[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.232 Blooming Forest Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Buff Sharing Maps Cause Input Lag

DFDFDDFDFD
Reactions: 1,760
Posts: 218
Member
edited December 2018 in Bug Reporting
First noticed this in Ursus after the recent changes, as soon as you go in and get bombarded with buffs you start getting major input lag, I can't attack more than once a second with it going on. It doesn't stop when the buffs are already applied to you, just keeps going as if the game is repeatedly trying to buff spam you.
Started happening in Moonbridge as well, asked people farming with me and they described the same.
Also seems like it's linked to some specific buffs as sometimes it happens, sometimes doesn't, sometimes stops randomly and then occurs again.
Think you should look into this.

Comments

  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited December 2018
    It happens when you have pets with autobuff as well, so it's not an isolated occurrence related to tenebris.

    Edit: I'm not saying it's not irritating and doesn't need to be looked into. I'm just saying that the issue is neither isolated to tenebris nor is it new.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 1,760
    Posts: 218
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It happens when you have pets with autobuff as well, so it's not an isolated occurrence related to tenebris.

    Edit: I'm not saying it's not irritating and doesn't need to be looked into. I'm just saying that the issue is neither isolated to tenebris nor is it new.

    I have 3 autobuff pets and it has never happened to me before and doesn't happen when I'm not in said maps.
    I'm not talking about a momentary inconvenience when applying the buffs, I'm talking about a persistent delay making you farm effectively twice as slow.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited December 2018
    I haven't noticed that at all in the expedition maps, yet if I try to do something when my self-buffs are refreshing via autobuff, I get a brief delay where I can't use skills. Same with trying to flash jump through the elite boss bonus stage crap that falls from the flying things. It isn't a lot, but it's enough to throw a wrench into your rhythm.
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 1,760
    Posts: 218
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I haven't noticed that at all in the expedition maps, yet if I try to do something when my self-buffs are refreshing via autobuff, I get a brief delay where I can't use skills. Same with trying to flash jump through the elite boss bonus stage crap that falls from the flying things. It isn't a lot, but it's enough to throw a wrench into your rhythm.

    Yeah, that's not what I'm talking about. Imagine you're standing on the old spawning zone in spirit savior and trying to use abilities. Only the entire map is the spawning zone. That's basically what it's like.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Never done spirit savior so I can't really relate to that.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,380
    Posts: 899
    Member
    edited December 2018
    This sometime occur when 2 or more people have any variation of Maple Warrior on autobuff on their pets, the pets sometimes doesn't recognize the other variation of Maple Warrior and goes into endless loop of rebuffing everyone in the map/party causing them to lag.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,405
    Posts: 3,553
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Rexaar wrote: »
    This sometime occur when 2 or more people have any variation of Maple Warrior on autobuff on their pets, the pets sometimes doesn't recognize the other variation of Maple Warrior and goes into endless loop of rebuffing everyone in the map/party causing them to lag.

    Good ol' recursion!
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 1,760
    Posts: 218
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Rexaar wrote: »
    This sometime occur when 2 or more people have any variation of Maple Warrior on autobuff on their pets, the pets sometimes doesn't recognize the other variation of Maple Warrior and goes into endless loop of rebuffing everyone in the map/party causing them to lag.

    That's as good a theory as any, but wouldn't the Maple Warrior buff icon also rapidly change to different variations if that were the case?
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,380
    Posts: 899
    Member
    edited December 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »
    Rexaar wrote: »
    This sometime occur when 2 or more people have any variation of Maple Warrior on autobuff on their pets, the pets sometimes doesn't recognize the other variation of Maple Warrior and goes into endless loop of rebuffing everyone in the map/party causing them to lag.

    That's as good a theory as any, but wouldn't the Maple Warrior buff icon also rapidly change to different variations if that were the case?

    It does change icon if the maple warrior is different. If the icon is the same (even if it the same class group, it can start an endless loop), you might notice the buff duration is different. You will also see the maple warrior animation being apply to you every half a second every time their pets rebuff it. (If you ask them to take maple warror off auto buff, the infinite loop will break and the lag will stop)
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 1,760
    Posts: 218
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Update- taking off your own autobuff from pets seems to solve this issue for me
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,115
    Posts: 314
    Member
    edited December 2018
    Good catch everyone!
    I'll forward these observations along and see if it resolves any latency issues in some of our highly populated areas.