[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Possible new Jett content?

StallbenStallben
Reactions: 1,245
Member, Private Tester
edited November 2018 in General Chat
Don't know if anybody noticed but, the login screen had something interesting. It seems to be a new blonde female character that has the same space pirate theme as Jett. I don't know if this is a hint at future GMS exclusive content (not sure if it's likely given the recent non-KMS content purge), Jett revamp (what with many people saying it needs an overhaul. Don't really play Jett, so I'm not sure how bad it really is), or a new class under the Jett branch (I know Jett is a standalone class, but I'm not sure what to call it. Cerberus branch??).

Just saw it and thought it was interesting and wanted to share. Though maybe I'm just reading too much into things. I tried to screen shot it, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to screenshot in Maplestory. I know its scroll lock, but for some reason, I don't see the picture in my files, even though it says its supposed to save in installation files. I tried following all the instructions I could find, but I still couldn't get the screenshot, so sorry for inconvenience it no one's seen what I'm talking about. All I can say is that the login screen alternates between showing the Black Mage content title screen to that possible Cerberus expansion. I'll try again to screenshot and post it if no one has done it by the time I figure it out.

Comments

• InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited November 2018
    I noticed the image also

6Z6AeQ7.jpg

Looks great.
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited November 2018
    Thats a BIG "if" they plan on working on jett, this class reminds me of that gif of the man (not dog cartoon)that's on fire wearing goggles saying "this is fine" its so broken that its just accepted its fate...
  • CharniaCharnia
    Reactions: 605
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Hayato also has a login screen as well. Not sure about the others. Interesting that they added the Sengoku forces into the alliance against the BM. It might just be promo material another version of MS created for the new upcoming 5th job skills for the non-KMS classes.

If anything, it will just be an extension of the non-KMS class storyline. So basically the story that happens after the events of Monad. In relation to the mainstream story, it will likely be post-BM.

Chronology wise, it probably looks like this.

Captain Vaga (RIP) -> Class Storylines -> Masteria = Zipangu -> Stellar Detectives -> Monad
    YinYangX
  • crimson24crimson24
    Reactions: 815
    edited November 2018
    jett needs serious buffs.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Screen shot should be under C: -> Nexon -> Library -> maplestirt -> appdata if you're using the default ss location.
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited November 2018
    Kanna has one and they said they're planning to rework the class so one could only hope they rework hayato and jett as well *fingers crossed*
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2018
    Sorry to disappoint, but there's no new Jett content. Updated art is nice, but that's really all it is.
    YinYangXInvulgo
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,725
    edited November 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Sorry to disappoint, but there's no new Jett content. Updated art is nice, but that's really all it is.

Hello darkness my old friend~~~ (cries in a corner)
    YinYangX
  • DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2018
    If anything I approved of rhe new Jett Artwork. Looks great. And also loving the new determined Cygnus. She was cute before, she's hot now.
    YinYangX
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited November 2018
    Jett and Beast Tamer needs a god damned overhaul
  • StallbenStallben
    Reactions: 1,245
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Invulgo wrote: »
    I noticed the image also

6Z6AeQ7.jpg

Looks great.

Thank you for the image. I'll try to figure out how to do it.
    Arwoo wrote: »

Ah, well, that's a shame then. I figured I was reading into it too much. I thought it looked nice and was something to look forward to. But it is nice artwork though, so does that mean Jett has been redesigned to be blonde since you mentioned updated art?
  • DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2018
    Jett was always a blonde.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Deadling wrote: »
    Jett was always a blonde.

Hard to tell for sure. Jett's female Orange and Blonde hairs are very similar in shading, and her official artwork doesn't made it exact which color it is.
    Maybe she is blonde, or maybe she's just a bright orange, but either way she was not as blonde as she is in this new artwork.
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Stallben wrote: »
    Thank you for the image. I'll try to figure out how to do it.
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Screen shot should be under C: -> Nexon -> Library -> maplestirt -> appdata if you're using the default ss location.

• ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2018
    To my knowledge this new artwork of her won't be replacing the current artwork of her in-game and during character creation. I do believe her hair is more orange in the original artwork of her and agree that this new artwork looks way nicer though!
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited November 2018
    Invulgo wrote: »
    I noticed the image also

6Z6AeQ7.jpg

Looks great.

Best Girl
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited November 2018
    Should make login screen art available on your wallpaper page. :)
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited November 2018
    Jett will never be a relevant class. It's main purpose is to be a spam bot for meso sellers in ardent 1 and Henesys.
  • MagicFoxhairMagicFoxhair
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited November 2018
    More importantly, will Jett ever get bug fixes? I've been logging on once every update just to see if the cosmic upheaval DC bug is fixed but it's been a couple years now and its still broken. So far I've been playing maple maybe 10 minutes(this is how long it takes the skill to dc me) every month or so because of this bug. If Jett got something to make it class playable it would be wonderful.

*This bug has already been complained about several times in the bug report section