[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Help From Above is a laggy mess

HousePetHousePet
Reactions: 1,245
edited December 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
There is a big delay between passing over a supply crate and it getting picked up, which stops you grabbing another crate.
You can't dodge the chains because they hit you before being drawn on the screen, then the slow effect doesn't apply until half a second afterwards.
Enemies just spawn on top of you and explode.
The flying balls are about twice the size they appear as you don't know how big the latency is between your position and theirs.
You can stop and shoot at the homing enemies, but they sometime just keep going and hit you anyway. (The gun is also pretty useless.)
If the delivery points are too close together, you have to go back, as it seems to take a second for a drop of the get registered, which stops you doing another drop off.

Could be mildly entertaining, instead its mildly annoying.

Comments

• YodaYoda
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited December 2018
    HousePet wrote: »
    Could be mildly entertaining, instead its mildly annoying.
    I agree.
    It's kinda like the event with the taxi and the monsters, except that that one was really cool and fun.

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    I'm especially fond of getting that really nice delay where you clearly didn't hit something but it still bonks your cargo, and points, off.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I stopped doing the event once I got to the highest levelled ship - it moves so fast that either the cargo on the bottom or the receptors on the top haven't respawned, which defeats the whole purpose of having a fast ship.

I'm curious if anyone has even gotten remotely close to the 30k per run maximum - I know I could hit the 100k maximum with 5 20k runs, but it is just not worth 25 minutes of time for only 10k determination (if you have 5 perfect runs).
    YinYangX
  • AznboiEAznboiE
    Reactions: 3,445
    edited December 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I'm especially fond of getting that really nice delay where you clearly didn't hit something but it still bonks your cargo, and points, off.

I didn't need those points anyways.

Also this severely hinders the rate that players that cant access tenebris yet because it takes away from the rate that they can gain points quickly without relying on elites and soldier saving.
    Fuhreak
  • HousePetHousePet
    edited December 2018
    Yeah I can't access Tenebris and I'm not feeling interested in participating much in the event as the options for getting determination are rather bad.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    Just find a map on the lower end of your level range(20 +/- your own) where the rescued soldiers can one-hit mobs. Makes things go pretty quick.
  • HousePetHousePet
    edited December 2018
    Gave Soldier Saving a proper quick try. Looks like it would take 3 hours to get max determination per day.
    Got a Messenger of Darkness, which was nice. :)