[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Recruit a Friend...WHY

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited November 2018 in General Chat
So the new recruit a friend campaign...I am pretty sure that...it's gonna be way too hard to get 50 people into MS1...Like...lower the bar a LITTLE Nexon. Sorry but I have been having a stress attack trying to figure out how to do this and so have a couple of my friends...50 is too many. 30 would probably be too many...and for 10k maple points...sorry but I really needed to rant a little because I am one of those shy, introverts with few friends. God, the only way to do this event is through dummy accounts realistically...yeah, Ill get off my soap box but I am having such a really angry time with this new event.

TLDR: Lower the friend requirement Nexon, remember the last "community" event you tried? 300b mob kills? Yeah, how'd that turn out...
scholar624FuhreakShadEightEXdest

Comments

• ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2018
    Seeing this feedback on multiple forums. While it's uncertain at the moment if any requirements can be changed, we can bring the topic up in today's report.
    YinYangXPetalmagic
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited November 2018
    yikes
  • CrescCresc
    Reactions: 535
    edited November 2018
    i agree.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    According to @Arwoo on reddit, the flurblynk pet is permanent.

What I'd like to know is if there's any sort of end date to this referral thing or if it's a permanent fixture of things now.
    Petalmagic
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    "Recruit a friend" feels more like "Throw some more hack bots our way"
    I can count the number of friends that would play MS on one hand.
    I don't think I could even name 10 friends, I prefer small social circles.

Hackers on the other hand, can have dozens of bots at any given time.
    This just feels like it's rewarding them rather than legit players.
    PetalmagicYinYangXpommepouffebootlickerSlicedTimeKittyIsAU
  • SpiritFoxGamingSpiritFoxGaming
    Reactions: 1,535
    edited November 2018
    I really don't see how this event can backfire tbh.
    I'm KS'd at least once per day, now take this "ENTICING" Botter created Event, You'll be getting KS'd 1000x over now, and during Tera Burning of all things. Geewiz Mr.Nexon, Thanks for the fantastic events :)

(Can't complain though, Tera won't help with the upcoming Black Mage Boss anyways. It'll take between 3-6 years before F2P players can kill him, First clear will be hackers, putting Money on it.)
    PetalmagicbootlickerSlicedTime
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    "Recruit a friend" feels more like "Throw some more hack bots our way"
    I can count the number of friends that would play MS on one hand.
    I don't think I could even name 10 friends, I prefer small social circles.

Hackers on the other hand, can have dozens of bots at any given time.
    This just feels like it's rewarding them rather than legit players.

Exactly...I actually know a guy who can generate that many bots in like...a heartbeat, although he doesn't play MS :T

10 people is REASONABLE for recruiting friends, in my opinion. @Arwoo I really hope they change it to something a little more reasonable.
  • GoldenChoa8GoldenChoa8
    Reactions: 110
    NICE! I love Events that're solely created for Hack Bots, I get KS'd by a Bot at least once per day, Add this event into the mix and you'll be getting BOT KS'd about 500x more, Being unable to level with Tera Burning because of bots flying around killing all my mobs due to Nexon creating another Botter Friendly event. Feels fkin great, Thanks Nexon :)
    bootlicker
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2018
    I don’t have any friends.
    bootlickerBeefSpiritFoxGamingEXdest
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited November 2018
    The truly obtainable rewards are so sad it's pathetic and the only ones I'd want are walled off by ridiculously high requirements of getting unrealistic masses of people invested in a old 2-D P2W game. Meh, not worth the effort. The only people claiming these high end rewards will be cheaters.
  • SlayerJSlayerJ
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited November 2018
    I was thinking "Maybe I can get 1, and get the 1 person reward" but there isn't even a 1 person reward. Doubt I can even get the three person reward, rofl.
    PetalmagicYinYangX
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    I do wonder, though, how many people will just make 50 mule accounts. Because unless they're specifically checking every IP that registers via the referral link, you know full well people are gonna do that.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I do wonder, though, how many people will just make 50 mule accounts. Because unless they're specifically checking every IP that registers via the referral link, you know full well people are gonna do that.

Well it says that it can get you banned, so it seems rather risky if you actually do that. I pray to whatever gods exist that they change the requirements.
  • BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited November 2018
    5-10 Friend is reasonable, I barely personally know less than 10 people
    PetalmagicFuhreak
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited November 2018
    They basically proposed a mass referral marketing scheme for a mere 10 virtual bucks. I mean do they think there are droves of internet users waiting for a referral to play this game? You’re asking for 50 referrals PER player. No other company expects a single person to refer 50 people. Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea..
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited November 2018
    ShadEight wrote: »
    They basically proposed a mass referral marketing scheme for a mere 10 virtual bucks. I mean do they think there are droves of internet users waiting for a referral to play this game? You’re asking for 50 referrals PER player. No other company expects a single person to refer 50 people. Who in their right mind thought this was a good idea..

Sounds like a pyramid scheme lol
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited November 2018
    Watch nexon lower the requirement but remove the good rewards (chair + pet). It's bound to freaking happen, you can never trust em.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited November 2018
    pepe wrote: »
    Watch nexon lower the requirement but remove the good rewards (chair + pet). It's bound to freaking happen, you can never trust em.

I honestly wouldn't be too surprised...but I really hope not.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited November 2018
    I was thinking people who make register or relog into the game count as 1/3 of a friend. Those who make it to the required target would qualify as whole friend. Those who are pulled further into the game (like reach 200 instead of 33 count as a few friends(s.)
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited November 2018
    I do not agree with this event of recruiting a friend, because the hackers have totally invaded the server, as they can do an event to recruit 50 people when the game is in a total decline, an example the quest of determination of the alliance, some to thought or nexon to seen empty servers very different in bera or reboot? I have some friends in the server and chaos that could not transfer their characters to bera x example, they are dead, those worlds are dead and people to make a moonbridge quest ... almost none, I imagine in the other servers, nexon instead of thinking "know that staff, employees and members of the company, we are going to make a merged to unite all the servers in one for this great event of black mage because (many people can not make the moonbridge dailys and other dailys for the game bin and the recruitment of friends afterwards) but no, they have let the hackers do their life's business once more and or is reflected in each maintenance the reality of people connected to maple story our beloved game that is not as before, the game has hacker problems (kanna-arks now that are expanding - dual blades and others) with the lag of the game, bugs and crash another problem where people partly stop playing because of this and bad events without ideas or content for the player who does not have cash mainly, that is why and painful, because formerly it was not so, the game must have a total restructuring and maintenance of 4 to 5 days with changes, formerly there were 2 prolonged maintenance when wizet was in charge of handling maplestory and then step to nexon and was very different so much the events like in the help to the user and improvements in the game, but these events that are too many for a user that has life and is not in the game for a long time is a bit absurd, the vision is to improve and restructure the game and finish with the problems that are of years
    Petalmagic