[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Event Dailies Consistently take way too long

xMrMeowxMrMeow
Reactions: 1,625
Member, Private Tester
edited December 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Event dailies are supposed to be something fun to do each day that gets some event coins or other good rewards. They aren't supposed to be something I'm dreading to do every day, but I put up with it to get the items in the event shop.

Doing it this way makes me play way more than I want to during the event and just makes me sick of the game by the time it's over half the time. Also for people like me who work for 9 hours a day plus commutes, having it take so long to do daily event quests is completely unreasonable.

Event dailies should take 1 MAYBE 2 hours at most. So far each of them during this event has been taking 3-4, which is absurd. There is a reason Arcane River dailies are each so short; they give players good reason to play regularly without burning them out by forcing them to play for 3-4 hours to complete them.
  1. How long should Event Dailies take maximum?16 votes
    1. Less than 1 hour
       69% (11 votes)
    2. Between 1 and 2 hours
       31% (5 votes)
    3. Between 2 and 3 hours
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Also keep in mind you'd probably want to do Event Dailies in addition to your Arcane River dailies, as well as there being multiple different event quests that can be done daily. For this reason, each individual daily should take under and hour (the current Expedition takes around 3-4 and that's not the only daily thing you can do for Determination).

It's also worth noting events that you get coins by sitting in town encourage just leaving your computer on all night, which is a waste of electricity... these should just be entirely removed with the coins given by other event quests being increased to compensate.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Should have made the post ask how long someone takes to max determination and not how long they think it should be.
    Personally it only take me 1.5-2hrs to max determination (since your specific focus was "to get the items in the event shop").

And it's a game, if you don't enjoy playing it the way the developers made it, then don't. Same concept as f2p vs p2p. You can play Maplestory completely free or you can spend nx to get perks and benefits. You can play how ever long you find pleasurable each day or you can grind the extra time for more coins. More money = more perks and benefits, more time = more coins. No one's forcing you to do anything in this game, it's your own selfishness and greed that dragging you down. If you don't want to spend the time to play the game, then don't play it instead of complaining about it.

It took me only 50m to finish the Expedition missions (as of Labyrinth of Suffering, destroy the Core, 50 Watchmen, and 300 golem, not sure if there's any that are harder since both days I managed to log, it's been the exact same three.) The fact it takes you 3-4hrs to finish is a problem from your end, not the event system.

There are people who either work from home or students who use their laptops during class who could have MS running in the background to afk gather determination without having "a waste of electricity". I love how you complain about not having enough time to max, then suggest to take away the only method to get determination without having to actively do something.

Stop thinking you're the cookie cutter for everyone else's situation. Everyone has their own situation and circumstances.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    1.5-2 hours to max determination is a lot of time to be spending on an event every single day. The op is not the first person to voice this concern - all of the Tenebris missions have consistently taken a long time to finish, and that's assuming you only do it on one character. If you're following the route that maximizes coins for your main character, that means you're completing quests on 2-3 other characters.

'If you don't like it, don't do it' is simply not an acceptable response to this situation. If you are fine to spend 2 hours doing determination, power to you. I, like the op, find the event to be more of a chore than enjoyable. 2 hours, not including bossing/symbols/whatever else you like to complete in a day, is far too much of a time investment to do daily. The Flame Bird is only a good workaround if you have kishin/frenzy - if you try and collect determination from a regular map, it is going to take forever. I haven't played the Twilight Defense yet, but I've heard it's awful.

Op, unfortunately this event is copy-pasted straight from kMS, so there is basically zero chance that it's going to change. But hopefully this is good feedback for future events that taking 2 hours to complete every day is not cool.
    xMrMeowArgentSlicedTime
  • xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    "If you don't like it, don't do it" is and always has been a horrible mentality. Events are made to draw people back into the game and get people hyped to experience new content, not to make them come back to the game only to have them feel like playing the game is a chore.
    Argent
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited December 2018
    I've basically stopped maxing on anything other than my main, and that is only because I main kanna. I'll do the lab core mission but that's about it for mules and alts. I've luckily farmed enough coins on my mules in anticipation for this nonsense, so I've got enough to level my rank and some for growth pots and skins. Not as much as I'd like and I still want to get stuff on my 2nd main, but its a lot of time Nexon is asking for.
  • xMrMeowxMrMeow
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Another problem with this event is when you're waiting for over an hour for one of the mobs to spawn for the quest, sometimes (pretty frequently) I attack it one time and the game just crashes
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    xMrMeow wrote: »
    Another problem with this event is when you're waiting for over an hour for one of the mobs to spawn for the quest, sometimes (pretty frequently) I attack it one time and the game just crashes

Ignoring the crash part, which quest is the one making you "waiting for over an hour for one of the mobs to spawn for the quest"?
    Suffering Watchmen spawn ~5m and the golem phase happens ~15m, unless there's a mission I've never seen with a unique spawn monster.
  • HousePetHousePet
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited December 2018
    I'm willing to spend an hour on the grind option (which is my only option anyway).