[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

while you are at it, remove farmvil as welll

fubs100000000fubs100000000
Reactions: 1,120
edited October 2016 in General Chat
now that starplanet has been removed it only makes sense to remove farmvil {insert reason here for removing star planet}

has anyone tried fishing yet? is it better than farmvil or worse? is there any reward worth doing from there?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    The real reasons for the removal of Star Planet were:
    - it was always being used by hackers for item generation and dupe hacks
    - it was exploited by botters to gain large amounts of Reward Points (which are almost real money) on multiple accounts.
    What Nexon said about the 1%/5% was not the reason for removal, it was their explanation why removal won't hurt anyone.

Monster Life, on the other hand, is harmless. So, since it takes no effort on Nexon's side to keep it going, might as well let the few people who enjoy it keep doing so.

As for fishing, from what I hear, you can't get anything worthwhile from it without buying NX.
    Lilyflower
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited October 2016
    Yes get rid of it

But keep the profile pic thing
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Suggesting to remove content just because some other content was removed.... pretty sad. I enjoy it and it benefits all my chars. Likewise many others enjoy it so just don't use it if you don't want to and let the people who do enjoy.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited October 2016
    I disagree about closing maple "farmville," because for some players need some of the "useful" buffs that the monsters give, such as -% MP consumption or passive MP recovery while attacking. There's not many fun factors about it at all however if Nexon wanted to, they could "merge" farmville with star planet. Just add reward points and delete the minigames.

Reward Points can be distributed daily for doing tasks like combining 10 monsters a day, obtaining a certain amount of Warus each day, or leveling up. Nexon just needs to put in the effort to do so, which is very unlikely knowing how Nexon is with giving players "freebies".
    liljayyyyLilyflower
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    what the hell is farmvil?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    DepressedAran

what the hell is farmvil?
    Monster Life, which is very very similar to a facebook game called Farmville.
    Lilyflower
  • DepressedAranDepressedAran
    Reactions: 640
    edited October 2016
    Played Maplestory for the last 2 years. I've never heard of Monster Life or Farmvil.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    DepressedAran

Played Maplestory for the last 2 years. I've never heard of Monster Life or Farmvil.
    You've never double-clicked on a character and noticed the "Farm Info" tab to the left of their main "Character Info" window?
    Never opened your Menu and noticed the "Visit Farm" option at the bottom?
    Never run into a strange monster in a map it doesn't belong, who instead of taking numerical damage displayed messages inviting you to Monster Life? (These show up really often in Commerci Union voyages)

OK then.
    Lilyflower
  • liljayyyyliljayyyy
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited October 2016
    Just because you don't use it, doesn't really mean no one use it. I know there are a group of people across different world who make use of that content on a daily basis since -cough level 40 farm-

And like AznboiE said there are some stuff there I believe to be useful to some people too
  • JorjaxJorjax
    Reactions: 865
    edited October 2016
    Yeah let remove another content that increase are range by 15% of the margin. That's a good idea whoever suggested + Lesser way to increase range for 5th job.

Some of the stuffs like from Monster farm is pretty useless, let me give yall some examples.
    +15% Final Damage (This is what you want for 5th job)
    5% Boss Damage (Free boss stats)
    4% Critical Rate (Free critical rate)
    4% minimum critical damage/max/etc
    5% Buff duration
    8% exp reduction loss upon death
    5% ignore defense (Not sure if it there).
    + Atk for range
    + Stats for range
    +1 mob count for all skills
    Etc.

Oh i forgot to mentioned, you can exchange Waru (Monster farm currency) for spell traces, pots, and level 100 gears too for unfunded mules or extracted for more superior item crystals.

To give you a good estimation, a fully level 40 farms + end-game buildings can get you nearly a stack of one or two spell traces a day. (Depending how often you get online to claims those).

Such a bad content right? Let totally remove monster farm guys~

I'm all in favor for this whoever suggested.

+1
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    Don't remove monster life it's fun for me.
  • GlirotusGlirotus
    Reactions: 1,520
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I use Monster Life daily but I don't spend all day on it at most I spend up to 2 - 4 min on it lol

I think it gives players a nice stat boost. I just need more space to place junk.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited October 2016
    There are people that already invested extreme amount of time into it to justify removing without compensation.
    You guys have nothing to lose since you never started, that why you guys would consider removing without a thought.

"+1 mob count for all skills" is extremely useful to certain classes that has their highest damaging skills capped at low mob count for training purposes (Shade Spirit Claw, Kanna Vanquisher charm, Mihile Four-Point Assault,... )
    "+1 second invincibility duration when attacked", pretty much make all your characters 4x tankier and get knockback much less often.

These potential lines you would not consider even spending money to get affect all your characters, so it make training new characters much much easier.