[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Korean Folk town - Chim Seung

DrCaduDrCadu
Reactions: 300
edited November 2018 in Bug Reporting
Theres a bug with the Korean Folk town Chim Seug quest as soon as you enter the portal through (Black Valley) you meet Chim Seung do the chats and have to fight Chims goons. After you beat them the map flashes a few times and you are left in the map with a timer on and cannot move or click or do anything until the timer runs down. [img][/img][img][/img]Chim%20Seung%20bug_zpsarlr9grk.png

Comments

• AACMIVAACMIV
    Reactions: 1,120
    edited December 2017
    Bug type: Quest

Brief bug summary:Finding Shim Chung Again not working

More details: In the Korean Folk Town quest, Finding Shim Chung Again, you go to a map called Deep Waters. When you talk to the NPC to continue, 4 mobs are summoned, when the mobs are killed AT THE SAME TIME WITH THE SLOW DEBUFF, the scene that plays afterwards stops partway through, leaving the player stuck until the area timer hits zero.

Steps to reproduce: Try to complete the quest, Finding Shim Chung Again, perfectibility as Cadena, while killing the first 4 mobs with the slow debuff at the same time

Character name: AACMChain

Character level: 135

Character job: Cadena

World name: Scania

Date and time of the incident: 10:10, EST
  • meeoutzidemeeoutzide
    Reactions: 805
    edited December 2017
    character job: Mechanic
    I had the same problem. I attempted the quest multiple times. Finally, I dismounted before I killed the last mob, then the quest continued without any problems and I was able to finish the quest.
    character job: Jett
    I had no problem going through that quest.

I think the character job may stop the quest or something with the buffs.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited December 2017
    The only way around this is to defeat the mobs one at a time. A stupid glitch though.
  • PastafarianPastafarian
    Reactions: 1,010
    edited November 2018
    Had the same issue today with my Demon Avenger slicing all the thugs through with Lunar Slash. But @PirateIzzy's workaround let me continue. Thanks, Izzy!
  • PastafarianPastafarian
    edited November 2018
    It's been reported before. Killing the goons one at a time should let you proceed.

See http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/19154/quest-korean-folk-town-quest-bug
    DrCadu
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    It's been reported before. Killing the goons one at a time should let you proceed.

See http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/19154/quest-korean-folk-town-quest-bug

You do not need to bump every thread you find on the subject, especially considering at least one of these threads was necro'd from 7 months ago.
    One post is enough.
  • PastafarianPastafarian
    edited November 2018
    Sorry about bumping the months old one, especially since it already had a good answer. But this one was only days old, and hadn't been answered yet.
  • DrCaduDrCadu
    Reactions: 300
    edited November 2018

Thanks for the info Pastafarian. Tried searching in the forums for an answer but non came up. So the information was helpful, despite what anyone else says. Will try hitting them one at a time.

Thank you again.

:D