[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[New] Sharing Tag

BreezyXBreezyX
Reactions: 900
edited September 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Can we get some type of Permanent Sharing tag between two characters that would allow us to transfer Cash Shop Items and Untradeable equips just between those two characters and there would be no limit or expiration on this Sharing Tag. The only catch would be that only two characters would be allowed at one time and if you wanted to change the characters that share items you would have to buy another Sharing Tag.
  1. Do you think we should have a Permanent Sharing Tag like this?9 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (9 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    So if I have one character strong enough to defeat weekly bosses, I could just make another one who can use all their gear? Instantly double my boss clears, for just the price of a single "Permanent Sharing Tag", instead of investing in a full set of gear for the second character?
    Doesn't sound like something Nexon would go for.
  • BreezyXBreezyX
    Reactions: 900
    edited September 2018
    AKradian wrote: »
    So if I have one character strong enough to defeat weekly bosses, I could just make another one who can use all their gear? Instantly double my boss clears, for just the price of a single "Permanent Sharing Tag", instead of investing in a full set of gear for the second character?
    Doesn't sound like something Nexon would go for.

Or they could at least make are untradeable equips tradable like Sweet Water equips and totems within account with a tag or something even if it's one time thing.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2018
    BreezyX wrote: »
    Or they could at least make are untradeable equips tradable like Sweet Water equips and totems within account with a tag or something even if it's one time thing.

Sweetwater equips are completely tradeable until equipped. As far as I'm aware, you can also use Platinum Scissors of Karma on them.

Unless you're in Reboot, in which case there is no trading period.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

Sweetwater equips are completely tradeable until equipped. As far as I'm aware, you can also use Platinum Scissors of Karma on them.

You can't use PSoKs on Sweetwater equips. They're fully untradable once equipped.
    FaustoLXIX
  • FaustoLXIXFaustoLXIX
    Reactions: 500
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Neospector wrote: »

I was just googling about what was the sharing tag for and i got this result from google (for context)

Oh my god, seriously, no offense but... when was the last time you played the game? sweetwater gear being lock forever to the character its one of the biggest complaints with it (please don't bring the whole psok before transpose)

As for the actual topic, i would love to be able to move equipment within account and lose its tradable state once i equip it again, this would be helpful for items i need to cube/reflame and the mule i was training happens to get one that its untradable ( untradable flames or cubes are a thing specially from events specially CSS) but i just cant freely equip and unequip, obviously to avoid exploits, but like...... specially since the flame update, sometimes i wish i had the chance to move some of my faf gears within account to reflame my stuff with legion shop flames <<<<<<

• raferwaferraferwafer
    Reactions: 400
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    I definitely agree that the Sweet Water equips that were used to transpose before hand need some sort of trade system implemented considering they're now obsolete and outdated. The fact they are account bound and the only way around it is a trick which allows it to be traded one time is a bit ridiculous. With all the effort put into transposing gear, it'd be nice to be able to sell the items for a fraction of what was invested or even use it on an alternate character since it's no longer BiS equipment.

Sure people could argue that it would ruin the market and the desire for arcane gear would drop, but an easy counter to that is definitely the Sharing Tag. Even if it's account bound it's still useful on another rather than sitting there taking up space.

Albeit I don't agree with the permanent sharing tag, a sharing tag should be bought for each instance you desire the item to be traded; just like a psok. Nexon should definitely look into doing something with Sweet Water equipment after gimping it with flames and making it obsolete.