[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Cube tier up rates?

MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
Reactions: 1,000
edited November 2018 in General Chat
So we have the transparency of rates like gach and surprise style boxes and such but what about cubes??
Fuhreak

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited November 2018
    The community did some research on this.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1od_hep5Y6x2ljfrh4M8zj5RwlpgYDRn5uTymx4iLPyw/pubhtml#

As far as I know, there are laws that require loot box rate to be disclosed, but potential lines aren't considered loot box because they're not actual items but rather improvement to an item, so there is no reason for Nexon to release the rate (yet, wiki say South Korea has plan to include improvement items but that was many months ago and nothing came out of it yet).
    YinYangX
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    edited November 2018
    Rexaar wrote: »
    The community did some research on this.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1od_hep5Y6x2ljfrh4M8zj5RwlpgYDRn5uTymx4iLPyw/pubhtml#

As far as I know, there are laws that require loot box rate to be disclosed, but potential lines aren't considered loot box because they're not actual items but rather improvement to an item, so there is no reason for Nexon to release the rate (yet, wiki say South Korea has plan to include improvement items but that was many months ago and nothing came out of it yet).

Ah ok I see, ty for the response!
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    Reactions: 1,390
    edited November 2018
    Starforce rates too, we all know the values we see are total bs
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    DiximaN wrote: »

RNG is a thing, you know. And compounded failures don't equate to a higher chance of success.
    Fuhreak
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2018

The percentages being displayed for starforcing do reflect the actual chance you have. I have seen many players try various methods to "increase" their odds such as failing multiple 10% or 30% scrolls before attempting to starforce, but as Aggraphine mentioned above, it doesn't actually help.

As for cube tier up rates, we can raise this topic and see if such data can be provided, but I do see the community has pulled similar data.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »

The percentages being displayed for starforcing do reflect the actual chance you have. I have seen many players try various methods to "increase" their odds such as failing multiple 10% or 30% scrolls before attempting to starforce, but as Aggraphine mentioned above, it doesn't actually help.

As for cube tier up rates, we can raise this topic and see if such data can be provided, but I do see the community has pulled similar data.

For Star Force, we are not told what effect the "Star Catching" mini-game has. Would you give us this information, please?
    Fuhreak
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

For Star Force, we are not told what effect the "Star Catching" mini-game has. Would you give us this information, please?

Ah yeah, that's a good note to add on this topic. We can ask for this.
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    edited November 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

I heard people say it adds 5% success if you hit the red bar but yes we want be sure if thats true