[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Player Memo : A Reply to Nexon, broken system

Comments

• Roni777Roni777
    Reactions: 1,180
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    From what i experience, only several players who can solo chaos vellum with 2 mill range. You can go around and asking how many people who can actually solo chaos vellum with 2 mill range. mostpeople can't. The only thing i can think of that you get someone to kill cra and hellux for you and carried you. Possibly Damien and Lotus too. Coz i have tried 4 chars levelling to level 200, and I barely can get to more than 300k range.

Can you guide me how is it possible for you to get to level 205 and able to solo cra and cvell especially without farming? to level to 205 doesn't really need 6 months. I can get them in 1-2 weeks. My best record is 3 days to level 200 levelling my cadena and illium on the event when they first came out.. but the problem is we need to farm to become strong or legally bypass by getting strong players to kill hard bosses for us so we can get the strong equips

And how long did it takes you to get to 2 mill range without farming ?is it clean range without any buff?

Out of 1000 players, how many players do you think can do similar to what you do? Do you think 900 players can do similar without them quitting before they reached the same point as yours? My own estimation, barely 10 out of 1000 players can do similar to you.

So far I have played this game, I have met a lot of high level players in game. So far I have only met 1 player who can solo chaos vellum with 2 mill range.. And that is because he is using Aran, a class that benefit from 0 attack speed cap. He is also super experience on maplestory game. You are the 2nd one. and I bet there are only small numbers who can. Same estimation, probably only 10 out of 1000 players who can solo chaos vellum with 2 mill clean range, or might even less. Coz I know several players who can't even solo chaos vellum with 5 mill range
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Roni777 wrote: »
    From what i experience, only several players who can solo chaos vellum with 2 mill range. You can go around and asking how many people who can actually solo chaos vellum with 2 mill range. mostpeople can't. The only thing i can think of that you get someone to kill cra and hellux for you and carried you. Possibly Damien and Lotus. Coz i have tried 4 chars levelling to level 200, and I barely can get to more than 300k range. Can you guide me how is it possible for you to get to level 205 and able to solo cra and cvell especially without farming?

I didn't solo them at 205, 205 is just when I actually started to focus on my character.
    From that point it was around 6 months later (Level 221) that I was able to solo CRA, a few levels later (224) I was able to solo CVel as well.
    I could have probably killed them all with a party at 205 though. My progress has always been incredibly slow because I have no bossing party. (I don't mean carries.)
    That was about 2 months ago.

The thing is most people think this is a solo game. It's not.
    If you want to kill bosses at an earlier level without being carried, try fighting them like Nexon intended, in a party.

Edit: Also as far as range goes, it's just a number. It doesn't mean that much. Some characters have inflated ranges.
    When I killed CVel I probably did "only" have about 2m range. But that doesn't mean anything.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Did you kill chaos vellum with pensalir / level 140 equips? or do you have level 150+ equips already when you soloed cra?

I know how hard it is to kill cra coz i was gathering 6 people to kill cra and did around 8 hours of trial before my party can kill it. So i know how hard it is. And it is on the assumption that i did farm mesos before i can get to the point have barely enough strength to kill it in party. I did get those cra top bottom and hat with team. Only chaos vellum i got carried. Coz after 2 weeks of trial, it was way too hard even with 6 people. The difficulty increase the more people you have in party. luckily after 2 weeks, I met that super experience Aran who can solo chaos vellum with 2 mill range and who can also solo Damien with 3 mill range. After that, i have never seen anyone like him ever again.

And i still need you to guide me how you can get to 1 mill range without farming at level 205. Coz i did farm long hours for weeks before I can reach 800k damage range at level 200. I levelled up 4 chars and it hardly can get more than 200k damage range without mesos farming. And currently I am funding my lumi with billions + carries on every aspect. It barely touch 800k range now.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Did you kill chaos vellum with pensalir / level 140 equips? or do you have level 150+ equips already when you soloed cra?

I had the CRA set due to soloing them first.
    I know how hard it is to kill cra coz i was gathering 6 people to kill cra and did around 8 hours of trial before my party can kill it.

But 8 hours is better than spending a few months of getting ready to solo it, right?
    The Aran you speak of probably just knows their class extremely well. If 2m really is low for an Aran (I'm not sure, I don't play them.) then that's impressive.
    All of my gear is garbage really. The best piece I have is probably only +21% main stat. I don't really care too much though, I'm still able to one shot mobs in Arcane River, so that's all I care about.
    Even if I can't boss well, I don't care because I only want to progress in the story.
    The funding experience might be different for me if I was trying to kill bosses. But I've only ever really focused on grind.
    I'm still able to get about 5-10% per day if I can actually sit down and do it for 2 hours or so.

