[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mind blown

SamwinModSamwinMod
Reactions: 420
edited December 2018 in General Chat
Is anyone else really impressed by how detailed a world MapleStory is? I mean, obviously, it's been around for quite a while now and the developers want to keep the game going since it's successful and can be added to endlessly. But have you ever just sat back and thought about how every NPC and character in this game has some massive backstory? Whether there are quests connected to it or not. It blows my mind when I think about how every character in the game plays some role that ties into a bigger story.
I think I've had too much caffeine.
FuhreakYinYangX

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    It is pretty impressive, though it's kind of sad how some of "these tales, long forgotten in the flows of time, are about legends which no one can recall..."
    (Kudoes to anyone who gets the reference, and basically saying it's unfortunate that some of the backstories of npc's + areas are lost due to the passage of time. ;;)
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited December 2018
    I too enjoyed a lot of these stories in maple, especially when i just started playing. First time i stepped through the Gate to the Future i thought all of it was so cool. I also enjoyed seeing certain npc's pop up in different locations (and times), such as Athena Pierce. The game sure has a lot of cool stories and a lot of them tying into eachother. I think it was in the story of Luminous where you actually get to witness the breaking of the Seals. I really enjoyed that too.
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited December 2018
    Yea I mean just having me in the world itself is just amazing overall. I think they done a good job and i def love to meet lucid and orchid :D also as long as no one is annoying like most of the community I love to live in that world.

RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the Voiceless)
    Riza Saika (ms community Malcolm X)
    Reactions: 735
    edited December 2018
    What's more mind blowing is the graphics are BMP in 2018...
    MapleStory graphics always appealed to me the amount of details for the characters is pretty impressive for a 2d game, As far as I'm concerned, MapleStory has the best graphics then any game of it's kind and I have played plenty of 2d games.

Graphic designers of this game should be proud of their work, League of Legends, DOTA 2, WoW games just do not appeal to me... The graphics in them games aren't impressive to me.
    YinYangX
  • BoneWyrmBoneWyrm
    Reactions: 900
    edited December 2018
    2600 wrote: »
    MapleStory graphics always appealed to me the amount of details for the characters is pretty impressive for a 2d game, As far as I'm concerned, MapleStory has the best graphics then any game of it's kind and I have played plenty of 2d games.

Graphic designers of this game should be proud of their work, League of Legends, DOTA 2, WoW games just do not appeal to me... The graphics in them games aren't impressive to me.

art style goes a long way
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    2600 wrote: »

For all its problems, the art style really is the most unique aspect of the game, even this many years later.