[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Practically a Nooblet! XD

Comments

• zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited November 2018
    Best way to get around imo is maple guide. Takes me almost everywhere i want to go on a daily basis. Combined with the dimensional portals in certain towns it makes most of my daily boss runs pretty quick. Only magnus and gollux require me to ask a boss teleport from guildies.
    Here's another way to get around I'm surprised nobody has mentioned (i think). Go to Sleepywood and take the left exit so you'll end up in the six path crossroads or something like that (or walk there from henesys, it's not far). Then climb up till you reach the big interdimensional portal. Enter it and you'll end up in Pantheon. Enter it again from Pantheon and you can pretty much teleport to whatever town you want.
  • LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited November 2018
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    Best way to get around imo is maple guide. Takes me almost everywhere i want to go on a daily basis. Combined with the dimensional portals in certain towns it makes most of my daily boss runs pretty quick. Only magnus and gollux require me to ask a boss teleport from guildies.
    Here's another way to get around I'm surprised nobody has mentioned (i think). Go to Sleepywood and take the left exit so you'll end up in the six path crossroads or something like that (or walk there from henesys, it's not far). Then climb up till you reach the big interdimensional portal. Enter it and you'll end up in Pantheon. Enter it again from Pantheon and you can pretty much teleport to whatever town you want.
    Chronoius did, but thanks for the reminder. I actually came back since the game is under maintenance. With that in mind, I noticed a place I cannot find anymore. It was a place that was like a ruined castle or collosum. You go around different stoned corridors and fight monsters that looked like gladiators. What happened to that place. I believe this place was in the sky.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2018
    That place (Chryse) is locked for the time being, the party quest I believe still exists but the region doesn't. Similarly, Kerning Square was once locked as well, but then got a revamp. Florina Beach and Chryse are probably still on the back burner for future updates.

Simply put, the areas in the world map that are darkened and have chains around them are areas you cant visit.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited November 2018
    ah yes, i see it now, he did mention it. My mistake
    edited November 2018
    It's okay Zout! I nearly forgotten, so I appreciate the reminder. I know Chronous info is valuable, but I do have to come here often just in case I forgot something important.

I see. These chained areas seemed to be areas I use to remember. It's kinda sad. Those places were fun back in the day. I guess things has to change for the growing community in maplestory. On the thread though, I am starting to see a lot more problems with hackers. I was one of them, but I atleast let it die. Now, it seems like the community is getting more and more restless due to the hackers. I am sure the team is trying their best. I read the newsletter from the guy who was sadden about maplestory 2 getting the praise and maplestory 1 getting the hate. Though, I wish the solution to handling the hackers was simple, but that might be asking a lot. It's almost like the hacker wipe back in 2008-2009 was only a temporary fix.

Overall, back on subject. I am guessing everyone is here because of maintenance. So, How does everyone feel about the new event coming up? I already registered cause I want another free slot prize ;)
  • SpuddySpuddy
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2018
    It's okay Zout! I nearly forgotten, so I appreciate the reminder. I know Chronous info is valuable, but I do have to come here often just in case I forgot something important.

I see. These chained areas seemed to be areas I use to remember. It's kinda sad. Those places were fun back in the day. I guess things has to change for the growing community in maplestory. On the thread though, I am starting to see a lot more problems with hackers. I was one of them, but I atleast let it die. Now, it seems like the community is getting more and more restless due to the hackers. I am sure the team is trying their best. I read the newsletter from the guy who was sadden about maplestory 2 getting the praise and maplestory 1 getting the hate. Though, I wish the solution to handling the hackers was simple, but that might be asking a lot. It's almost like the hacker wipe back in 2008-2009 was only a temporary fix.

Overall, back on subject. I am guessing everyone is here because of maintenance. So, How does everyone feel about the new event coming up? I already registered cause I want another free slot prize ;)

Hyper rocks, Hyper rocks everywhere! Seriously though, I feel it's gonna be G especially with all the prizes. Level 181 now, really starting to slow down so WOO, jk. :(
    edited November 2018
    Okay I finally got a node stone..... umm.... what am I suppose to do with these? It said I can't open til I am at job 5. Right now I am at Job 4 for explorers.
  • ChroniusNightmareChroniusNightmare
    Reactions: 1,975
    edited November 2018
    Okay I finally got a node stone..... umm.... what am I suppose to do with these? It said I can't open til I am at job 5. Right now I am at Job 4 for explorers.

Yup. Gotta get to 200, do the job advancement, and then you'll be able to use it.
    edited November 2018
    if it expires be sure to use it before then if possible
    edited November 2018

She likely got it from today's Hot Week Box so nope, there's no need to worry about it expiring.
    edited November 2018

She likely got it from today's Hot Week Box so nope, there's no need to worry about it expiring.

He's right! I recently got it and sitting on my Paladin... for a while I guess. Good thing I got those slot extensions!
    edited November 2018
    Hey Chronos. I noticed some other issue with the codex. there were these strange pigs. I found them, but I fought them a long time and no card drops. Are there some monsters that never drop cards?
    edited November 2018
    Hey Chronos. I noticed some other issue with the codex. there were these strange pigs. I found them, but I fought them a long time and no card drops. Are there some monsters that never drop cards?

There are a lot of enemies that do not have monster cards. Especially theme dungeons due to the Codex not having been updated since Future Henesys/Ereve came out. That also doesn’t answer as to why there’s all these new monsters added to the list, so perhaps sometime in the near future, we might see that the Codex gets the upgrade it deserves.
    edited November 2018
    Thank you! It seems that this section of maplestory needs some attention.
  • SpuddySpuddy
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2018

Been training at Twilight Perion but if you're at Henny Ruins, those are the pig things I ran into recently, I got a card from them but not sure if those were the same ones. ;) *Update, been at 186, prob wudda been 200 by now if I wasn't without internet for awhile*
    edited November 2018
    Spuddy wrote: »

Been training at Twilight Perion but if you're at Henny Ruins, those are the pig things I ran into recently, I got a card from them but not sure if those were the same ones. ;) *Update, been at 186, prob wudda been 200 by now if I wasn't without internet for awhile*

if you can pick up two of the cards they drop, those are familiar cards, which have effects.

If you can only pick one up, it's the codex card.
    edited November 2018
    Hey dark! Well, it's weird that this is still going. I don't think I had any nooblet questions for quite a while now that I am back on track with this game. Thank you for all your help.