[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Ideas for next Crossover event

DiximaNDiximaN
Reactions: 1,390
edited December 2018 in General Chat
Since the previous two crossover events (especially "x Sakura") were rather boring and/or disappointing, at least in my opinion, I thoght that it would be a nice idea to get some non-anime related crossover event. I personally think Maplestory deserves to get some crossover related to old school 2d games. What do you think?
  1. Idea for next Crossover event?18 votes
    1. Jazz Jackrabbit
       6% (1 vote)
    2. Sonic the Hedgehog
       6% (1 vote)
    3. Super Mario bros
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Another anime
       72% (13 votes)
    5. I've another idea
       17% (3 votes)

Comments

• ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited December 2018
    Those first three options don't fit the aesthetic of the game at all. Most people won't even know the first one.

IIRC all the anime crossovers thus far were handled by JMS and ported to GMS.

Crossovers are tricky since rights and revenue need to be worked out. It's not like GMS can implement whatever it wants.
    FuhreakSlicedTimescholar624YinYangX
  • SlayerJSlayerJ
    Reactions: 1,090
    edited December 2018
    I just want my Overlord cross over.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    SlayerJ wrote: »
    I just want my Overlord cross over.

I've yet to see that one, but that's another one of those "stuck in an mmo" anime, right?
    Sounds like a good match for MS.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    Those first three options don't fit the aesthetic of the game at all. Most people won't even know the first one.

Crossovers are tricky since rights and revenue need to be worked out. It's not like GMS can implement whatever it wants.

This exactly. Why do you think every single cash item from the previous crossover events disappear entirely after the event period runs its course? Oftentimes the deals worked out for these events have very stringent terms covering the event's duration and the removal of all items from general sale after the event has run its course.

Licensing is a nasty bugger, and while you will still see the sword art online or attack on titan cash items in the auction house occasionally, you will never see them sold directly by nexon ever again.
  • hyacahyaca
    Reactions: 1,050
    edited December 2018
    Maplestory x rurouni kenshin crossover please.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2018
    What would everyone think if Maplestory became a crossover event for another game?

Do you think it would attract the curiosity of other individuals into exploring Maple World?
    YinYangXFuhreakMapleBishopFan85
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited December 2018
    Those first three options don't fit the aesthetic of the game at all.

http://www.maplesea.com/eattowin/

-eyes-

• ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited December 2018
    bumbertyr wrote: »

-eyes-

MapleSEA was always the problem child.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2018
    bumbertyr wrote: »

-eyes-

Well, at least we have finally solved the mystery of how their QA team is kept awake pulling all-nighters before a big patch release...
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited December 2018
    From all the crossovers we're aware of from JMS and KMS, which one would you guys like to see the most?
  • X3MninetailX3Mninetail
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited December 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »
    From all the crossovers we're aware of from JMS and KMS, which one would you guys like to see the most?

I wouldn't mind if we visited the old crossover events we had over the years. SAO/AoT mainly :)
    YinYangX
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    Arwoo wrote: »

I wouldn't mind if we visited the old crossover events we had over the years. SAO/AoT mainly :)
    Aggraphine wrote: »

This exactly. Why do you think every single cash item from the previous crossover events disappear entirely after the event period runs its course? Oftentimes the deals worked out for these events have very stringent terms covering the event's duration and the removal of all items from general sale after the event has run its course.

Licensing is a nasty bugger, and while you will still see the sword art online or attack on titan cash items in the auction house occasionally, you will never see them sold directly by nexon ever again.

Unless they were to work out a new deal with whoever owns the rights to those, you will never see them again.
  • SorrowSorrow
    Reactions: 2,780
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Bring back Sword Art Online
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited December 2018
    unpopular opinion but I think we could try getting a GMS exclusive crossover with RWBY. Though I'm not a big RWBY fan in the slightest, it seems like something GMS could partner with among all other choices. It's also really easy to design events with like a grimm hunt dungeon that replaces bounty portals where you can fight in stages clearing grimm monsters and a final stage boss that give chairs that you can get that lets you sit with 1 of the RWBY characters and a rarer chair that has all members of team RWBY huddled around you (uwu) that can be obtained from the reskinned Inferno Wolf dungeon. Keep cosmetics that let you dress and change hair and face to look like members of team RWBY and stop adding your own junk in the crossover style boxes that are only LIMITED and aren't going to be seen again when it's over.
    YinYangX
  • Arch_AlyssaArch_Alyssa
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited December 2018
    Dragonball or Berserk would be nice!
  • KingofFurriesKingofFurries
    Reactions: 1,605
    edited December 2018
    we need that frozen crossover
    KlaraYinYangX
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    AznboiE wrote: »
    unpopular opinion but I think we could try getting a GMS exclusive crossover with RWBY. Though I'm not a big RWBY fan in the slightest, it seems like something GMS could partner with among all other choices.

I'm wondering why you would suggest it when you claim to not be a fan.
    Dragonball or Berserk would be nice!

Dragonball sure. (Might even be in the realm of possibility) But Berserk? I don't think MapleStory players are ready for that wild ride.
    Arch_AlyssaYinYangX
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2018
    This may sound very stupid, but I was thinking if Nexon could contact Sora Lmtd and Nintendo if they could make a Smash crossover. Events could be classic mode or all-star mode but with stamina instead of dealing with damage percentages.
  • ToreishiToreishi
    Reactions: 3,475
    edited December 2018
    Frozen or Pop Team Epic!
    Taehyung
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Toreishi wrote: »
    Frozen -snip-

I still can't believe to this day that was a thing. I'm sorry I missed that one.
    I doubt Nexon would be able to get Disney to sign for that one again.
    Not sure how a Pop Team Epic one would work. But if they can, I'm for it!

I'm somewhat surprised by the lack of suggestions for crossovers with other MMOs.
    I'd love to see crossovers with either Ragnarok Online (long running MMO that has roots older than MS), Tree of Savior (A spiritual successor to RO) or a more realistic option... Vindictus!
    Vindictus is already published by Nexon, if I'm not wrong they even own the development company now.
    Not only could we get a crossover event, but it could actually be a returning one at that.
    Arch_Alyssa