Bossing is a social element of the game.
    Unless you're playing the game with a party or something, I'd say just avoid it until you're out leveling the content so hard you can just solo it.

Edit:
    And i still need you to guide me how you can get to 1 mill range without farming at level 205.
    My advice is to stop worrying about it so much.
    DarkPassenger
  • ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited November 2018
    Asters wrote: »
    1- i wouldnt mind removing kishin if we get all maps fixed with better spawn and frenzy gets removed as well.

2- for mesos need, it'd be nice if we get sheilding scrolls from events and starforce discount more often because we boom items we burn billions for few stars on tyrants and way more for +12 star items ...... we get them destroyed too...

3- giving us weekly 2x like before.

4- more stable servers

just provide us with alternatives .

hackers dont put a single effort in anything , if kishin is blocked , class is nerfed its all good they will vaccum mobs and drops anyways .

for normal players it's a must. since items get changed, from set to another, items break over and over.new challenging contents come way faster & becoming impossible for their current abilities .

1. they never removed frenzy , the frenzy is $$ for they , now they removing frenzy and change to drop or a buff of attack or blabla soon, then they have by obligation change the frenzy low % of spam of monster ( mm how a kishin practically and passive ( yes the user whit frenzy change of map this effect disappears) is the unic metod for fix in part this

2. these events will never return unfortunately

3. they that is impossible to nexon does not guarantee gains by making exp and reaching the top of many lvl, the past events were due to the subsequent events of it under the huge game performance, plus many old events such as scrolls pet of attack, androids scrolls heart, anniversary 100% scroll and others and with the closing of star planet for example, disappeared and now to this day the game is literally "money"

4. more stables servers , the problem of the servers is not to today, it is years and the solution was, now the hackers have always existed, all think of hackers kannas the problem when there are today hackers arks. dual blades, blasters more than kannas hackers now: S, nerf all ?? solved this? or rather the game must enter a stand by and closed for 5 days to fix all the problems, closing singapore do not fix anything, florida beach example
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    ruth02 wrote: »
    -snip-

Not to be rude, but I can barely understand this post.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    @Fuhreak, coz it is impossible now to get to level 205 with 1 mill range clean without farming. And that requires players to die over and over again for the sake of farming. if you grind normally when you reach level 205 without farming, you will mostlikely end up at around 100k-200k or at most 300k damage range clean. So pls guide me how to get level 205 with 1 mill range clean without farming. So i can teach and help new players in reboot server. Just give me short explanation is fine.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    @Fuhreak, coz it is impossible now to get to level 205 with 1 mill range clean without farming. And that requires players to die over and over again for the sake of farming. if you grind normally when you reach level 205 without farming, you will mostlikely end up at around 100k-200k or at most 300k damage range clean. So pls guide me how to get level 205 with 1 mill range clean without farming. So i can teach and help new players in reboot server. Just give me short explanation is fine.

The short version is, you don't. The 100k-300k I'd say is spot on. But once you hit that point either party up to make up for your short comings, or just don't boss until later.
    Ultimately the point of bossing is to either get better gear or have fun.

Just get decent potentials (They don't have to be legendary) and get everything to at least 12 stars.
    You don't need 1m range clean. I didn't have it until probably around 215 and I never felt the need for more range. (For the sake of grind)
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Okay. that is all I need. Impossible to reach 1 mill clean at level 205 without mesos farming and die over and over again. even with 300k damage range, it is way too low for level 205 and as players keep pushing for higher level, the range need will be much higher. mostlikely if players keep pushing till level 220, they will only have around 700k damage range without farming. that is wayt oo low for level 220. players will probably only get around 20mill mesos perhour farming at level 220+ map with 700k damage range.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    -snip-

I think you might be missing the point that you don't need 1mil range...
    But as long as you're happy I guess.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Yes. you are missing my point too. but it is okay, as long as you and I are happy, it is fine. I am just trying to show the fact to Nexon. My explanation is clear enough up there. I believe GM understand what i meant
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2018
    I beg to differ, I was able to reach 2mil without farming in reboot. Took time, but I did it with daily boss crystals. All my stuff is legendary and even made drop gear.

