[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

why is this cancer a thing

DeathStarDeathStar
Reactions: 1,330
edited December 2018 in General Chat
how do i turn this off
7ca62064cb.png

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    You don't.

Yes, it sucks.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    We were promised a transparency slider bar... probably about a year ago now ? As you can see, they never delivered on that promise. It was one of the most UNhelpful ui changes they made. If I'm opening my map in the middle of a battleground, I'm doing that cause I WANT to. And even if it was an accident, it takes a second to close it.

Sigh.
    YinYangX
  • DeathStarDeathStar
    edited December 2018
    let me check my stats real quick

105b0bd846.png
  • DeathStarDeathStar
    edited December 2018
    man i love this feature so much, i wish they add it to MS2...ya know the game that people including their dev actually play
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    Yeah it's honestly one of the most baffling "quality of life" changes they've made to the game.

@Arwoo can you badger someone about either getting a transparency slider for this or altogether doing away with it? It's far more of a burden and nuisance than a benefit.
  • DeathStarDeathStar
    edited December 2018
    lets be real they have never acknowledged this issue and they think they are genius for shoving this feature down our throat

if they even realize how annoying this thing is they would have done something about it over a year ago
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited December 2018
    Oh goodie, gotta add my 5 stat from a level up...where is that button -squint-
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I think they were trying to help people that open a window and instantly get attacked by a mob or something.
    You know, all those people that open their windows and don't expect this to happen?
    Yeah me neither.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    Yeah cause when you're trying to HTR out of a map you totally want your attention drawn away from where you're trying to go to whatever idiot decided to come bonk you
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited December 2018
    Ahh yes this does get annoying
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    edited December 2018
    A way to toggle the feature would be lovely.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2018
    DeathStar wrote: »
    how do i turn this off
    7ca62064cb.png

Poor mapler. His eyes were ruined due to crappy UI changes
  • DeathStarDeathStar
    edited December 2018
    boom. i just solved a complex year long engineering problem in less than 3 seconds.
    nixon hire me now

66bdb422bd.png
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    boom. i just solved a complex year long engineering problem in less than 3 seconds.
    nixon hire me now

66bdb422bd.png

Honestly the code to put a toggle switch there is probably more complex than the code to disable the UI thing.
    if buttonclicked{
    screwWithMaplers=FALSE}

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    nixon hire me now

66bdb422bd.png

Code it so it works first, bud, and make sure it doesn't break anything else along the way. Then talk about "hire me"
    YinYangX
  • DeathStarDeathStar
    edited December 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    nixon hire me now

66bdb422bd.png

Code it so it works first, bud, and make sure it doesn't break anything else along the way. Then talk about "hire me"

Whoosh
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    nixon hire me now

66bdb422bd.png

Whoosh

I know it was a joke. The problem is that it wasn't funny.
  • DeathStarDeathStar
    edited December 2018
    nixon hire me now

66bdb422bd.png

Whoosh

I know it was a joke. The problem is that it wasn't funny.

Ya know what else isn't funny? Nexon's ignorance
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    I'll give you that one. I think they even called this a quality of life change when it was first added. It's just made things more of a pain in the ass than necessary. Plus damn, if I'm getting hit behind windows I can just close the stupid things as easily as I opened them
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited December 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    I think they were trying to help people that open a window and instantly get attacked by a mob or something.
    You know, all those people that open their windows and don't expect this to happen?
    Yeah me neither.

You know what would help with the whole not getting attacked thing? Getting rid of the advertisement when you log in after getting d/c!!! You can't move until you close it and I have been killed on weaker characters after d/c because of it.
    StarryKnightFuhreakSlicedTimeYinYangX