[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

OMG, What's going on here?

WildNekoWildNeko
Reactions: 1,110
edited October 2016 in General Chat
image ?

Idk, but i'll try to avoid logins here for a while...
WillScarletForumKousJettLuvsUnebulite1JorjaxHopefulDreamhypnogrisFusaGiko

Comments

• liljayyyyliljayyyy
    Reactions: 1,310
    edited October 2016
    I have a feeling its the same spammers that spammed on a forum in another game that I played. Same set of spam-text although they were stopped by spam filter later. Lets hope Nexon do something about this for their forum soon !
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    x3JAYy said:

I have a feeling its the same spammers that spammed on a forum in another game that I played. Same set of spam-text although they were stopped by spam filter later. Lets hope Nexon do something about this for their forum soon !
    I've seen this same spam in the old MapleStory forums as well. Never seen it last quite as long (this started at about 1:20 AM PST, so about 6.5 hours at this point), but I don't know whether that's because the old forums had better automatic defenses, or the mods were more awake or had better tools.
    LilyflowerTuba
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    I wonder how long it will take them to get rid of them....
  • Bahamut_XBahamut_X
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited October 2016
    I would say it depends on how quickly a script can be written to do the job.
    SanjayLilyflower
  • SanjaySanjay
    Reactions: 1,616
    edited October 2016
    It's quite crazy.. And they've spammed the other sub forums aswell sadly.
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Some subforums weren't touched yet but wow this garbage.
    Sanjay
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    ClawStaff
    ClawStaff said:

Some subforums weren't touched yet but wow this garbage.
    All the subforums that users have permission to post to were spammed. Some have already been cleaned.
    There are something like 800 spam threads in General, however, so it's going to take time to clean them. I really hope the mods aren't doing it by hand.
    Lilyflower
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    MRW I log in this morning...
    chaoscauser

I wonder how long it will take them to get rid of them....
    About 10 minutes, mostly dependent on how fast the forum software was loading their profiles so I could do anything.

Thankfully this forum software lets you delete posts when you ban people, I can't imagine having to go through and delete everything manually.
    Its2Sharp4UJettLuvsUWillScarletMonshiroKingopiratesDreamllusion
  • Bahamut_XBahamut_X
    Reactions: 1,080
    edited October 2016
    I would not be surprised. Okay, so the software does have the capability for cleaning the Aegean stables.

I decide to check the forums out and find enough spam to feed a few families for a decade. With just the one sub-forum alone, about 864 pieces from the various bot accounts.
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited October 2016
    Hey all,

We have some counter-measures that can be turned on regarding bots, but had been running this forum in full open mode before this. Hopefully we won't see this again, but I appreciate your patience as we go through and make some adjustments.
    Its2Sharp4UJettLuvsUInvulgoKingopirates
  • MegaScienceMegaScience
    Reactions: 3,795
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Last time this occurred, I happened to stumble on it immediately after. Took a while but I deleted the posts page-by-page. It's actually easier now. :P

Thanks Neospector and OneLetter! You got the bulk of it.
    Its2Sharp4UInvulgo
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Hmmm.... I guess the posts are just "hidden" but not really deleted?
    Forum page still says there are 1.2k threads in general, when in reality it's only about 300.
    Lilyflower
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited October 2016
    Those freakin bot spammers they are really annoying and it needs someone to look into it.
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited October 2016
    I saw the boards this morning near 7am Eastern and there were already like 600+ threads from the bots. That's a good example of why new accounts should be limited on how many new threads and how many posts can be made per day. There's another example I could make that happened on the old forums but it's extremely unpleasant to even talk about, but it did involve a person imitating well known users to trick others into clicking their threads.
    JettLuvsULilyflower
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    wow people rlly spamming a forum ... what a life..
    Lilyflower
  • GeminiaGeminia
    Reactions: 2,370
    edited October 2016
    Ey, they added an approval system for new forumers.

[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
    MegaScienceInvulgo
  • BIackbeanBIackbean
    Reactions: 3,450
    edited October 2016
    oh thats to prevent bots. i alrdy reported a few bots but seems like they still active on forums...
    Lilyflower
  • AKradianAKradian
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Seems the process needs a wee bit more refinement.

I don't understand why an "Applicant" can still spam threads.
    Lilyflower
  • OneLetterOneLetter
    Reactions: 6,380
    edited October 2016
    We're working on the system to ensure it's best for existing and new players that want to join, as opposed to making your overall experience worse. For instance, we could reduce it to 1 comment / discussion every 60 seconds, but that would actually have an impact on all of you. We make a handful of small adjustments, making sure we have the smallest impact on how all of you actually want to use the forums, while also removing the negative stuff.

Made more adjustments this AM, should help.
    NiightseekerJettLuvsU
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2016
    What were the adjustments that were just made?