[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ban Data from 11/15/2018 ~ 11/20/2018

ArwooArwoo
Reactions: 17,755
edited November 2018 in Announcements
Hi All,

Please see below for the ban data covering: 11/15/2018 ~ 11/20/2018

Ban reason: Advertising
Number of characters banned: 205
Number of accounts banned: 181

Ban reason: Hacking/Botting
Number of characters banned: 12,473
Number of accounts banned: 7,729

Full list of banned characters: http://maplestory.nexon.net/micro-site/38957

Thank you!

Comments

• RaireRaire
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2018
    You guys should really do something about the advertising bots in hene ch1 Sciana... There's like 8 in the middle... It makes everyone lag. Also you go to any channel and just stand in maya's house you see Kanna bots just come straight in...
  • NibboNibbo
    Reactions: 1,330
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Does this list include Europe? And isn't this missing 3 days?
  • SpuddySpuddy
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2018
    11/24 and I've seen a big influ of tera burn Ark bot\hackers on Scania, mostly on every channel in Twi-Perion, and Kerning Tower, (mostly the "1-250 Ark update leveling guide") areas. Lol
  • RaireRaire
    Reactions: 400
    edited November 2018
    Been a few days since I posted and yet the advertising bot spammers in channel 1 Henesys are still here lagging the place up... it's unbearable...
  • MiricielMiriciel
    Reactions: 200
    report bot in game (via Report option) is a good idea?

In Scania NA - Mu Lung garden (every channel) 80% of the maps in this region have a farmer bot (teleporting + killing everything). Im playing with my Hero class and i cant finish the mission when i need to kill a boss in herb garden 60, because in every channel a bot is killing everything....

• ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2018
    I do see a lot of concerns regarding hackers despite the number of bans.
    Thank you guys for including the maps as well, this makes it much easier for us to relay back to our agents.
    Nibbo wrote: »
    Does this list include Europe?

Yes this would also include Europe.

• iDtxiDtx
    Reactions: 100
    edited November 2018
    Last night I tried to catch a kanna hacker at Below the Cave (VJ), The guy was fast with CC. Spent like 30 minutes.

One question to the crowd server players, have you guys noticed the lag reduction since Nexon started banning like no tomorrow?
  • xNailKaiserxNailKaiser
    Reactions: 2,440
    edited November 2018
    I think it might be best to start looking for ways to secure the data packets coming from players to the servers such as using signed TLS or SSL packets to end the problem of hackers using the current generation of packet injection tools. Yes it will impact performance by about 1-5% on modern PCs but it'll stop current hackers cold, plus it might be time to enforce bans of countries not served officially by Nexon America as well as proxy services to bypass country IP enforcement protocols.