[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Maple Culture

rizariza
Reactions: 3,025
edited December 2018 in General Chat
We have had some bad issues with maple culture this has brought me here to ask the community how can we fix maple culture. A long time ago we had a culture where people never hacked, never sold dupes or bad items and played fair. We now have people who are hypersensitive and get mad over just about anything. you can post "hi" and they will think you're talking about something completely different. We have fallen into a bad state and we need our values back. How can we fix these issues and become more like me which is awesome and beyond that soft and whining ish. Now, people, let us hear some thoughts on how do we fix the culture.

RizaSaika#8726
Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the Voiceless)
Riza Saika (ms community Malcolm X)

Comments

• LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2018
    riza wrote: »
    We have had some bad issues with maple culture this has brought me here to ask the community how can we fix maple culture. A long time ago we had a culture where people never hacked, never sold dupes or bad items and played fair. We now have people who are hypersensitive and get mad over just about anything. you can post "hi" and they will think you're talking about something completely different. We have fallen into a bad state and we need our values back. How can we fix these issues and become more like me which is awesome and beyond that soft and whining ish. Now, people, let us hear some thoughts on how do we fix the culture.

RizaSaika#8726
    agreed *ahem* maplestory 2 even though I lost interest because there's a huge uproar! and post it in public in the game. I don't want maplestory to be in that road.

• rizariza
    edited December 2018
    Lilyflower wrote: »

RizaSaika#8726
    agreed *ahem* maplestory 2 even though I lost interest because there's a huge uproar! and post it in public in the game. I don't want maplestory to be in that road.

Yea I mean I feel that maple is somewhat dying due to the culture and I feel we have the power to fix not all but most of it. So like I really want to hear ideas on how or what steps we can take to fix these issues and make maple great again :D

RizaSaika#8726
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited December 2018
    Lilyflower wrote: »

RizaSaika#8726

Yea I mean I feel that maple is somewhat dying due to the culture and I feel we have the power to fix not all but most of it. So like I really want to hear ideas on how or what steps we can take to fix these issues and make maple great again :D

RizaSaika#8726
    lol we have the power but sadly there is little bit of us how do I explain
    1.50% that cares.
    2.100% that dont give a **** and just walks off.
  • rizariza
    edited December 2018
    [/quote]
    lol we have the power but sadly there is little bit of us how do I explain

1.50% that cares.
    2.100% that dont give a **** and just walks off.
    [/quote]

That is true lmao but 50% is too nice lmao but yea i mean even though I been attacked for saving the community i havent given it up i make it great and normal again :D

RizaSaika#8726
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited December 2018
    holy cringe please take off that pseudo forum signature you're not the 'voice of the people'
    ACMBlackCipherDarkPassengerPirateIzzyHHG1SlicedTimeMiraYinYangXPetalmagicAggraphineMageOfBattlesand 1 other.
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited December 2018
    1. Hacks have always existed for every game in existence. That's what happens when you have a multiplayer game and people decide to profit off of others' desires to progress.
    2. Duping is the same. Always existed.
    3. No one is hypersensitive. People just don't like you and the ideas you bring because for some reason you think that your ideas speak "for the community" but, judging from comments in-game, reddit, forum and the discord, no one agrees with most of what you have to say.
    4. You're one of those "old maple was better people." If that's what you think then you might as well give up. No one reverts progress.
    5. You can't fix culture. That develops over time.
    6. MLK, Malcolm X, and any other historical figure has done some real good work. Maplestory does not equate to human rights wtf.
    7. ShadEight is right.
    8. Stop trying to be a VFM or hold any position of power here when you can't format text properly, ramble and have trouble speaking understandable English due to speaking in hyperbole all the time.
    AggraphineDarkPassengerPirateIzzyHHG1SlicedTimeMirascholar624PetalmagicPawblebumbertyrand 3 others.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    1. Hacks have always existed for every game in existence. That's what happens when you have a multiplayer game and people decide to profit off of others' desires to progress.
    3. No one is hypersensitive. People just don't like you and the ideas you bring because for some reason you think that your ideas speak "for the community" but, judging from comments in-game, reddit, forum and the discord, no one agrees with most of what you have to say.
    4. You're one of those "old maple was better people." If that's what you think then you might as well give up. No one reverts progress.
    6. MLK, Malcolm X, and any other historical figure has done some real good work. Maplestory does not equate to human rights wtf.
    7. ShadEight is right.
    8. Stop trying to be a VFM or hold any position of power here when you can't format text properly, ramble and have trouble speaking understandable English due to speaking in hyperbole all the time.

