrote: »
    you still don't know what your talking about. my main is not even a hero or marksman its a night lord. do I really need to list all of the classes with their main mobbing skill on their hyper skill upgrades? What I'm discussing is just common sense, it is well known that most of the classes in the game have their mobbing skill on hyper skill upgrades. my "feelings" are generally right because I have been playing many different jobs at a decently high level for a long time.(10 years+)

    If your main isn't even the classes you're talking about here then you have no right to propose "proper" balance. The fact that you think you know more about this game than anyone else is quite the elitist attitude to take even when you're shown actual proof that you're wrong.
    DarkPassengerFuhreak
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    Posts: 132
    Member
    edited October 2018
    I propose you take a break from playing actual classes. Go make a Perma Noblesse, there's an achievement you can get for reaching level 200.
  • UserRedUserRed
    Reactions: 1,590
    Posts: 101
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Corsairs don't have Hypers for Eight Legs Easton either and we're perfectly fine. 5th Job perfectly compensates for this, as do the 5th jobs of Dark Knight and Paladin, Dark Knight having 2, soon to be 3 waveclear 5th Job Skills and Paladin having their Hammers. Some skills were given no hypers for balance reasons.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited October 2018
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    crimson24 wrote: »
    you still don't know what your talking about. my main is not even a hero or marksman its a night lord. do I really need to list all of the classes with their main mobbing skill on their hyper skill upgrades? What I'm discussing is just common sense, it is well known that most of the classes in the game have their mobbing skill on hyper skill upgrades. my "feelings" are generally right because I have been playing many different jobs at a decently high level for a long time.(10 years+)

    If your main isn't even the classes you're talking about here then you have no right to propose "proper" balance. The fact that you think you know more about this game than anyone else is quite the elitist attitude to take even when you're shown actual proof that you're wrong.

    ive played these classes for hundreds of hours what are you talking about. based on your post you don't seem to know much about any of these classes. I don't expect yourself or most people to really know most classes because most people haven't played nearly all of them like I have. The problem I have with you is that you obviously don't know what your talking about yet you tell me i'm wrong when ive been playing the classes I have discussed at a high level for many years.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited October 2018
    UserRed wrote: »
    Corsairs don't have Hypers for Eight Legs Easton either and we're perfectly fine. 5th Job perfectly compensates for this, as do the 5th jobs of Dark Knight and Paladin, Dark Knight having 2, soon to be 3 waveclear 5th Job Skills and Paladin having their Hammers. Some skills were given no hypers for balance reasons.

    dark impale and charge aren't even strong abilities.(charge and dark impale are both mediocre at best) balance is not the reason that they left these skills off of hypers. eight legs Easton has a high % but corsair doesn't have strong passive/active buffs. i believe that nearly all mobbing skills including eight legs Easton should be on hyper skill upgrades.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 6,820
    Posts: 1,271
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    crimson24 wrote: »
    it seems like several regulars in the forums are opposed to any new ideas or anything that changes the current state of the game. seems like some of you need to get a life instead of trying to prevent people from giving the devs ideas on how to make the game better.
    I told you in the previous thread. You need to learn to defend your ideas.
    You can not claim that something is wrong with the game, provide no evidence and refuse to refute evidence provided against you.
    You MUST provide an idea, support that idea, and provide evidence which suggests that your change is a good one.
    When your idea is challenged, provide some compromise, or provide evidence to suggest their challenge is irrelevant.

    In your marksman thread, you suggest that marksman is weak due to not gaining FD in certain circumstances.
    You were then provided evidence against this claim, claiming that it was fine.
    Rather than adapting to new evidence, you just insult their character, calling them a troll or saying they don't know what they're talking about.

    You come across as extremely toxic and elitist. This is not a good way to present your ideas.
    You need to adapt your technique to be more respectful of your peers.
    If you disagree with a suggestion that someone else makes, you would want them to respect your views on the matter.
    DarkPassengercrimson24ChroniusNightmare
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Also keep in mind you're proposing the change of classes, so the community naturally will go against it if the idea isn't being supported logically. Doesn't matter how long you've played the game, the evidence behind the idea is what rallies support.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    Posts: 102
    Member
    edited October 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    crimson24 wrote: »
    it seems like several regulars in the forums are opposed to any new ideas or anything that changes the current state of the game. seems like some of you need to get a life instead of trying to prevent people from giving the devs ideas on how to make the game better.
    I told you in the previous thread. You need to learn to defend your ideas.
    You can not claim that something is wrong with the game, provide no evidence and refuse to refute evidence provided against you.
    You MUST provide an idea, support that idea, and provide evidence which suggests that your change is a good one.
    When your idea is challenged, provide some compromise, or provide evidence to suggest their challenge is irrelevant.

    In your marksman thread, you suggest that marksman is weak due to not gaining FD in certain circumstances.
    You were then provided evidence against this claim, claiming that it was fine.
    Rather than adapting to new evidence, you just insult their character, calling them a troll or saying they don't know what they're talking about.

    You come across as extremely toxic and elitist. This is not a good way to present your ideas.
    You need to adapt your technique to be more respectful of your peers.
    If you disagree with a suggestion that someone else makes, you would want them to respect your views on the matter.

    thanks for the feedback. I feel that I did defend my ideas and provided evidence, maybe I can do a better job. I have learned from playing other games that many people on the forums are just going to troll you and disagree with what you say regardless of if your claims are legitimate or not. I made these threads hoping that the devs would read them.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,955
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited October 2018
    you realize the devs would want solid reasoning as well, they just wont read a suggestion and say " why the hell not"
    ChroniusNightmare