The hours you spend farming mesos, you could be training. And you don't need to train in arcane, alternate maps give less exp but have less hp, i.e scrapyard.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2018
    Everyone would be fine if all maps got all spawn rates boosted to that which kishin gives, remove kishin or modify it to be a DPS skill and rework Kanna to be a DPS class instead of a 1 trick pony support class that practically fails in every other category. Now about Frenzy Totem, why not change it to give a Kinship Ring effect, rename it the Kinship Totem, and boost all party members' EXP gain by 15% , which is like making any party with a frenzy totem Kinship Totem a portable party play map.

Also have it multiply with the main exp boosters and stack with buff type exp boosters, which makes it slightly more valuable than HS since HS is a flat rate where if you had a 4x multiplier the 15% becomes 60% AND stacks with HS so you can still bring along that Bishop, no one would really have a problem with it because it's literally just 15% exp bonus but it can stack with other boosters instead of stacking seperately with buffs like HS and Mercedes' link skill.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    @Darkpassenger. That is one idea. have long forgotten bossing coz it is so boring to me. To make a lot of chars to bossing everyday. So yeah, there is one way, is to make a lot of chars and do bossing everyday while waiting until your main char can get to 2 mill clean range. but farming mesos is not possible anymore, or least possible. And yes, we need farming maps. But going to non- arcane maps result in no Nodes and no droplets. but still possible. I am agree to this.

But i have just thinking another of another statement. That leveling nowadays is a burden coz the higher your level is , the more damage you need. You don;t want to level up, unless you boss for long time until you have enough mesos to fund your main char. Before you gain enough strength, levelling/grinding will just be a burden. the more you level up, it actually craete disadvantage to players. a simply broken game for me. A game discourage their players to stop levelling coz the higher their level, they might get a huge disadvantage

@Aznboie that is another solutions. But right now, you don't want exp buff. I would love if maple actually give me a skill to reduce exp gain. I bet most players would say yes, if they are asked, do you want a skill to stop gaining exp or stop levelling? 90% now I believe will say yes. I want to stop leveling. Coz levelling more to creating a burden and disadvantage than a boost haha. what a broken game
    edited November 2018
    AznboiE wrote: »
    Everyone would be fine if all maps got all spawn rates boosted to that which kishin gives, remove kishin or modify it to be a DPS skill and rework Kanna to be a DPS class instead of a 1 trick pony support class that practically fails in every other category. Now about Frenzy Totem, why not change it to give a Kinship Ring effect, rename it the Kinship Totem, and boost all party members' EXP gain by 15% , which is like making any party with a frenzy totem Kinship Totem a portable party play map.

Also have it multiply with the main exp boosters and stack with buff type exp boosters, which makes it slightly more valuable than HS since HS is a flat rate where if you had a 4x multiplier the 15% becomes 60% AND stacks with HS so you can still bring along that Bishop, no one would really have a problem with it because it's literally just 15% exp bonus but it can stack with other boosters instead of stacking seperately with buffs like HS and Mercedes' link skill.

you think people will spin marvel for a kinship totem?
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2018

They already do for a ring that increases map exp gain by 100% per use that doesn't even stack with any other bonuses besides itself.
    edited November 2018
    AznboiE wrote: »

They already do for a ring that increases map exp gain by 100% per use that doesn't even stack with any other bonuses besides itself.

yeah but that pairs nice with current frenzy
  • KushyDragonKushyDragon
    Reactions: 1,715
    edited November 2018
    Guess Roni, you're wanting more mesos for cubes so you can cube more.

I'll let you know It's an expensive service in regular servers.

Just play the game normally and progress through it...

Reboot is supposed to be more effort after all since there's no trade allowed.

Also suiciding kannas? That's on the players themselves. Nexon never intended Kishin to be used as a means for meso farming to begin with.

Also PS: You joined MapleStory out of any other game and have been playing it.

People who exploit methods and such, It's always a matter of time until Nexon drops the hammer and changes things up.

PSS: Remember this, Nexon America has to follow Daddy KMS' footsteps, because they think they'll make as much money as nexon Korea does. I think they forgot that most people at least for GMS were part of the western world, and sapping the money out of our pockets is a little harder than in KMS.
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited November 2018
    reducing meso and exp obtained based on your level was a stupid change. removing Singapore(the only farming area for its level) was also a stupid change. because of these 2 changes I am forced to abandon my level 180 kanna and make a completely new suicide bye bye kanna.