Bless this post.

Riza, no one likes you. I can't put it any more plainly than that. You're arrogant, conceited, you act like you're the greatest thing since sliced bread, and when you hear people laughing you think they're laughing with you, but you couldn't be more wrong. When you hear people laughing, they're laughing at you. They're laughing at you because it's mind-boggling how someone can go through life day after day with their head so far up their own ass.

No one on discord misses you. No one thinks "gee, I wish riza wasn't banned". In fact, when most people see how you act on the forums, they feel relief that they don't have to put up with you on discord too.

I wish I could experience just one day in your life, just to see how someone so utterly oblivious to the world around them goes about their day.
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2018
    I think the biggest "cultural shifts" have been caused by quality-of-life improvements which are a part of pretty much every game ever. It's no wonder that grinding in maps instead of PQs, as well as soloing bosses instead of doing them in a party became the de-facto ways to play once solo-play became viable, why would you waste time looking for random people when you can just do solo-stuff with a higher exp-rate and less downtime? Sure, doing Orbis PQ over and over again may have been a bit more fun in a way than holding down your attack button for hours in a single map, but people are obviously going to do the more efficient thing.

Also, you might want to remove your rose tinted glasses, because there was a buttload of hackers and toxicity even during the first years, at least in EMS. The most common interaction that I remember from that time is "cc plz". People didn't play "fair"; drop games, scams and what-not were everywhere, probably even more so than now. Monster Carnival had trade wins almost as soon as it came out, and I'd hardly call that good sportsmanship or fair play.

Even though I'm no longer too active in the game and miss the old days a bit, in my opinion, the game is probably in a better state than it has ever been.

Also, stop with the "signature", or at least make it a one-liner. It's rather obnoxious.
  • rizariza
    edited December 2018
    ShadEight wrote: »
    holy cringe please take off that pseudo forum signature you're not the 'voice of the people'

Cant thats what i am so it must be announced
    7. ShadEight is right.

I dont agree with your opinion but i respect your voice and right to voice it :D
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    7. ShadEight is right.

Bless this post.

Riza, no one likes you. I can't put it any more plainly than that. You're arrogant, conceited, you act like you're the greatest thing since sliced bread, and when you hear people laughing you think they're laughing with you, but you couldn't be more wrong. When you hear people laughing, they're laughing at you. They're laughing at you because it's mind-boggling how someone can go through life day after day with their head so far up their own ass.

No one on discord misses you. No one thinks "gee, I wish riza wasn't banned". In fact, when most people see how you act on the forums, they feel relief that they don't have to put up with you on discord too.

I wish I could experience just one day in your life, just to see how someone so utterly oblivious to the world around them goes about their day.

You spend most your days talking about me and posting my stuff so I mean to a extent when you post here and your still talking about me it shows that you are fond of me to some extent. I mean can it be help I just amazing.
    SlicedTime wrote: »
    I think the biggest "cultural shifts" have been caused by quality-of-life improvements which are a part of pretty much every game ever. It's no wonder that grinding in maps instead of PQs, as well as soloing bosses instead of doing them in a party became the de-facto ways to play once solo-play became viable, why would you waste time looking for random people when you can just do solo-stuff with a higher exp-rate and less downtime? Sure, doing Orbis PQ over and over again may have been a bit more fun in a way than holding down your attack button for hours in a single map, but people are obviously going to do the more efficient thing.

Also, you might want to remove your rose tinted glasses, because there was a buttload of hackers and toxicity even during the first years, at least in EMS. The most common interaction that I remember from that time is "cc plz". People didn't play "fair"; drop games, scams and what-not were everywhere, probably even more so than now. Monster Carnival had trade wins almost as soon as it came out, and I'd hardly call that good sportsmanship or fair play.

Even though I'm no longer too active in the game and miss the old days a bit, in my opinion, the game is probably in a better state than it has ever been.

Also, stop with the "signature", or at least make it a one-liner. It's rather obnoxious.

except the signature comment I do agree with you. Quality of life and probly because the people who used to play maple were just kids shows your right in the aspect that the quality of life has improved a bit. I say that also hackers being able to profit and run our economy also plays a role as most people can get things easier and makes actually playing the game non existant no more I say that this probly makes the most sense second to lilyflower. But yea this is also a good reason.

