[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

make the event storyline versus hilla beatable

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited December 2018
    AACMIV wrote: »
    About this, when ever I enter the boss fight, I get potion locked and I cannot heal at all. Does this mean you cannot heal in the fight at all?

Healing is disabled in the Verus Hilla fight until you activate the Altar, which recovers health.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    Scania_0 wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    Does the new quest "One with the Labyrinth" require defeating the real Verus Hilla?

Yes.

Is it needed to progress with the story because otherwise you would need to find some endgame party members to help you?

I answered this earlier.
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Does the new quest "One with the Labyrinth" require defeating the real Verus Hilla?

None of the quests that are taking you through the tenebris storyline are going to require you to kill the actual boss.

You weren't required to kill real lotus for black heaven, nor real damien for heroes of maple.

None of the black mage event quests are going to require you to clear the real level 250 version of any boss. It would be an asinine requirement.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2018
    Hmm in all seriousness, I do know 2 people with 500k range that cant kill her, not cause of the damage but they cant do the mechanics. one is a wind archer the other a bishop. wind archer not sure if they've gotten v skills or even 200, bishop just got back into the game after 8 years, she's 214
  • HinizinHinizin
    Reactions: 300
    edited December 2018
    I beat her using final pact on my dark knight. Couldn't do it any other way as my range isn't where I'd like it to be at all.
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2018
    Hmm in all seriousness, I do know 2 people with 500k range that cant kill her, not cause of the damage but they cant do the mechanics. one is a wind archer the other a bishop. wind archer not sure if they've gotten v skills or even 200, bishop just got back into the game after 8 years, she's 214

To give your bishop friend the benefit of the doubt, I too struggled with story mode V. Hilla on my funded Bishop.
    The fight requires maintaining high mobility, something explorer mages in general sorely lack; teleport mastery being our only saving grace for dodging in between strings. Stopping to cast Genesis or rebuffing after ress is a quick way of sabotaging yourself.

The only way I was able to beat her was by turning on A. Vengence stance, teleporting behind Hilla when she glows blue (telegraphing her Shade-style spirit bind), and gunning the hag down. Have Bahamut up to take potshots at her undead cronies helped keep them at bay.

Seriously though... couldn't we just splash her with holy water and call it a day?
    Fuhreak