RizaSaika#8726
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2018
    guys don't encourage him, the more you counter the more you encourage his rhetoric of being the voice of the voiceless, him vs everyone
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    guys don't encourage him, the more you counter the more you encourage his rhetoric of being the voice of the voiceless, him vs everyone

I believe the term "Don't feed the troll" is a good one.
    There actually is a good idea in here though. We as players could be doing a lot more to fix Maple Culture.
    It would have to be a gentleman's agreement to basically dedicate a certain spot to people looking for parties for casual play.
    This would help alleviate the whole "solo grind meta" problem that a lot of people face.
    Right now MapleStory is basically, bring your own friends, or hit 200+. Very unappealing to new players.

You could join a guild to try to help with this, but it's been my personal experience that guilds don't really care too much about their new members.
  • rizariza
    edited December 2018

I mean your right you can ignore me :D you just do that kind sir
    Fuhreak wrote: »

There actually is a good idea in here though. We as players could be doing a lot more to fix Maple Culture.
    It would have to be a gentleman's agreement to basically dedicate a certain spot to people looking for parties for casual play.
    This would help alleviate the whole "solo grind meta" problem that a lot of people face.
    Right now MapleStory is basically, bring your own friends, or hit 200+. Very unappealing to new players.

You could join a guild to try to help with this, but it's been my personal experience that guilds don't really care too much about their new members.

Yea I mean I made a guild and Ursus server for bera which tries to help with bossing and making connections for people to the boss and party quest. I think we are doing a good job, A few of my guildies use party quest entry and map and do party quest and have a lot of fun. Nett tower, Romeo and Juliet and much more. I feel Nexon can do a good job adding in more people friendly and party friendly activities. Maybe take an idea from fairy tail and make a grand Magic or guild tournament where we can have mini-games and pvp. That's how I feel atm as we have ways to fix the community, a lot of people don't want to convert to MapleStory 2. Also, a lot of people don't want to move or merge with bera cause of the hacking and duping. So I made this thread with the idea instead of us arguing maybe we can come up with solutions and maybe awroo or someone can see it and use this attention to get something done :D but hope maybe this can help or do something.

RizaSaika#8726

• bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited December 2018
    This thread is a microcosm of in-game maple culture and why I prefer to do most things in maple by myself.
    SlicedTime
  • SlicedTimeSlicedTime
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2018

While I do wish that parties for casual play were easier to find, the thing about game metas is that changing it often requires either adjusting of game balance, or that someone manages to find a thing that is more efficient than the current meta. I think that the best way to alleviate the current meta without touching the class balance and direct EXP rewards would require changing the guild system a bit, it wouldn't hurt if it rewarded playing with your guild or alliance mates a lot more. As a whole, the guild system should be more "involving" in my opinion. (Also I'd kinda like guild membership to be account wide instead of per-character but that's an entirely different topic)

Additionally, I think you are very right on the point that new player experience is kinda bad, though I personally would think it has more to do with the amount of kinda poorly explained mechanics. Making the early game more supportive of party play would certainly be an improvement.
    Fuhreak
  • rizariza
    edited December 2018
    SlicedTime wrote: »

While I do wish that parties for casual play were easier to find, the thing about game metas is that changing it often requires either adjusting of game balance, or that someone manages to find a thing that is more efficient than the current meta. I think that the best way to alleviate the current meta without touching the class balance and direct EXP rewards would require changing the guild system a bit, it wouldn't hurt if it rewarded playing with your guild or alliance mates a lot more. As a whole, the guild system should be more "involving" in my opinion. (Also I'd kinda like guild membership to be account wide instead of per-character but that's an entirely different topic)

Additionally, I think you are very right on the point that new player experience is kinda bad, though I personally would think it has more to do with the amount of kinda poorly explained mechanics. Making the early game more supportive of party play would certainly be an improvement.

I 100% agree with what you said. I notice that most games that fix guild systems and even add extra exp and guild involving quest and perks find a way to make the game better in the end. I recommended in the past that Nexon sell guild housing for monthly nx pay like pend slots. I think that was a good idea also the amount the guild pays collectively the more perks and stuff they get. Also, it helps with building community and everyone having a home in a way. I agree with you on that point.

RizaSaika#8726
This discussion has been closed.